DraftStudio.com's Updated 3 rd Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DraftStudio.com's Updated 3 rd Mock

I think Saban has covered his position on reaching for QBs in the first round well enough. If Cutler's a second round talent I don't see Saban reaching for him.

IMO, Whitworth won't be available for us in the 3rd. I would like that draft though, except change Cutler with Huff/Scott/McNeil/Youboty

Andrew Whitworth is HIGHLY overrated in my opinion. Everyone assumes we'll get him because Saban coached him, but IMO that doesn't mean jack squat. Saban listens to one man and one man alone when deciding what OL to draft, and that is Hudson Houck. If Whitworth catches Hudson's eye, fine and dandy we'll draft him. If not, he's off the list, period. And, from having scouted Whitworth, I can say there's not a whole lot to catch Houck's eye. He's not a dominant run blocker, and does not play with good balance in either aspect of blocking. He doesn't look very powerful. Saban told the guy last year NOT to come out early, that he needed another year of learning before he could enter the league. To me, that doesn't sound like the opinion of a guy that can't wait to bring him on board.

WE WILL NOT DRAFT OL EARLY!

It just wont happen. Sorry to all those "experts" who obviously watch lots of college but know nothing about the NFL teams, their coaches or their strengths. This mock may have been realistic before watching any Fins this year, but the OL is NOT our biggest weakness, and even if we need to improve it, it WONT be with two day 1 picks.

Oh ya, and if Michael Huff is there for our first pick, he will be a Fin.

It all depends on who's the big FA we sign this year. Is it Owens, Peterson, Hutchinson, or is it Clements?

Dolfan1000 said:
WE WILL NOT DRAFT OL EARLY!

It just wont happen. Sorry to all those "experts" who obviously watch lots of college but know nothing about the NFL teams, their coaches or their strengths. This mock may have been realistic before watching any Fins this year, but the OL is NOT our biggest weakness, and even if we need to improve it, it WONT be with two day 1 picks.

Makes sense to me.

At this point in time my best quess would be CB, S, LB, DL or WR for 1st round, maybe 2nd round its the same list with QB added, 3rd round and up you can add OL.

Itsdahumidity said:
The update was made today 1/22

http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm

They have us taking:

1st - Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2nd - Taitusi Lutui OG USC
3rd - Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

My thoughts:
I disagree with the 2nd pick. I believe we'll pick up a top young G in FA and if we land Whitworth in the 3rd, Saban will automatically graduate from petty to Professional Thief!!!

I dont think Cutler will fall that far... his stock is going up right now, not going down...

I also dont think that there is a chance in hell that we dont draft defense in the first 3 rounds... With our needs OLB, DT, and in the secondary... we will definatly address one of them on the first day...

Itsdahumidity said:
btw - they also have Brandon Marshall rated as the 33rd best WR & going in the 7th rd... NOT AFTER YESTERDAY!!! This guy is now on everyone's radar.

Its about damn time! The kid is a beast! He is a 6'6 WR! :eek:

Nasty said:
I dont think Cutler will fall that far... his stock is going up right now, not going down...

I don't think we should assume that Cutler has an impressive Senior Bowl. He's coming from Vandy...and he's still a raw guy. His natural talent will show, but he's not the coach's son type fantastic mental ability prospect that is going to take to the pro system like a fish in water like Phil Rivers did. I think Brodie Croyle might just do that, though. Honestly you line these guys up and watch them throw, see their arms next to each other, and when all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if Brodie and Jay end up sort of duking it out a bit for first round standing.

ckparrothead said:
I don't think we should assume that Cutler has an impressive Senior Bowl. He's coming from Vandy...and he's still a raw guy. His natural talent will show, but he's not the coach's son type fantastic mental ability prospect that is going to take to the pro system like a fish in water like Phil Rivers did. I think Brodie Croyle might just do that, though. Honestly you line these guys up and watch them throw, see their arms next to each other, and when all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if Brodie and Jay end up sort of duking it out a bit for first round standing.

Oh, I didnt say that I assume for him to have a good Senior Bowl... or combine even for that matter. I was just saying, that generally his stock is rising right now, not falling...

ckparrothead said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Brodie and Jay end up sort of duking it out a bit for first round standing.

Wow, thats a bold prediction. I like him though, definitely my second QB choice.

I like the first pick... the other 2 suck..

QUESTION:

Does anyone else know any other mocks that have round 2 and/or 3...?

Back
Top Bottom