Easy or Hard Schedule? You decide...

Pericles349

Active Roster
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
So I've already read and heard a few conflicting stories on our schedule. The Sun-Sentinel says that the schedule favors us because of the lack of road games in December and the 1pm kickoff times in all of the home games. However, other reports are using the strength of schedule to say that the we have one of the toughest in the league (if not the toughest). What do you think??

-My opinion is that because teams change so much every season we shouldn't worry too much about other teams. If we play good, we should be able to beat any team (see last season't MNF against the Pats). Heat definately plays a role for teams who are used to 20 degree weather in December and then have t o play in 70 or 80 degree weather. I like our schedule (except for the lack of prime time games!! :fire: )
 

L.T.21

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
0
In my eyes, that is one wicked hard schedule. I was surprised how so many people thought it was a good schedule...I just find it hard.
 

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,978
Reaction score
6
Age
47
Location
Casselberry, Fl
It's easy. It's only hard because of the records of the teams we've always played. It's not like anyone else's schedule. Our division has always been tough, it only looks worse this year because we sucked last year.
 

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Miami - Kendall
I posted this on another thread....

If you look at last years's standings, the AFC East is the ONLY division in which 3 of its teams had winning records. And we have to play them 6 times. The rest of our schedule consists of (based on last years standings) 3 teams with winning records (Chargers, Falcons, Broncos) and 6 with losing records (Carolina, Tampa, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Titans). New Orleans was 8-8. Not a world beater by any means. So lets stop our whinning about this "Hardest schedule" crap.

Let's just split within our division and we shoudl have a decent year.
 

Pericles349

Active Roster
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
bigmiamifan said:
It's easy. It's only hard because of the records of the teams we've always played. It's not like anyone else's schedule. Our division has always been tough, it only looks worse this year because we sucked last year.
Good point. Right now any team looks like they could kick our a$$. However, I'ld like to think that after we play Denver and beat them, we'll all feel much more comfortable about the schedule...
 

Pericles349

Active Roster
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
dolfan4good said:
I posted this on another thread....

If you look at last years's standings, the AFC East is the ONLY division in which 3 of its teams had winning records. And we have to play them 6 times. The rest of our schedule consists of (based on last years standings) 3 teams with winning records (Chargers, Falcons, Broncos) and 6 with losing records (Carolina, Tampa, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Titans). New Orleans was 8-8. Not a world beater by any means. So lets stop our whinning about this "Hardest schedule" crap.

Let's just split within our division and we shoudl have a decent year.
I really don't believe we'll split our division (assuming we have a good team... I know... big assumption). I think that we can take the Jets at home and on the road, same with the Bills... I think we will lose to the Pats in Foxboro and might even lose to them at home...
 

DiepatriotsDie

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
854
Reaction score
15
Location
LA
As we know, our schedule is considered the toughest because of all of our opponents's win totals from last year. Sometimes schedules turn out much better, as many of those teams have trouble replicating their previous success. What bothers me about our schedule, is that I believe almost every one of the teams we are playing, will either be just as successful, if not more this season. I think it's a mighty tough schedule. The lack of cold games might be good, but that's a real cold one there at the end.
 

Tommatt

Scout Team
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
393
Reaction score
0
Our division will continue to be the toughest in football (Although the AFC west is competing with us for that reputation) and the AFC will remain the tougher conference for a few years. This alone hurts us.
 

Orange FinFan

Starter
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
451
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Phoenix
I personally like the schedule, with the exception of the last game vs. NE in foxboro. and of course the lack of primetime games. But whoknows that last game might a great game Saban Vs. Bill, winner takes divison. :D
 

byroan

Hammered
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
18,554
Reaction score
0
I don't think it's a hard schedule, I'm looking forward to the season. The only thing I don't like about our schedule is the early bye week. Everything else I'm ok with.
 

nick1

I am Groot
Moderator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
26,353
Reaction score
6,316
Location
FL
it's easier then alot of people think, if you look at the teams you will see how hard it actually is... the Pats will be starting their downfall after losing their coordinators along with Ty Law, their WRs and possibily Teddy Brushi, the Jets will be weaker if Fiedlier is at the Helm, the Bills lost a couple of key players and have a young QB with no experience starting, the Browns don't really have any thing good to pose a threat, the Saints have a QB who is bad more often then not, and the Titans will have a huge dropoff after losing Kevin Carter, Derrick Mason, Samari Rolle, Andre Dyson and Fred Miller.

I don't view it as that hard of a schedule although there are some hard games, nobody can tell till the teams have their final rosters or at least until after the draft
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,492
Reaction score
43
Age
53
Location
Belgium
I like the fact that almost all the games are 1 PM EST.....here in Colorado I can get to the bar at 11 AM., start things off with a bloody mary...then I have the rest of the afternoon to do my thing....and be back to watch the ESPN Sunday Night game. It's hard staying up on some of the Monday Night games...I also think we won't have to deal with the pressure of MNF...so I think it is a big plus.
 

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
19,551
Reaction score
0
Location
indian river country
what is there to complain about here ? If we can whip any other team in our division then we need not fear anyone else and if we get good enough to start winning within our own division we will be playing good football. I wonder how would the other division teams schedules be ranked if they didn't have to play the 4-12 Fins twice... hmmm. I believe they will be gettin' more than they want real soon. :evil:
 

Kucha

Pro Bowler
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Pericles349 said:
So I've already read and heard a few conflicting stories on our schedule. The Sun-Sentinel says that the schedule favors us because of the lack of road games in December and the 1pm kickoff times in all of the home games. However, other reports are using the strength of schedule to say that the we have one of the toughest in the league (if not the toughest). What do you think??

-My opinion is that because teams change so much every season we shouldn't worry too much about other teams. If we play good, we should be able to beat any team (see last season't MNF against the Pats). Heat definately plays a role for teams who are used to 20 degree weather in December and then have t o play in 70 or 80 degree weather. I like our schedule (except for the lack of prime time games!! :fire: )
I agree with you that in today's NFL, bad teams can become good overnight and good teams can play stinky in an instant. Look at what happened to us....but I still figure that our schedule is real tough because of the division in which we play.
 
Top Bottom