Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Now my sleeper pick is a guy they have so far avoided taking a look at is Torrey Smith....in a trade down to the late first round.

Yeah Ginn really lit that sh-t up in San Francisco...
Well given the fact that he had hammie issues all last year he still had one more return for a TD than Miami did as a team and Maimi sure did get slow......all of a sudden.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

My Latest Miami Dolphins Mock Draft...(UPDATED 3-19-11)

Plan A

Mark Ingram* RB Alabama
Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can acquire a 2nd round pick)
D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (Just 6'-2")
John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn
J.T. Thomas, OLB, West Virginia
Ryan Hill, Cornerback, Miami (Fla.)

Plan B

Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can trade down in the draft mid 20'-30)
Ryan Williams,RB(if we can get a 2nd round pick)
Colin Kaepernick, QB
Lance Kendricks,TE
Ricky Henry OG Nebraska
David Carter DT UCLA
Jordan Holmes OC Oregon
David Arkin OG Missouri State

Miami don't have a year or two to take steps backward.....

To the contrary... Miami has all the time in the world to take steps backwards... it's the bozo's running the team that don't.

Miami needs a franchise quarterback whether these guys are here or not. If they can't get one, you get somebody in here that can.

These guys are in the position they're in because they DIDN'T take a quarterback when they should have. When you're picking #1 overall in the draft, it's because you don't have a quarterback. It ain't because you don't have a Hall of Fame left tackle. Need proof?

All the teams picking ahead of Miami, need a quarterback. Again, there's a reason why all these teams are picking in the top 5, 10, 15 picks of the draft... and it's because none of them have a quarterback.

Miami is never a consistent contender because every front office Miami has had since Shula has been trying exactly what you want this front office to keep doing.. which is "putting pieces" around the WRONG guy, or some other team's veteran scraps. It wont work.

You find the right guy and build around him... that's how you build a franchise.

There's nowhere to hide for this front office and coaching staff that you're so hellbent on protecting for some reason. All the Mike Pouncey's and Jake Long's in college football won't save them.

Stability is only relevant if it involves competence... and a quarterback.

yea we wouldn't want to risk getting a franchise QB... much better to miss the playoffs 8 of ten years

I want to take a QB early too, but there is no guarantee ANY OF THE QBs in this years draft, is going to become a franchise QB.

It sure is funny how many of you booed Cam for drafting Ginn over Brady Quinn....where is Brady Quinn now? Playing the lead role in "Broke Back Mountain II"?

Henne also runs crazy slow and he puts his head down and stops looking to pass, so at that point he kills the play.

Also you said you haven't even seen Mallett play...............well guess what?? When the play breaks down Mallett doesn't do that, and nether does Ponder or a lot of guys in the draft this year.

Anyways making a thread about a guy you have never seen play is :err: and :lol2: and :crazy: and :lol:.

These guys are in the position they're in because they DIDN'T take a quarterback when they should have.

And that includes Joe Flacco, because you don't trade down when you have conviction on a guy, or wait til second round hoping he falls.

Next year would be the better year to look into Drafting a QB. If they flop this year they would be in a better position to draft higher in the Draft.....
If Henne turns that corner then we wasted a pick drafting a QB this year to early.....

Keep building the offense with young talented Skill position players and bring in a Veteran QB to compete with Henne and see how dominant our young Defense can become with the first year under one of the top DC's under their belt.....
That is the way I would go...

It sure is funny how many of you booed Cam for drafting Ginn over Brady Quinn....where is Brady Quinn now? Playing the lead role in "Broke Back Mountain II"?

I loved the Ginn pick and the White pick , lol funny how that works.Over 20 years of being a draftnic ya lose on lots of guys ya liked.

I also last year said trading Ginn (WITH OUT REPLACING HIS SPEED) was a mistake and I was called out for that statement.....

Well what are they crying about now in Miami......

They lack speed!

Dah!

[video=youtube;ZYSxJgjjJFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc[/video]

And that includes Joe Flacco, because you don't trade down when you have conviction on a guy, or wait til second round hoping he falls.

This front office doesn't need a quarterback to succeed... that's how "smart" they are..

The legendary Bud Grant said it best... "A successful head coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback... and not necessarily in that order"..

Henne also runs crazy slow and he puts his head down and stops looking to pass, so at that point he kills the play.

Also you said you haven't even seen Mallett play...............well guess what?? When the play breaks down Mallett doesn't do that, and nether does Ponder or a lot of guys in the draft this year.

Anyways making a thread about a guy you have never seen play is :err: and :lol2: and :crazy: and :lol:.
I have seen him play but not much, I do not feel college ball is comparable to Pro so I look for skill sets more than stats....

Today's better QB's are like Aaron Rodgers, Mike Vick, Vince Young (If his head were on straight) Cam Newton Potential (if his head is on straight), Colin Kaepernick, Strong arm with mobility

Chad Henne's going to be on a short leash regardless. This will be the dude's FOURTH year in the league. By the end of his 8th game this year he'll have played in 38 games and will have 1200+ throws under his belt. Shouldn't that be enough time to get an idea of what this guy is going to be?

Agree 100%. My thing is not so much to continue to throw Henne out there Good or Bad, just to give him a shot to prove himeself, Miami needs to get better talent behind him at QB to challenge him.

Henne is going to start, if he continue to struggle, he will find himself on the bench, and eventually gone, if he shows to be the starter, whomever Miami drafted can later on be traded if Miami all of a sudden feels comfortable with Chad.

g
clear.gif

LOL !!

Back
Top Bottom