Drew's Views for July 6th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views for July 6th

What a jerk. These guys are rich anyway and will see more money than most of us will in a lifetime and they still want more money. This drives me crazy. I say let his *** set out this season. If he would sign and have another good year throw a little more money at him. If not screw him.

Exactly, while they do have the argument that they put their bodies at risk every day at work, so do a lot of other professions, only thos other professions get paid next to nothing. Its sad to me that the days of people playing football because they love football are virtually over. People always say that the NFL is a business. It didn't used to be... athletes gathered to play against the best to test their skills... not fill their wallets. Fortunatly Miami has been blessed with many loyal players... I don't think I could stand being a fan of another team that cycles through superstars so fast that you don't have a chance to get attached.

I'm willing to risk lengthening my ramble by adding that I love the recent "Champion" Sportswear commercials that I've seen... indeed "Where have all the Champions gone?"

He won't hold out. He has already vowed that he won't. There's no harm in trying to get all that you can before the season starts. But there's also no harm in making the guy prove it again. Especially one who you allowed to sit on the bench and recover/improve for two years without pressure.

Originally posted by Gonk
They showed a few clips from camp of Jay throwing some nice passes to him. He looks very good.

Drew allowed them to use Jay as the QB throwing nice passes to Konrad? Hmmm, how's he gotta get his BG is the QB in the future if he's showing good stuff of Jay?:D

Agreed, O-gun does need to prove it. I can imagine, though, how hard it must be to live in JT's shadow and up to the expectations of this team but it is no excuse. The money will come when he can play to his full potential so what is he worried about? Like Phin said it's sad when all they worry about is the money instead of picking apart teams with desire.

Lebron James is the guy yu are thinking f who said his loyalty was 50/50 between The Cavaliers of the NBA and Nike. So basically what that means is if Nike has a promo shoot the same time as a Cavs basketball game ( not that Nike is stupid enough to schedule something like that but hear me out..) The Cavs are assured that he might be there for half of the time.

Having said that, the question was loaded one. Costas asked where his loyalties lies, to the show company or the team. Lebron said 50/50 and probably meant to both. Big difference in sayings there. Who wouldn't be loyal to a company that is paying hm 90 million dollars for you to sponser their shoes?
Anyhoo, I didn't know that if Ogun were to sit out that he wold be an exclusive free agent again next year. Is this true? If so, then he really doesn't have any leverage at all. I would hate to see him sit out, as I feel he is he real deal but if your going to play with fire (speilman) be prepared to get burnt

HAVING 2 quick-powerful tall defensive ends like last year is the most

important..... trace who??? time to compromise here... this guy did it

the field... he should get paid so that we don't lose him... he is young

and has only had one good year.. resign him!!

No compromise IMO. He sat out the first year and we paid him. Then he was pretty much practice squad the second year.....learning and recovering....and we paid him. In reality, he's really only played one season. And did pretty well.....with the game's best DE on the other side. And when that DE was neutralized, Wally was nowhere to be found.

Trace who?? Wally has never had 16.5 sacks. Wally has never come up with a game-changing sack. He's never won a playoff game with a sack. And he's never been the team leader. Trace was absolute money in crunch time. Wally still has to prove he can do it.

He has no leverage. And he has to prove it again. We risk nothing by holding our ground. If he proves he's the real deal, he'll get his due from somebody next year. But until then, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. By holding out, he hurts himself AND us.

Originally posted by Muck
No compromise IMO. He sat out the first year and we paid him. Then he was pretty much practice squad the second year.....learning and recovering....and we paid him. In reality, he's really only played one season. And did pretty well.....with the game's best DE on the other side. And when that DE was neutralized, Wally was nowhere to be found.

Trace who?? Wally has never had 16.5 sacks. Wally has never come up with a game-changing sack. He's never won a playoff game with a sack. And he's never been the team leader. Trace was absolute money in crunch time. Wally still has to prove he can do it.

He has no leverage. And he has to prove it again. We risk nothing by holding our ground. If he proves he's the real deal, he'll get his due from somebody next year. But until then, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. By holding out, he hurts himself AND us.

Excellent post Muck, I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom