Drew's Views for July 6th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views for July 6th

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Drew talked about David Bowens' injury and says the Dolphins do not have to pay him because it was a sports unrelated accident. He says the Phins will most likely pay him because they want to keep him.

He also talked about the status the Phins are in with re-signing O-Gun. Drew said that the Dolphins were using David Bowens as leverage to get O-Gun to sign quicker and for less because Bowens could take O-Gun's spot. With Bowens' injury, he said he is looking for the Dolphins to agree to a multi-year contract. The Dolphins are apparently trying to resign him for the Vet minimum.

Rob Konrad will apparently be a bigger part of the offense this year. Rosenhaus talked about how everyone on the defense will be looking at McMichael & Ricky and leave Rob wide open. They showed a few clips from camp of Jay throwing some nice passes to him. He looks very good.

Drew can TRY all he wants... but the fact of the matter is... O-gun has no leverage. He is an exclusive rights free agent, and he has the choice of either signing the one-year tender or sitting out the year and AGAIN being an exclusive rights free agent next year.

OG tried the same thing and Jimmy told him, have fun watching the games on TV... and he came crawling back. O-gun is not worthy of a big contract quite yet. JT was constantly being doub;e and sometimes even triple-teamed, and O-gun didn't get constant p0ressure. Add to the fact he has only had one decennt year, it would not be wise to invest a lot of money in him.

If he is willing to take a multi-year deal worthy of a second-tier player $1-$2million per year, than MAYBE... but if he is looking to cash in on one 10 sack performance... I say go out and prove it wasn't a fluke.

Thanks Gonk,.....Does anyone know if they show drews view on Directv??? If so, can I get the times please?? Thanks.

Where was Wally in New England.....when JT was slowed with a groin injury and was still catching double and triple teams?? Wally was on the other side, getting 0wned by a single RT.

Sorry buddy, but you gotta do like Lamar Smith and "show me again".

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't use D-Bo as leverage, fine we'll use Lamanzer Williams and Jay Williams. Do not be surprised at all if we start hearing a LOT of hype from the coaches about Lamanzer and how good he's looking in camp.

For real. A Jay Williams is sure to start camp with a bang...looking EXTRA GOOD according to Wanny. ;)

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Thanks Gonk,.....Does anyone know if they show drews view on Directv??? If so, can I get the times please?? Thanks.

Nope, it's on Channel 7 in Miami.

Check the wsvn.com website. Usually they have a broadcast replay of sunday's sports extra and stuff.

Just for your info: WSVN is the National Enquirer of news stations.

The one on the site right now is from last week. I guess it gets updated perhaps tomorrow.

o-gun will have a good season again, but when we win the SB he will not ask for too much money just as long as he stays therea nd wins another SB...

Originally posted by dolfans1988
o-gun will have a good season again, but when we win the SB he will not ask for too much money just as long as he stays therea nd wins another SB...

:confused:

Silly as it may seem, but had OGUN accumulated just one more half sack (bringing his season total to 10), he would have a lot more leverage in his negotiations.

He's a EFA......let his a$$ sit out a year. Didn't Miami give this a guy a chance coming out of college after a serious knee injury as a senior at IU? There's no loyalty in the game :rolleyes:

Salary Cap question:

I understand that if Miami chooses, they can not pay D.Bo. this year, but they are likely opting to pay him...since this is their choice, can they work something out where he is paid, but not as part of the cap?

Just wondering.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
He's a EFA......let his a$$ sit out a year. Didn't Miami give this a guy a chance coming out of college after a serious knee injury as a senior at IU? There's no loyalty in the game :rolleyes:

Nope no loyality whatsoever....look at OG. We picked his butt up from the arena league.,,,,

Or how about LB Brown (or whatever his name is..that kid out of HS in basketball). He was asked where his loyalties lie - with the team or with Nike and that SOB answered "50/50".

Originally posted by xiidaen
Salary Cap question:

I understand that if Miami chooses, they can not pay D.Bo. this year, but they are likely opting to pay him...since this is their choice, can they work something out where he is paid, but not as part of the cap?

Just wondering.

Everything will be applied to the cap. Just a matter of when and how much.

Back
Top Bottom