Drew Brees... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees...

People on this site talked about Brees two years ago like they talk about Rivers.
I've never put potential in the bank.
Feeley has already proved what he can do given the chance, Rivers has never palyed an NFL game and he's already better than Feeley.
We'll see.

I'd rather see Sage get a better look than going after another QB. I know it was pre-season, but Sage looked good up in WAS. I actually wish Sage was considered in the QB competition in the off-season with Feeley and Fiedler.

I know the players wanted to see last season through, but I think Wanndstedt should have really given the last game to Sage. Let's see what he can do in a real NFL game.

Drew Brees...sucks? Yes, I know.

I'm not overly excited about Feeley but I'd take Sage over Brees whom is at best is a career backup in my opinion. I would be very surprised if Brees could take the #2 spot over Fiedler, let alone become a star at QB.

Originally posted by fin13
People on this site talked about Brees two years ago like they talk about Rivers.
I've never put potential in the bank.
Feeley has already proved what he can do given the chance, Rivers has never palyed an NFL game and he's already better than Feeley.
We'll see.

I don't recall many fans at this site going wild over Brees during the draft (most wanted a WR like Chad Johnson or Chambers at #26) but my memory could be hazy.

Poeple who say Fiedler sucks but wouldn't mind Brees?Please...

I rather take my chances with Feeley or Fiedler.

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
Since it is kinda slow right now, and it seems that most of us are still unsettled about the QB situation....what do y'all think about this....

WHAT IF....SD takes Eli with their #1 pick. What would it take for us to acquire Brees...Now I don't know his salary cap ramifications, etc...but could we trade Rosenfels to them and our 3 rd next year for Brees...is that too little ?? Is he worth it ??

I thought he would be more productive when he was drafted, but I don't think he is too enamored with Martyball....I like his upside, and don't think the jury is out on him just yet..

I know it's pipe-dream stuff, but whadda ya think ??

I think you're on crack and should stop smoking it IMO ............. Brees is a chump and I'm glad we never drafted him.

Id consider giving Brees a shot.....hes hasnbt shown anything since his rookie year, but id be willing to give him a shot.

They wont trade for Brees... They feel Feeley is the next Dan Marino. Plus, if they really liked Brees they would have taken him 3 years ago instead of Fletcher. I too cursed them when they passed him up. I watched Brees play in college a lot, and have had the opportunity to meet him. My take on him is he was a great player in college who played well in Tiller's system. He is a team player. However, his size and questionable arm strength will never let him play at an all-pro level. And I do feel San Diego might have ruined what could be a career as a good starter.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
They wont trade for Brees... They feel Feeley is the next Dan Marino. Plus, if they really liked Brees they would have taken him 3 years ago instead of Fletcher. I too cursed them when they passed him up. I watched Brees play in college a lot, and have had the opportunity to meet him. My take on him is he was a great player in college who played well in Tiller's system. He is a team player. However, his size and questionable arm strength will never let him play at an all-pro level. And I do feel San Diego might have ruined what could be a career as a good starter.

I doubt we'll trade for Brees, but it's not b/c we think Feeley is the next Marino. Wayne H. was the only one who said that and Wanny responded with "Wayne is just a little excited".

Forget Brees. He's not a big time QB. Never one a big game when he played in college. Put up nice numbers, but that was more the system then him. He's another Fiedler. He can't get it done.

Back
Top Bottom