DT A.J Francis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT A.J Francis

At this point he has a leg up on Vaughn Martin. My DTs would be Soliai, Odrick, Starks, Randall and Francis.

I think Francis has an excellent chance to make the roster over Vaughn Martin. If Miami keeps 9 D-lineman, Francis should make it. I don't think AJ will make it to Miami's practice squad, because I think he stands a good chance of being claimed off the waiver wire, if released during the final cuts. He's got tools to work with and it appears he's improved from the HOF game. Got to give props to Kacey Rodgers on this one. He's got a legit player to develop. I got to believe the coaching staff knowing that both Soliai and Starks being F/A's after 2013 have to be looking at keeping AJ Francis on the roster as protection against losing both player's after the season.
Well said. I think he makes the team. Kudos to Ireland on some free agent finds and Rodgers who is one of the best in the biz.

You will not get Francis on the practice squad. Plain and simple. You cut him and he is very likely gone. Do you cut him and keep Martin?

I think you keep Francis over the idea of trading him for a tight end. Harder to find good young defensive linemen.

Francis and Randall have been balling.

You cut Francis and he'll be picked up faster than Kearse was when we cut that kid - I really liked Kearse as a 6'5, 310 bruising NT and we cut him.

Kiss Martin good-bye, he hasn't flashed at all in the limited reps I've seen.

I love Starks but it may be time to move him for an offensive lineman, TE, or LB depth.

The guy has shown a lot of potential. Hopefully if they can't make a trade they can stash him on the practice squad.

He won't last if he's put on the Practice Squad. He'll be claimed almost before the proverbial ink is dry! MIAMI either keeps him on the roster or loses him.

I would groom AJ to replace Soliai if he ever starts to run out of steam. Remember, it took Paul like 5 seasons to develop.

need to find a way to stash Francis or Randall on IR this year. If Miami puts either on the practice squad they will be snatched up and can the team really afford to keep five or six DTs (Starks, Soliai, Odrick, Martin, Francis and Randall).

You can't tell going up against 3's...but he has definitely earned a chance to go against 2's...

Back
Top Bottom