Duce Staley to Steelers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duce Staley to Steelers

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
This means they more than likely will not go with RB in first round. Phillip Rivers is at the top of their list. Phillip Rivers is a done deal to not get to the #20 spot.

Rivers and Staley will greatly improve that offense. They will soon become a team to be reckoned with again.

Staley's OK, but he isn't a top tier RB. He'll probably be in RB by committee again with Bettis and Zeroae (sp). I don't think this alone makes them that much better.

Originally posted by phinman1
Staley's OK, but he isn't a top tier RB. He'll probably be in RB by committee again with Bettis and Zeroae (sp). I don't think this alone makes them that much better.

Missed the point. It means their going Rivers in the first :(

you're right, he isnt all that special, but him along with Amos and Bettis that would be a pretty good committee.

and im glad that they got Staley(did they actually get him or is this just speculation?) because now the Rivers bandwagons can die :evil:

Originally posted by Graythreat

Missed the point. It means their going Rivers in the first :(

Maybe. But when are we gonna accept that RIVERS ISN'T COMING HERE!!

I like the steelers.. They are not gonna be a contender next year, but this should help them a little bit.. We'll still beat them because they don't have a good enough O, but maybe they can beat the Jets and Pats for us next season.

Have seen several mock drafts lately with Roethlisberger (sp?) going to the Browns. With the Browns picking up Garcia, does Roethlisberger last until Pittsburgh's pick at #11?

not necessarily...Garcia is getting up there in age and is defintely not 100% healthy. Garcia is a quick fix for thier offence and They'll take Ben if he's there when they pick

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
This means they more than likely will not go with RB in first round. Phillip Rivers is at the top of their list. Phillip Rivers is a done deal to not get to the #20 spot.
Not to pounce on your post, but sorry, no he's not. After seeing all the speculation of Rivers being drafted by the Steelers posted on these boards, I have kept an active ear open to the local sports media. I have yet to even HEAR Rivers' name mentioned ANYWHERE. For the record, I have heard that they are pretty high on Rothelsberger, but that's it at QB.(Manning excluded) Most of the scuttlebut I've heard is Roth if he's available, after that it's Oline and DBs. Not that Miami will be taking a QB@ #20, but Pittsburgh has more pressing than QB and won't be taking Rivers. (sound familiar?)

The Steelers haven't drafted a QB in the first round in 23 years.

They have a former 1st round QB as there starter right now. And they have a young developmental QB in St. Pierre.

One of there greatest needs is at cornerback. They seemed to be recommitting themselves to the running game.

I doubt they will go QB unless Big Ben falls in there lap.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

:woot:

Back
Top Bottom