Drew Henson, meet Dan Marino.......Dan Marino meet your heir. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Henson, meet Dan Marino.......Dan Marino meet your heir.

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
As a wolverines fan, I have watched the likes of:

Jim Harbaugh
Elvis Grbac
Brian Griese
Tom Brady
Drew Henson
John Navarre

QB them in recent years. Henson is the best of the lot. He's the closest thing to a prototypical NFL quarterback that Big Blue has produced in my lifetime. IMO, he's the next Troy Aikman. Obviously he's short on experience but makes up for it by being long on talent. He's got the goods and Miami needs to get this kid any way possible. I just had to watch Tom freaking Brady win his 2nd Super Bowl MVP. Henson is 10 times the talent he is, and while that is not everything, it's a helluva start.

Rick & Dan, get this guy in here no matter what it takes.

Originally posted by Canuck
As a wolverines fan, I have watched the likes of:

Jim Harbaugh
Elvis Grbac
Brian Griese
Tom Brady
Drew Henson
John Navarre

QB them in recent years. Henson is the best of the lot. He's the closest thing to a prototypical NFL quarterback that Big Blue has produced in my lifetime. IMO, he's the next Troy Aikman. Obviously he's short on experience but makes up for it by being long on talent. He's got the goods and Miami needs to get this kid any way possible. I just had to watch Tom freaking Brady win his 2nd Super Bowl MVP. Henson is 10 times the talent he is, and while that is not everything, it's a helluva start.

Rick & Dan, get this guy in here no matter what it takes.

Michigan Fan also and he is the best of that he has all the smarts of Brady but a better arm and more mobile and he motovated his team a lot better then brady ever did at Mich.

He did this all in one year as starting QB for Michigan. Wow sounds like Superman!

muddaconch

didn't troy aikman win a couple super bowls????? :)

Personally, I would take Henson or Rivers.

I'd rather have Rivers drafted and Michigan alum Brian Griese as incumbent.

i would rather have Henson, because it allows miami to focus on needs to improve THIS season.

Rivers or Henson will not start anyway... so lets win "now."

agree fisticuff, henson for picks in 2005 would give us so many more options.
we wouldn't need a qb with the first pick so our draft could potentially look like this:
henson, clayton, carey, jacob rogers, Isaac Sapoaga, Dexter Reid, Jason Gethers

or maybe we retain ogun and then can see what falls to us at 20, maybe a WR and go for a guy like jacob rogers later or get an OL early and grab one of the WRs in the third round.

Offense would be locked up for a long time and we can go back to drafting defense in future years(where we've been able to find diamonds in the late rounds), we are still talented on D and can begin to get more talented and younger in the future.

no matter which way we go, hoping brunell is under center next season

Just a reminder that Brian Griese won the National title with Michigan and flopped in the NFL.

One good college season does not make an NFL all star. Rivers has done it for four years and has just gotten better. I only take Henson if I can trade for him with a lower pick or next years #2.

Originally posted by Regan21286
I'd rather have Rivers drafted and Michigan alum Brian Griese as incumbent.

Griese is awful, why would you want him around. He is set to make way too much money next year. Him and Fiedler are both going to get released, and of the two if I had to keep one I would keep Fiedler. Griese got his chance and he did nothing with it.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Just a reminder that Brian Griese won the National title with Michigan and flopped in the NFL.

One good college season does not make an NFL all star. Rivers has done it for four years and has just gotten better. I only take Henson if I can trade for him with a lower pick or next years #2.

henson worries me a bit, i feel you on the lower round pick, and if i was in the fo, i'd be apprehensive about next year's #2. how many qbs come back and play lights out after being away from the game for years? look at the 4 other recent baseball converts: a. smith, q. carter, c. hutchinson, and weinke. smith is lucky ryan leaf exists, or he'd be the biggest bust ever. carter lead the league in interceptions. hutchinson has a nasty case of fumblitis, and weinke is an emergency qb. i'm not too comfortable with the finz mortaging their future with this fella, i would much rather them go after a qb in the draft or bring in a youngster via trade. 3 years is too long a time off to try to come back, and this guy might not be ready for another 3-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom