Drew Brees... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees...

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Reaction score
Since it is kinda slow right now, and it seems that most of us are still unsettled about the QB situation....what do y'all think about this....

WHAT IF....SD takes Eli with their #1 pick. What would it take for us to acquire Brees...Now I don't know his salary cap ramifications, etc...but could we trade Rosenfels to them and our 3 rd next year for Brees...is that too little ?? Is he worth it ??

I thought he would be more productive when he was drafted, but I don't think he is too enamored with Martyball....I like his upside, and don't think the jury is out on him just yet..

I know it's pipe-dream stuff, but whadda ya think ??

I think David Boston would smack Spielman upside the head if this were to happen. :D I think Brees is an ok qb but nothing great. Personally I'm not a fan of short QB's but that's just me.

I don't think the Jury is out on him yet, but i don't want him either. I think he had a lot of potential coming out of college. i don't blame him for flopping, i blame SD. They have a history of not developing QB's well. If I could go back in the draft, I still would have taken him, even though he's a mediocre QB at this point. I think SD just has grooming problems, but he's too old now to waste our time with him.

Sorry hunt...it is for me...I'm tired of talking about the schedule....

Do not put Feeley and Brees in the same sentence.

I have to be honest I absolutely loved Brees coming out of Purdue and I prayed Miami would draft him, cursed them when they passed over him. With that said, I don't think he is the answer. He has not shown the ability to be a top flight QB in this league. Although he is not playing with the greatest of teams he seems more to have benefited from Tiller's offense than have top flight QB capabilities.

I'm not completely against the idea I just think that as of now the Brees situation is a lot like the McNown situation a few years ago...so I'd give like maybe a 6th for him.

Originally posted by MarinoIsGod
I have to be honest I absolutely loved Brees coming out of Purdue and I prayed Miami would draft him, cursed them when they passed over him. With that said, I don't think he is the answer. He has not shown the ability to be a top flight QB in this league. Although he is not playing with the greatest of teams he seems more to have benefited from Tiller's offense than have top flight QB capabilities.

:lol: I was the complete opposite of you when it came to Brees, I watch Big Ten football and felt that Brees was a product of the system he played in at Prudue and was very overrated.

I wouldn't trade for Brees because we don't need him. He is worse than Jay Fiedler, and if Fiedler loses in TC to Feeley, that would mean that we have 2 QBs who are better than Brees.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I wouldn't trade for Brees because we don't need him. He is worse than Jay Fiedler, and if Fiedler loses in TC to Feeley, that would mean that we have 2 QBs who are better than Brees.

I absolutely agree with this.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Do not put Feeley and Brees in the same sentence.

I agree, Feeley will never be as good as Brees. I would like to get Brees but not give up over a 5th and maybe throw in Feeley so we could keep Sage as 3rd stringer.

Why would we trade for Brees when we already traded for Feely??? I think we need to give Feely a chance. Feely's greatest strength is his deep ball from what i've read and he's got Boston and Chambers to throw to. Think about how many times Fiedler missed a wide open Chambers deep, Feely is suppose to come in and make those throws. If Fiedler would have made those throws we would have been in the Playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom