Duce Staley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duce Staley

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
KFFL reports that Duce Staley will probably end his hold-out with the Eagles this week, but will most likely be traded to another team. Do you think that we should pick him up to add some depth to RB? Staley is an amazing recieving RB. Everyone says that if Ricky is injured, our team is done... so why not give Staley a shot?

Is it feasible to aquire him?

Can Minor/Edwards carry our offense if Ricky goes down, though?

Originally posted by Gonk
Can Minor/Edwards carry our offense if Ricky goes down, though?

I don't know, but Duce is not going to come here and be Ricky's backup. He definitley wants to be somewhere where he's a starter.

Well Duce wasn't as good as he's trying to make himself out to be. Look at his stats for last year. I think that Minor could mirror them quite easily if given the chance. Plus he can keep his disloyal crybaby *** at home for all I care. People like that who are as greedy as he is should spend some time workin a real job so they can realize how easy they have it compared to the rest of us poor joe's.

Originally posted by jasmine34

I don't know, but Duce is not going to come here and be Ricky's backup. He definitley wants to be somewhere where he's a starter.

You think he's going to start somewhere? I seriously doubt it. Philly is expected to trade him sometime next week, so Duce would've missed all of mini-camp, training camp, and most of the preseason with his new team. There is no way he'd be ready with any team (besides the Eagles) to start. The rumored teams that are talking with the Eagles for a possible trade are the Bears (who have A-Train), Lions (who have James Stewart) and the Vikings (who are in the middle of a RB controversy). The only team he could probably start for is the Vikings... and it'd probably be only for one year or until Michael Bennett returns. Pretty much every team in the league has a set RB.

If he is traded, he will not start.

You think he's going to start somewhere? I seriously doubt it. Philly is expected to trade him sometime next week, so Duce would've missed all of mini-camp, training camp, and most of the preseason with his new team. There is no way he'd be ready with any team (besides the Eagles) to start. The rumored teams that are talking with the Eagles for a possible trade are the Bears (who have A-Train), Lions (who have James Stewart) and the Vikings (who are in the middle of a RB controversy). The only team he could probably start for is the Vikings... and it'd probably be only for one year or until Michael Bennett returns. Pretty much every team in the league has a set RB.

I see your point now. If he is traded what happens concerning his salary? Does that team have to take his salary or can they restructure his deal? I think he's supposed to make 2.2 million.

It won't happen because the aquiring team and Staley will have to agree to an extention prior to the deal happening. It's a stipulation.

Vikes are fine with Oterrio Smith IMO. Dallas and Arizona would be two other teams I think might also be interested. New England, Houston, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh also would not be suprising.

Doubt Philly would trade him in the division or to a big NFC rival like Tampa. He'll end up in Chicago/ Detroit by all reports for a 3rd rounder. He's a dumbass w/o any leverage, he shot himself in the foot.
He's a good west coast back, Mooch would love him on the Lions.

We won't get him. No money for him and he isn't coming to a team to play Water Boy for Ricky,

I disagree. Staley is definitely starting material. I think there are several teams whose starters are questionable - New England is one who comes to mind. The Cowboys are another. I would hate for him to get in our division.

I would also note that with a veteran RB, it's not nearly as big a deal to start training camp late. Remember what Emmit Smith did when he held out through two games into the season? RB is probably the easiest to come in late on, if you are a veteran and understand the game already. That's why Ricky not getting a lot of action is not a big deal.

I also don't want to see him traded b/c I have Donovan McNabb on my Fantasy team and I like what Duce does with the Eagles both as a RB and as a receiver. His receiving skills have to be taken into account. His speed makes him a threat at all times. McNabb will suffer somewhat without him.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Doubt Philly would trade him in the division or to a big NFC rival like Tampa. He'll end up in Chicago/ Detroit by all reports for a 3rd rounder. He's a dumbass w/o any leverage, he shot himself in the foot.
He's a good west coast back, Mooch would love him on the Lions.

Allthough the Lions are in good shape at RB, Staley would fit soooo well into Mooch's conservative WC scheeme that I could really see him making the move... Detroit would suddenly go from "not quite a laughingstock anymore" to "this team could be dangerous" in a heartbeat.

Watch NE get him..

Just to make this division that much more ****in tougher.

You people like talking out of your ***. Staley is definately a starter not a back up. He is a great receiving back and one of the best in the nfl at receiving from the backfield. He can run the ball well and Eagles wouldn't be the same offensively, specially that he is involved in most plays in their system. He bails mc nabb out when mc nabb needs to dump the ball so I think he should deserve to get an extension. He isn't arguing about money but he wants to retire with the eagles and wants to get an extension to his contract. It's not about the money but its about commitment.

Back
Top Bottom