Duante is a bad fit in Martz's system | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duante is a bad fit in Martz's system

He's not a bad fit in the least bit, if he comes back healthy.

We'd need to work pretty hard on finding a better LT, though.

He's an excellent fit, in fact, because of his accuracy in the 10-20 yard range. If his knee is healthy, he can also buy some of the time that Martz requires.

He's an excellent fit, in fact, because of his accuracy in the 10-20 yard range. If his knee is healthy, he can also buy some of the time that Martz requires.
so he is accurate at every level? i dont remember how he is with deep outs and such. i know he throws the most beautiful swing pass ive ever seen :D

Who is "Duante" and what does that guy have to do with the Dolphins?

If you're going to talk about the Dolphins QB, it would be helpful if you learned to spell his name - "Daunte"

That said, Culpepper was a very good downfield thrower with the Vikings and I don't think Martz' system would hurt him. And, as with all QB's, you make downfield throws only when you can adequately protect a QB - that mean's extra protection

Sorry for mispelling Daunte's name. Also, in Martz's system he never adequately protects a QB.

first off we can't base our decision on Culpepper, he isn't the future. secondly, Culpepper would fit Martz system very well. and more importantly Ronnie would excel under Martz.

We have to base our decision on Culpepper because he is # 1 on our depth chart for 2007. I do agree thought that Ronnie would be good in Martz's system. But i also think Ronnie would be good in Brian Schottenheimer's system too.

If Culpepper wants to be known as a NFL starter, he'll make himself a good fit for whatever system is installed no matter how hard he has to work his *** off to do it. If he doesn't, he will be benched and/or cut.

i don't want martz and i hope were not getting

Who is "Duante" and what does that guy have to do with the Dolphins?

If you're going to talk about the Dolphins QB, it would be helpful if you learned to spell his name - "Daunte"

That said, Culpepper was a very good downfield thrower with the Vikings and I don't think Martz' system would hurt him. And, as with all QB's, you make downfield throws only when you can adequately protect a QB - that mean's extra protection

Sorry for mispelling Daunte's name. Also, in Martz's system he never adequately protects a QB.

He doesn't adeqately protect the qb because he has an attacking type of passing offense. He uses all eligible receivers in the passing game to attack the three levels of the defense. He will at times keep a running back in for blitz pickups.

If you want a coach with health problems who runs an offense that will look terrible with an offensive line featuring questionable talent, Martz is your guy. He'd likely fix that line and get the offense looking really pretty, but he'd then make terrible tactical mistakes involving time outs and basic strategy that would take the team out at the worst possible time.

I'm not buying.

Back
Top Bottom