DT A.J Francis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT A.J Francis

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
What's the evaluation on DT A.J. Francis? He looked VERY disruptive vs the Texans. Looked almost like a starter. Is there room for him on the Dolphins 53? If so, who would he replace? :confused:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/62994/miami-dolphins-stock-watch-5

"...3. A.J. Francis, defensive tackle: Miami’s defensive line is easily the deepest area of the team. The second- and third-string defensive linemen have been stout throughout training camp and the preseason. This week Francis, a third-stringer, had a good performance in limited playing time. Francis finished with two tackles, a tackle for loss, a quarterback pressure and a tipped pass. Francis was disruptive and showed good strength and movement down the line of scrimmage. It’s going to be very hard to make the Dolphins as a defensive lineman, but he made a good case Saturday night."

Is he #76?? If so, yes! He was in the backfield more than once!

YES #76 like him and robertson guy also the def end Tristan Okpalaugo, hoping to stash a couple of those on PS

Yes he is #76. He was one of the few backups who shined on defense the other night. He had 2 tackles and batted down a pass.

We have so much depth at D-Line and all these guys are not going to make the team. We need to take one of these guys and swing a trade for some O-line depth.

I agree with you foozool13 or a better TE than what's left on the roster.

While I agree we need an upgrade at TE, our depth at OG and OT are pretty bad. Give TH some time throw and he will eventually find a WR to throw to. No matter how good our TE, he cant throw to them from the ground. We still have some good receiving options in Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, and Miller/Thomas as our #4 now with Keller going down. Plus I think Sims can suffice for us.

I like him too. In any other year I'd be confident that he makes the roster. However, it's almost like we are already loaded on the DL. Worthy of a Practice Squad spot, at the very least.

I think Francis has an excellent chance to make the roster over Vaughn Martin. If Miami keeps 9 D-lineman, Francis should make it. I don't think AJ will make it to Miami's practice squad, because I think he stands a good chance of being claimed off the waiver wire, if released during the final cuts. He's got tools to work with and it appears he's improved from the HOF game. Got to give props to Kacey Rodgers on this one. He's got a legit player to develop. I got to believe the coaching staff knowing that both Soliai and Starks being F/A's after 2013 have to be looking at keeping AJ Francis on the roster as protection against losing both player's after the season.

This guy is prime trade bait for a TE or OT. I'd already be working the phones if I were Ireland...

I think Francis has an excellent chance to make the roster over Vaughn Martin. If Miami keeps 9 D-lineman, Francis should make it. I don't think AJ will make it to Miami's practice squad, because I think he stands a good chance of being claimed off the waiver wire, if released during the final cuts. He's got tools to work with and it appears he's improved from the HOF game. Got to give props to Kacey Rodgers on this one. He's got a legit player to develop. I got to believe the coaching staff knowing that both Soliai and Starks being F/A's after 2013 have to be looking at keeping AJ Francis on the roster as protection against losing both player's after the season.

I definitely havent seen much from Martin at all, but unfortunately he was signed in the offseason and that alone may help him make the roster over Francis. Otherwise, I too would keep Francis over Martin even with Martin's versatility.

I would put him on 53 and kiss Vaughn martin goodbye. I am tired of letting big boys go to other teams.

yes yes and yes.

Back
Top Bottom