Duce Staley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duce Staley

I think that there is another aspect of this situation that might involve the Dolphins. Philly will be looking for a solid veteran back-up RB for Correll Buckhalter. In fact, reports have stated that they will trade for one before they complete a Staley trade, ensuring they are not without a solid back-up. I think that we might look to trade Robert Edwards to the Eagles. He would supply what they are looking for, plus he is expendable to us. They won't want to wait to see if he gets released because they'll want him in camp pronto. Also, the Dolphins could save some face by trading Edwards instead of releasing him...he was one of the feel-good stories of last year.

Travis Minor is better or at least equal too Duce Staley IMO. We don't need to spend wasted $$ on him.

I think some are giving Duce a little too much credit here. No we don't need him, he's not worth the money he's asking and he reminds me of a player we already have who's been giving us a hard time since the middle of last season! Overrated wanting more then he's worth.
NO THANKS!!!!!

Originally posted by InMyChambers
we are fine at RB, no need to lock up 2.2 mil in a winey bitch who will ride the pine like a champ.

I totally agree in a way, BUT, the way the Eagles treat thier Vets, I agree with him. :drinkers:

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Doubt Philly would trade him in the division or to a big NFC rival like Tampa. He'll end up in Chicago/ Detroit by all reports for a 3rd rounder. He's a dumbass w/o any leverage, he shot himself in the foot.
He's a good west coast back, Mooch would love him on the Lions.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Allthough the Lions are in good shape at RB, Staley would fit soooo well into Mooch's conservative WC scheeme that I could really see him making the move... Detroit would suddenly go from "not quite a laughingstock anymore" to "this team could be dangerous" in a heartbeat.

I agree, Staley would be a good fit in Detroit or Chicago, more likely Detroit, and it would help a young Harrington to have a RB that has the recieving skills of Staley.

As far as the Lions being in good shape at RB, they are "ok" but Stewart is only there because they can't find a really good WC RB. Detroit was looking to trade him the last two years. They just signed Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson so I don't know what their cap room is, but if they can fit him in it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him wearing a Lions uniform.

This is a fantasy football question concerning Duce Staley.. In my email draft right now, If I were to draft Staley, and he becomes a Viking.. Will I get all the points that Staley produces while playing with Vikings?? Anybody know?? I've been wondering this since Staley is still on the board in my league and I need a solid backup RB.. My thoughts are all concerned with Staley being drafted when he's on the Philly's and if he'll be an ineligible player when traded.. If anyone has any knowledge to this.. Let me know... Thanks

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
This is a fantasy football question concerning Duce Staley.. In my email draft right now, If I were to draft Staley, and he becomes a Viking.. Will I get all the points that Staley produces while playing with Vikings?? Anybody know?? I've been wondering this since Staley is still on the board in my league and I need a solid backup RB.. My thoughts are all concerned with Staley being drafted when he's on the Philly's and if he'll be an ineligible player when traded.. If anyone has any knowledge to this.. Let me know... Thanks

Whatever Staley does in the league next year, you'll get points for. If I were you, I wouldn't pick him until he is out of the hold-out with the Eagles or safely on another team... he might not even have a job this year.

Back
Top Bottom