DT Keith Traylor released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Keith Traylor released

Traylor at 35 is NOT an "athletic" player. He's simply a big body to plug in the Nose Tackle position in a 3-4

He is 35, and he isant in his prime.....but this guy is one of the best DT's of the decade. I think we should sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal. He wont ask for much money, he cant...hes 35.

But for one or two years, and until we can find some decent DT's...( I love Bownens and Chester but...ehhh) I think he would be better than either.

He can still plant his fat behind in the middle, stuff the run, and allow Zack and the boys to run free. Sign him!

this team absolutely needs to draft a DT with potential next year. when was the last time we drafted a franchise type DT?? gardner?

Cheapshotz said:
One year deal wouldn't be bad. That gives Vickerson a year to develop and we can draft a day 1 DT in the draft next year.

ahhh :wink: grasshopper... next yr is the year of OT's!!!

Slappa said:
ahhh :wink: grasshopper... next yr is the year of OT's!!!

lets hope some guys pull a travis johnson. go under the radar for their 1st 3 seasons and blow up in their senior year. we need a stud DT to be drafted next year

MelbournePhin said:
lets hope some guys pull a travis johnson. go under the radar for their 1st 3 seasons and blow up in their senior year. we need a stud DT to be drafted next year

Agreed..

Ya know. Who would have ever guessed that after the season before last, that the middle of the D line would be such a concern now? Concindering T Bo
and Chester both on the roster.

But with that said. I still hope that Saban can draft a stud LT next yr without reaching in the first round. If not you guy's may just get you stud DT next yr.
One thing i think everyone can agree on is that Saban will take the best value regardless of need in his drafts. I just hope (pray) its a OT!

MelbournePhin said:
As long as you dont draft that DT in the first round I say go for it. If you look at the past few years DT's taken in the first round have done a whole lot of NOTHING. Its just not worth it.

We Should Sign Him To A ONE Year Contract And Next Year Get A Good Dt In The Draft.man I Have Been A Timbo Fan For A Long Time And I Love Him Cause He Gives It His All Every Snap.maybe Just Maybe Saban Can Get Him In Shape So Those Kness Hold Up Cause A Healthy Timbo Is Always Good And Really Unless He Looses Weight He Just Won't Hold Up. :cry:

This is exactly the kind of guy we need to plug the hole for a year. Too bad we cant waive a SB ring potential at him.

I'm sure Saban will look closely at how he played last year, and if he sees something there that he believes will add to our depth for a year or two, then he will make an offer. Traylor sure seemed to do ok when we played them last year.

As for drafting a stud OLT in the first next year, none of know yet how welll Alabi will develop. He could show enough as a rookie, to convince the coaches that we can look for help at other positions next year. He is very strong, and athletic as tackles go, so if his technique gets to the same level, we will be fine at OLT.

MrClean said:
I'm sure Saban will look closely at how he played last year, and if he sees something there that he believes will add to our depth for a year or two, then he will make an offer. Traylor sure seemed to do ok when we played them last year.

As for drafting a stud OLT in the first next year, none of know yet how welll Alabi will develop. He could show enough as a rookie, to convince the coaches that we can look for help at other positions next year. He is very strong, and athletic as tackles go, so if his technique gets to the same level, we will be fine at OLT.

alabi needs to bulk up. it would be great to see him develop in a nice LT

im not a canes fan at all, i despise them being a nole but man do i love wilfork!!!!!!!!!!!!! hes an awesome guy and great player....

keith did his job last year but he was a rental player for the pats, like ted washington was....

Spray Mucus said:
The sad thing is you know that Tim-Bo really wants to play... the guy has fire in his belly...

I remember reading an article like 3 years ago... where a reporter asked various players... "If you where in a bar fight and you could only have 1 guy at your side who would it be"... EVERYBODY said "Tim-Bo! without a doubt..." I also remember one of the players saying something to the effect that he wouldn't even want to be close to Tim-Bo even if he was on his side becuz Timmy could get carried away and hurt him too...

Made me think of Timmy in a new light... the guy is a total animal on the field.

Must have a lot of fire! :D He's a real question mark, and Traylor is a big man. I just remember that interception he had a few years ago with Da Bears, him stumbling down the field as fast as he could!
:roflmao:

i think he can only help the younger players and during the game he can come in and give breaks to other players

Back
Top Bottom