Durval Queirox Neto | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Durval Queirox Neto

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
He is still on the roster and spent the entire year to learn the game and get stronger. Does he have any chance of making the team? How long does he need to develop? (Haven't heard much from the team regarding Neto).

If we are running a 3/4 alignment he best fits the requirements of a Nose Tackle along with Benito Jones , (6'2 330) Its why I don't really like a 3/4 defense because your Linemen and Linebackers have to fit a very specific physical dimensions thus making it harder to find players for that scheme.

Genuinely never heard of him. But I suppose if they have a great preseason anyone has a chance to make the roster

very large man with big muscles and thick bones!

really hard to become an NFL level player from scratch

but he's got physicality on his side...

Always happy to see development or progress for any player. Can't substitute that kind of experience he's picked up this year. With that being said he has a long way to go to making this roster. Wonder if there would be an exemption for him and if so did we already light that candle? Either way practice squad could be an option for the guy pending a good TC and Pre-Season.

thought he was gone but we resigned him earlier this month. i just wonder if he gets another year of practice squad exemption. i dont know how this system works. i would almost say if you find a stud and you can keep him in the system for 3 years to build him up, that would be better than rotating in and out every year.

I'm Pulling for Keaton Sutherland and Neto as the longshot Lineman to make the team.. Both are Massive, Young, and strong which I want our linemen to be.

Keaton Sutherland is 23 years old , 6-5 315 and 26 bench Reps, 36 inch vertical which tells me the Core strength is there, Offers Versatility and will play guard too definitly a guy to keep around even if he doesn't make the 53 he would be a really solid practice squad guy.

Neto is a guy I'd keep around because he is about the only player we can get to play the zero or one technique imo and he is an Athletic Beast who basically has been coached from the ground floor. Guess we will see if our coaches can harness his talent but it unquestionably is there.

I'd hope in light of the pandemic that the NFL gives these international players another year to learn the game at the top level. It's not like any of them are going to set the world on fire in 2020, but a couple of them might develop enough to play in the league.

I thought I heard they were going to try him at OG last year. I guess they moved him back to DT/NT. Seems like a good guy hopefully he develops and finds a spot on the team.

We received a roster exemption for him because he is an international player. We can keep him around without him counting toward the active roster or practice squad caps. He'll be around unless we find a better fit among international players.

Back
Top Bottom