DT falls to 16...Do we scoop him up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT falls to 16...Do we scoop him up?

ShermanMerman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

If Haloti Ngata (sp?) fell to number 16 and i was Saban i would scoop him up so quick that samoan wouldnt know what hit him. I honestly believe that he will come in and start immediately and fix our NT position in the 3-4 for many many years (Goodbye Traylor after this year). Do yall agree or think this is homerism cause of my minimal posts. I would rather draft Michael Huff or AJ Hawk but none of them will fall out of the top 10 and if i were to go defense i would love to get the Somoan but i done see him falling this far anyway. I would love for us to get either WR CJ or SH but i dont see them being on the board with Philly and Denver in front of us. An option i would prefer would be to trade down to another team in the late 20's and draft lawson and have him under Taylors wing but he would be an incredible reach at number 16. Yall thoughts?

if ngata is there, man i think you take him. at the very least use him as trade bait. im sure someone would want to move and get him. if we dont get an offer, i think you take him.

if he happens to fall it's a great pick.. the only thing for me is why would he fall to 16? i think he is a top 10 pick...

He won't be there.

Yes Saban would take him if he was.

ShermanMerman said:
If Haloti Ngata (sp?) fell to number 16 and i was Saban i would scoop him up so quick that samoan wouldnt know what hit him. I honestly believe that he will come in and start immediately and fix our NT position in the 3-4 for many many years (Goodbye Traylor after this year). Do yall agree or think this is homerism cause of my minimal posts. I would rather draft Michael Huff or AJ Hawk but none of them will fall out of the top 10 and if i were to go defense i would love to get the Somoan but i done see him falling this far anyway. I would love for us to get either WR CJ or SH but i dont see them being on the board with Philly and Denver in front of us. An option i would prefer would be to trade down to another team in the late 20's and draft lawson and have him under Taylors wing but he would be an incredible reach at number 16. Yall thoughts?

not to get tooo picky but he is Polynesian not Samoan...but yeah I would be all over Ngata. If he did slide it would probably mean someone thought more of Bunkley than Ngata.....someone may make that evaluation. As for falling or being there at 16....I can see Tye Hill, Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, Jimmy Williams, LenDale White, and possibly (longshot) Huff, Ngata, or Bunkley. Depending on who it is, the question becomes do you want that guy at 16 or value the extra picks. Personally I see guys like Carpenter, Simpson, Greenway, Moss, Scott, McNeil, Mangold all available in the late 1 early 2 area that getting two of may be more value than 1 pick at 16....of course the other issue is you have to have a trade partner....it will be interesting for sure...

HEckya, I'd take him. Same thing for Bunkley, Cutler, Leinart, or D'Brick.

If it were down to WR id take Holmes than jackson and i feel Moss is to early at 16

gunnakillbrady said:
Well cutler Leinart and D'Brick will DEFFINETLY be gone at 16 buddy keep wishn

My entire list should be gone, if not Winston Justice at 16. I'm favor of trading down.

Trading down is a good idea this draft is not loaded with superb talent but it does have alot of depth there'll be plenty of quality kids in the 3rd, 4th, and even 5th rounds

motioncityhifi said:
if ngata is there, man i think you take him. at the very least use him as trade bait. im sure someone would want to move and get him. if we dont get an offer, i think you take him.

:yeahthat:

motioncityhifi said:

I've wanted him since I started thinking about the draft. Never said anything because I figured he would never drop to 16 for us. He's a monster!

I jsut hope the Jills dont get him (Ngata) and im praying for the Mets to take Cutler or Young (PLEASE waste your #4 pick) Only thing that worries me is NE selecting Lendale White with there pick. Ok it doesnt worry me...but theyll be so much better with that inside power game and pretty boy brady doing his dink and dunk offense.

Back
Top Bottom