DT Antajj Hawthorne Bandwagon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Antajj Hawthorne Bandwagon

None of you are bothered by how incredibly stupid and irresponsible it is to smoke weed right before you're going to take a drug test at a job interview?

I'll pass on someone that careless...

General Tso said:
None of you are bothered by how incredibly stupid and irresponsible it is to smoke weed right before you're going to take a drug test at a job interview?

I don't expect my team's NT to be a genius.

General Tso said:

I'll pass on someone that careless...

Like I said I'm concerned but heck Seattle picked up a guy who used steriods in the first. Were talking 4th round pick here and potential Tim Bowens replacement. I'm willing to take him on and have Saban bust his nose into place. Plus hanging out with solid citizens like Kevin Carter, J.T. and Zack can help keep him straight.

Go WR or S or trade it for some extra 4ths/5ths.

I want more picks- I want more Saban magic!

Blitz said:
I don't expect my team's NT to be a genius.

It's the carelessness and irresponsibility that bother me. The guy obviously doesn't really care about his football career to do that right before the drug tests. I'd prefer to not have another player that doesn't care much for football leave the team to live in a tent and smoke dope.

VanDolPhan said:
Like I said I'm concerned but heck Seattle picked up a guy who used steriods in the first. Were talking 4th round pick here and potential Tim Bowens replacement. I'm willing to take him on and have Saban bust his nose into place. Plus hanging out with solid citizens like Kevin Carter, J.T. and Zack can help keep him straight.

Ya, because Zach and JT did such a great job keeping RW straight. If the guy is a careless moron that doesn't value his football career then there's not much Zach or JT will do to change that.

General Tso said:
Ya, because Zach and JT did such a great job keeping RW straight. If the guy is a careless moron that doesn't value his football career then there's not much Zach or JT will do to change that.

/me rolls his eyes

Ricky Williams was a fluke. Are you really going to sit there and compare the 2 because of the pot connection. Give me a break. Ricky didn't hang out with anyone from the team cause of that anxiety stuff he had. Ricky had a LOT of mental issues. Not to mention the cliques that form between offensive and defensive players. It wouldn't be hard to have Tim Bowens attitude rub off on him being his understudy. Very lame example.

if he hasn't figured it out yet.....he just lost a ton of money smoking dope before the combine....it'll hit home sooner or later or else he'll be in the nfl drug program or out of the league if he's a serious pothead. for a 4th rounder I say why not.....although I would rather them draft McPherson who's tried to clean up his act since his earlier days and has a lot of potential.

I'd love to see us draft this guy just to make sure we don't waste a pick on AM.

Ok, I have about five players that I would be happy with if we picked one with our first pick tomorrow.

Hawthorne DT. This coul dbe the pick that silences the Wilfork crowd. He is big and was expected by a lot to go in the second round. He would add solid depth and youth along the line with Roth. I am not too worried about the pot test. We wouldn't have as much invested in him as we did in Ricky if something terrible happened like a suspension.

Mathis, WR. Another speedster that I thought would have come off the board earlier. Again, it depends on what type of receiver you are looking for, but this is a guy who can stretch the field vertically.

Browning, S. I am not an Oregon State fan but this guy is good. He would also fill a need.

Shazor, S. Again, fills a need with a talented player

Brown, OL. Adding depth across what was one of our biggest weaknesses last year.

Wilkerson, C. Ok, so I have six guys, sue me

McPherson, QB. Seven but I swear that is it. I truly think that McPherson will end up being the best QB in this draft.

Samphin said:
Ok, I have about five players that I would be happy with if we picked one with our first pick tomorrow.

Hawthorne DT. This coul dbe the pick that silences the Wilfork crowd. He is big and was expected by a lot to go in the second round. He would add solid depth and youth along the line with Roth. I am not too worried about the pot test. We wouldn't have as much invested in him as we did in Ricky if something terrible happened like a suspension.

Mathis, WR. Another speedster that I thought would have come off the board earlier. Again, it depends on what type of receiver you are looking for, but this is a guy who can stretch the field vertically.

Browning, S. I am not an Oregon State fan but this guy is good. He would also fill a need.

Brown, OL. Adding depth across what was one of our biggest weaknesses last year.

McPherson, QB. Seven but I swear that is it. I truly think that McPherson will end up being the best QB in this draft.

I agree with everything but McPherson.

Samphin said:

The highest rated player has to be Hawthorne, but he could easily go in one of the two picks before ours. If he is there, hopefully we take him.
The guy from OSU is Browner not Browning, and he played corner, and would have likely gone by now, since he is so big and was able to lock down the bigger wideouts in college, until he ran like a 4.69 forty at the combine.
One other guy I would look strongly at is Sean Considine who was the FS in the same Iowa defense as Matt Roth. Considine is a very heady, reliable, efficient player who would be very likely able to earn the starting free safety job as a rookie. He has the ability to cover the slot receiver and he has a 43" vertical...and they say white men can't jump. :)
Saban may also want to get his LSU guy right away in Travis Daniels. He missed out on Corey Webster who was a favorite of his, and Daniels could play either free safety or corner.

Back
Top Bottom