Eddie Moore "Winner" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore "Winner"

Pirate4213

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am an assisstant coach for the South Pittsburg Pirates in South Pittsburg TN. Eddie played here '96-'99. I know some Dolphin fans were maybe disappointed that a more popular name wasn't selected in the draft. I can say from experience that Eddie will not let you down. If I have ever seen a true winner it is Eddie. He's been through alot just to get to this point. Around his junior year, his attitude did a 360. He developed a work ethic like I've never seen a player have before. He's a fast learner and a fierce competitor. If anyone would like to see some of his tapes from high school just let me know and I'll see what I can do. He played tailback for us and was a Ronnie Lott style player on defense. He would absolutely run over you as a runner, but he also had the ability to run around you. I remember a stiff arm he gave to a boy one time and I absolutely thought it broke the boy's neck. Again, in time you'll see that whoever decided to pick Eddie 49th knew alot more about him than the media. Eddie's not one to boast of himself, he just wants to play football and help his mother. Kelly Washington would say, "I'm the best receiver in this world, the Dolphins should select me and me only." Eddie would say, "I appreciate the Dolphins for giving me the opportunity to play in the NFL. I assure you I will give 110% on that football field." My prediction is that Eddie will contribute early in his career. How early? It depends on how fast he can learn the terminology. By the way, Eddie's a fast learner too! The Dophins just gained some serious fans up here in South Pittsburg, Tennessee. Can't wait to see them destroy the Titans!

Thanks coach! Every bit of info that we can get on new players is greatly appreciated! Welcome to the boards.

Good to hear.

Susposedly the line out of camp is that Moore is competing with Moron "Not a typo" Greenwood for that second starter job. Last I heard was that Moore had better instincts, but was more raw.

Good to hear coach. So you think he can beat out Greenwood? If so how soon? Who is he closest in style to in the OLBs that play in the NFL right?

We'll see if his success and tenacity will be displayed on the grand stand of the NFL

Ive been able to watch alot of his Tenn games as of late, (Sunshine and CSS) and I gotta say, the more I see him play, the more I am impressed with him.. I asked a diehard Tenn fan about him, and he replied "He was definately the heart of our defense" He was all over the place in the games I watched..

Thanks for the first hand insight and welcome aboard, Pirate.

I saw him on ESPN Classic the other day in the game against the Gators. He was all over the place. And the announcers noted that he was having a great game.

I think that we were all in shock at first when we took him. After everything we've read, seen and heard I think most of us are ok with the pic now. After learning everything, the pic makes sense now.

Ozzy rules!!!

Re: Eddie Moore "Winner"

Originally posted by Pirate4213
I am an assisstant coach for the South Pittsburg Pirates in South Pittsburg TN. Eddie played here '96-'99. I know some Dolphin fans were maybe disappointed that a more popular name wasn't selected in the draft. I can say from experience that Eddie will not let you down. If I have ever seen a true winner it is Eddie. He's been through alot just to get to this point. Around his junior year, his attitude did a 360. He developed a work ethic like I've never seen a player have before. He's a fast learner and a fierce competitor. If anyone would like to see some of his tapes from high school just let me know and I'll see what I can do. He played tailback for us and was a Ronnie Lott style player on defense. He would absolutely run over you as a runner, but he also had the ability to run around you. I remember a stiff arm he gave to a boy one time and I absolutely thought it broke the boy's neck. Again, in time you'll see that whoever decided to pick Eddie 49th knew alot more about him than the media. Eddie's not one to boast of himself, he just wants to play football and help his mother. Kelly Washington would say, "I'm the best receiver in this world, the Dolphins should select me and me only." Eddie would say, "I appreciate the Dolphins for giving me the opportunity to play in the NFL. I assure you I will give 110% on that football field." My prediction is that Eddie will contribute early in his career. How early? It depends on how fast he can learn the terminology. By the way, Eddie's a fast learner too! The Dophins just gained some serious fans up here in South Pittsburg, Tennessee. Can't wait to see them destroy the Titans!

Coach,

I also am a HS Football Coach and I really appreciate you sharing this post. Thanks.

I am and have been very excited about seeing Eddie play.

The more I read and here, thanks to the coach, I really think we got a player that will fit our sceme and really suprise the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom