Drew's Views - Sports Extra, Channel 7 News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views - Sports Extra, Channel 7 News

Hey fellas we have some minor news at wqam.com
GOOD NIGHT

Originally posted by Barbarian

I agree...

basically its a bit of a tradeoff...

Wade is the better Passblocker of the two.

D-Mac is the better runblocker though.

Wade better pass blocker?Hah!
Wade has his share of problems when it come to pass blocking.

I'll take D-Mac especially considering he won't be facing as many stud DE playing right tackle.Wade is a great run blocker making it a push when it come to run bocking.

D-Mac will be great signing considiring his salary to Wade and defitnitely not a downgrade.I see Dm-Mac as cheaper Todd Wade who still gettign as he learning to play the position.

Originally posted by Barbarian

D-Mac pass blocks like a Matador (one without the saber even). He should never have been at left tackle.

Hell, charger fans even all seem to agree with this assessment. The guy is a pisspoor passblocker, but a bulldozer againt the run.

Big Mac allowed 9.5 sacks in his 37 starts as a LT. No matter how you slice it, that is very respectable. It boggles the imagination to think how sacks Todd Wade would allow if some team played him for that many games at LT and passed an equal number of times.
Mac should do better as a pass blocker on the right b/c he is better suited to handle power than speed and there is no reason to think he can't do equally as well, at least, as Wade did there.
They are both powerful inline run blockers, but all things combined I'd prefer Mac, except that Wade has been more durable. When one factors in that Mac should be able to be signed for a lower amt, IMO it all adds up to making him the better of the two, for overall ability and cost.

So...now this kid is better than Wade, huh?

Does that mean it's going to cost an obscene contract like Wade got? The market is high right now.

Haven't heard much on veteran centers drawing interest yet. I guess that would be an option later if they feel the need to bring McKinney some competition. Many people on here do like Jake Grove if we have multiple 1st rounders...

If we sign McIntosh we should sign another T with him to play the 5 or so games a year McIntosh will miss.

I love the guy though and want him signed. If only he could stay healthy all year.

He doesn't get hurt that that often.

Originally posted by BIGO
Hey fellas we have some minor news at wqam.com
GOOD NIGHT

Thanks dude. It now resides on our front page as well. :)

Originally posted by MrClean

Big Mac allowed 9.5 sacks in his 37 starts as a LT. No matter how you slice it, that is very respectable.

Watch some charger games and see how many times blocking is rolled over to D-Mac's side, how many times on passing plays that the fullback stayed in and helped Mac.

the guy was constantly being helped and supported by his guard and backs helping him. Not to mention, take a look at the charger QB (doesn't matter which guy is in) he spends a solid portion of the game rolling to and stepping up to the right to avoid the pass rush from the left.

You can look at the stats all you want, but actually watch the guy play.

Have y'all?

I have, and the guy is a poor passblocker, period. Hopefully working on fundimentals with our O-Line coach will help him improve that aspect of his game.

I've seen him when we played them, a few times more every year, but obviously not as much as you have since you live close and may have to put up with them on local network if ya don't have a dish. So I would say that you have watched SD more than I have the last 3 years
In the '03 game I do not recall JT getting any sacks vs Mac, and he seemed to do a good job run blocking as well. Although overall SD did not run the ball well that day, but we were talking pass blocking, not run blocking anyway.....
But the original discussion was comparing him as a pass blocker to Wade, and you said you are of the belief that Wade is better.
I think that if Wade were put in the same position that Damion was in, he'd have done much worse, because even playing the right side where he doesn't see as many speed rushers, he still was no great shakes as a pass blocker. I never saw anything from Wade as a pass blocker to make me think he could survive for even one game as a LT. IMO, moving Damion to RT would be putting him at his ideal position, and he showed that he could get by for 3 years on the left side in SD, (which I do not believe Wade could have done) albeit with some blocking help much of the time as you mentioned.

Since he has IMO better feet and movement skills than Wade does I think Mac would do a better job at RT, barring injury than Wade did in every aspect, and no I'm not saying it b/c Wade left and we are possibly getting Mac :)

dont forget wade smith needed help too and when he didnt ,got burned bad. the thing is this guy is young. if he plays the right side, he wont be under as much pressure. if he is a run first kind of blocker, that plays into his hand to become a better pass blocker with ricky back there.

Originally posted by Muck

Thanks dude. It now resides on our front page as well. :)

Who is keeping that front page updated?

Good job!

Working his a$$ off!

Originally posted by MrClean

Big Mac allowed 9.5 sacks in his 37 starts as a LT. No matter how you slice it, that is very respectable. It boggles the imagination to think how sacks Todd Wade would allow if some team played him for that many games at LT and passed an equal number of times.
Mac should do better as a pass blocker on the right b/c he is better suited to handle power than speed and there is no reason to think he can't do equally as well, at least, as Wade did there.
They are both powerful inline run blockers, but all things combined I'd prefer Mac, except that Wade has been more durable. When one factors in that Mac should be able to be signed for a lower amt, IMO it all adds up to making him the better of the two, for overall ability and cost.

I was going to add to this, but in retrospect, you've said just about everything I would.
Mac will (if we get him) play the right side, where you need only be adequate in pass protection. He's an excellent fit and should cost much less than Wade. GET HIM!!!!

BTW, for whatever it's worth, Scouts, Inc. rates MacIntosh higher than Wade.

Back
Top Bottom