Reaction score
The update was made today 1/22

http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm

They have us taking:

1st - Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2nd - Taitusi Lutui OG USC
3rd - Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

My thoughts:
I disagree with the 2nd pick. I believe we'll pick up a top young G in FA and if we land Whitworth in the 3rd, Saban will automatically graduate from petty to Professional Thief!!!

btw - they also have Brandon Marshall rated as the 33rd best WR & going in the 7th rd... NOT AFTER YESTERDAY!!! This guy is now on everyone's radar.

The picks are all right, IF Cutler has a great senior bowl + workouts, but I just can't see us not taking a DB or LB on the first day.

dolphins-1.gif
jaycutler-1.jpg
Jay CutlerQBVanderbiltJay Cutler has second round talent in my opinion, but there are just so many teams that need a Quarterback he is destined to be a top 20 overall pick. The Dolphins are trying to build a offensive minded team, they went from the 28th best offense in 2004 to the 14th best in 2005, but now that Linehan is gone they need help. Santonio Holmes is another viable option here, and so is Michael Huff but Cutler would be immediate help. Keep in mind, Gus Frerotte completed only 52% of his passes in 2005.

Sounds good.

Itsdahumidity said:
The update was made today 1/22

http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm

They have us taking:

1st - Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2nd - Taitusi Lutui OG USC
3rd - Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

My thoughts:
I disagree with the 2nd pick. I believe we'll pick up a top young G in FA and if we land Whitworth in the 3rd, Saban will automatically graduate from petty to Professional Thief!!!

btw - they also have Brandon Marshall rated as the 33rd best WR & going in the 7th rd... NOT AFTER YESTERDAY!!! This guy is now on everyone's radar.

Love the Taitusi Lutui pick that guy was awsome in the Rose bowl.

Caps said:
The picks are all right, IF Cutler has a great senior bowl + workouts, but I just can't see us not taking a DB or LB on the first day.

Yeah, that's what I meant about the OG selection. We have to draft a DB on the first day. But I guess it all depends on the start of FA and who we sign in feb thru early apr.

Its funny, in all of the other threads people are saying that there is no way that Cutler will be there at 16. Its a toss up before the Senior Bowl and combine. As far as LB or DB, I think those could easily be addressed via FA... I would like to see us draft a WR in the 3rd.

Really great mock. It would be heard to see the fins pass up on a db in the second (little dissappointed to see Jason Allen and Cromartie off the board by our pick), but if no one is there, then no one is there. Looks like we could have Greg Lee, WR Pittsburgh, or Kelly Jennings, CB Miami in the 3rd if we wanted.

I like

1st round Traded down and grab Jay Culter around the 20 pick
(grabbing a 5th are 4th round pick)

2nd here a reach and I know you guy will eat me alive but here it is any where
Delvin Hester instant field poistion

3rdOL

I dont think there is anyway that defensive minded Saban doesnt take any defensive players on the first day. Our D is pretty strong, but there are still some needs

Their 2nd round draft order is all out of whack.

RalphX19X said:
And in the 4th round we should get OLB Pierre Woods.

He was a huge disappointment this year. He didn't start & he may not even be drafted.

Back
Top Bottom