Drew Henson, meet Dan Marino.......Dan Marino meet your heir. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Henson, meet Dan Marino.......Dan Marino meet your heir.

Originally posted by Phishstix

henson worries me a bit, i feel you on the lower round pick, and if i was in the fo, i'd be apprehensive about next year's #2. how many qbs come back and play lights out after being away from the game for years? look at the 4 other recent baseball converts: a. smith, q. carter, c. hutchinson, and weinke. smith is lucky ryan leaf exists, or he'd be the biggest bust ever. carter lead the league in interceptions. hutchinson has a nasty case of fumblitis, and weinke is an emergency qb. i'm not too comfortable with the finz mortaging their future with this fella, i would much rather them go after a qb in the draft or bring in a youngster via trade. 3 years is too long a time off to try to come back, and this guy might not be ready for another 3-4 years.

Ok only one proplem comparing Henson to this guys other then smith(who was just a bust) none of them were ever rated as a #1 pick even if those guys played football only they would not have been drafted in the first let alone a top five pick. big difference in talent.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Griese is awful, why would you want him around. He is set to make way too much money next year. Him and Fiedler are both going to get released, and of the two if I had to keep one I would keep Fiedler. Griese got his chance and he did nothing with it.

Hmm...Fiedler got 3 years as his chance. So why not Griese. If he's willing to take a pay cut. I can envision him as Jon Kitna (who was formerly MEDIOCRE) starting while a rookie QB learns the ropes (Rivers, Losman, whatever).

Why not Griese? Because he's too small, because he has no pocket feel, because the the opposing D knows they can find him 5 yards behind center.

Great accuracy and not awhole lot else. That's why he could never be another Kitna for us. I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but not the starter...

IMO Henson is good it would be good if we could get him but Rivers is better he has proved it for 4 years. He wins his bowl games or he don't rattle in key situations that is what we need in Miami.

I would go for Rivers first if we can't get him I would be more than happy with Henson.

Rivers is not going to be as good as everyone seems to think. As for Henson as a Michigan fan i think he is a traitor and I am not sure if i want to see him in a Dolphins uniform. He would probaly just quit after a year and go play for the JEts or Bills or something. Just like he left Michigan to go Play baseball for the Columbus Clipperships i mean come on leave michigan to play in Columbus. For those of you who dont know that is were Ohio State plays the ultimate traitor.

If we get Henson, than we BETTER get Michael Clayton. Keep Oronde Gadsden, adn get some OLINE in FA, along with some depth at OLINE, and we should be set.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Griese is awful, why would you want him around. He is set to make way too much money next year. Him and Fiedler are both going to get released, and of the two if I had to keep one I would keep Fiedler. Griese got his chance and he did nothing with it.

If we can't nail Brunelle, and he comes back with a huge pay cut (he would) I'd take him in a heartbeat. If not, we're stuck with Sage (potential, but not likely) Jay, and our Rookie.

He has a bigger upside than Jay, makes good throws when given time, accurate, etc. Not our long-term answer, but Jay has had his chance. Sign him back cheap, draft a rookie, and let him and Sage battle it out for the starting gig until our rookie is ready.

Jim Mandich SWEARS that Drew Henson was the best FOOTBALL player he ever saw at Michigan...........He tells stories of watching practice with Bo, and Bo would say: "We got two pretty good QB's who will both play on sunday's." Mandich would then ask: "Who is better?"

Bo would then say: "Jim, Tom Brady will be a pro bowler in the NFL......Drew Henson will be a Hall of Famer."

Back
Top Bottom