DVP Chance to Play | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP Chance to Play

2 very differebt Tweets in terms of 'tone'.
One is like 'all systems go' and the other is a wet blanket.
Sadly, the second one is more truthful.

Keep him healthy for when Tua starts. You want as many weapons as possible for your rookie QB coming in.

Hammys are a biatch. It's the type of thing that can linger for extended periods.

It might be better to let him sit this week, in the context of the "big picture".

If he re injuries it could be a month- but if he and the doc's think he is ok to go... unless Flo overrides and shuts him down.

Wont improve our chances of winning unless he can stop the run.

The tape observations says differently. A completely different offense when Parker was in the game vs. when he wasn't out of the game vs. NE. I'm not saying we would have won. But i am saying he improves our odds tremendously.

Obviously stopping the run helps. But so is being able to move the ball on offense.

If he re injuries it could be a month- but if he and the doc's think he is ok to go... unless Flo overrides and shuts him down.
Most players are going to have the "put me in coach" attitude, but yes, it is ultimately Flo's call.

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I'm not sure how definitive they can be in assessing a hamstring. They can do range of motion tests, and that type of thing, but it's far from conclusive.

I've seen players put it behind them quickly, and other guys never got back until the following season.

DeVante Parker WR, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins WR DeVante Parker (hamstring) is questionable to play Week 2 against the Bills.

After aggravating his hamstring injury last week against the Patriots, Parker has bee limited in practice all week. Head coach Brian Flores said Parker would be a game time decision against Buffalo. Parker played a meager 37 percent of Miami's Week 1 offensive snaps, so starting him this week comes with clear downside. Preston Williams should see a target bump if Parker doesn't go.

Related:

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter

Sep 18, 2020, 2:01 PM ET

If he can play thru it without reinjuring it against Buffalo and Jax then he will have 10 days to rest. The guy is our most important offensive player. The OL seems to be better at pass blocking than run blocking. Without Parker our offense doesn't stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom