Drafting Greenway | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Greenway

Arrington is the best option because it would allow us to draft a S which we are desperate for. We have no legitimate starting S at this point and we need one with the 16th pick. If it came down to LB's tho I would much rather have Sims, Lawson, or Wimbley over Greenway. And further than that I probably would rather see Demeco Ryans over Greenway.

i think we should pass on him.i think he lacks strength big time

Jimmy James said:
Right. :rolleyes2

He wants a contract like Peterson got. If he were the best OLB in the game, he'd have it.

:rolleyes: But that's not what you said originally. :rolleyes2 Also the best players are not always the highest paid.

Miamifin23 said:
Arrington is the best option because it would allow us to draft a S which we are desperate for. We have no legitimate starting S at this point and we need one with the 16th pick. If it came down to LB's tho I would much rather have Sims, Lawson, or Wimbley over Greenway. And further than that I probably would rather see Demeco Ryans over Greenway.
That's not true. Bell can start at SS, and Hill can start at FS. Bell is the playmaker while Hill is the hard-hitting,run stopper.

we are over analyzing this. arrington is better than greenway, regardlesss of the money, end of story

Geforce said:
:rolleyes: But that's not what you said originally.

I stand by what I said originally. Do you actually think if he were one of the top 3 LBs in the game, he would still be on the market? He cannot find an acceptable deal because his talent isn't worth what his ego thinks it is.

:rolleyes2 Also the best players are not always the highest paid.

They most certainly are when they reach free agency. The reason some players are underpaid is because they were draft or rookie free agent steals. Wale was one. Clinton Portis was one. What happened, exactly, when those two even came close to the open market? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Greenway is not really a need, and we've got players to fill the positions he could play at in the Dolphins defense.

Miami needs someone who can line up over the Tight End on the line of scrimmage and do the dirty work. He needs to be able to deal with fighting off the Tight End or Tackle on most plays, blitz, etc.

Greenway is a Weakside linebacker. He'd be playing backed up off of the line of scrimmage over the Left Guard most of the time, at the position Channing Crowder plays. He's best playing in space and being allowed to go sideline to sideline.

Jimmy James said:
Bobby Carpenter is the LB Miami needs.

Carpenter is probabaly the best fit for the position, but I like Lawson a little bit more because of the upside.

arrington is not good. greenway isn't either. neither one of them is the solution.

kkcow15 said:
arrington is not good. greenway isn't either. neither one of them is the solution.

What are you basing this on?

Back
Top Bottom