Eddie Moore "Winner" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore "Winner"

Yeah this kid will be our future LB along with hopefully Morlon Greenwood (if he proves he is good). I liked the pick since day one....not because I knew he was good or anything. But because I trusted Wanny-Spiel.

Thanks Pirate, the more I learn the better I feel about him, the kids looked good in mini camp, from what I've read and heard and should be a nice addition to our team..I look forward to seeing him play in preseason..btw, welcome to the board, that's a way of making a great impact on your first post..

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Good to hear.

Susposedly the line out of camp is that Moore is competing with Moron "Not a typo" Greenwood for that second starter job. Last I heard was that Moore had better instincts, but was more raw.

that was a bit uncalled for.:rolleyes:

once again, my friend on draft day who watches alot of college ball jumped for joy as soon as he heard his name called. i was like, who the hell is "eddie moore". his reply? "you will not be dissapointed with eddie moore, people dont even know anything about this guy" he said he watched the florida tennesee game and all he heard was his name all day.:lol:

just kidding.. i am pirate..

@ tatonka

hey man i think it´s time to apologize to you after your last statements in this board i didn´t like so much. i went over to the bill zone board and found out, that youre opinion on the fins is not talking smack, but your analysis i read over there sound very fair, so never mind and keep up the good work over there

:drinkers:

and btw you could still come on board and be part of it....

:bandwagon:

I think Eddie Moore will be a huge suprise for all us fans. Everything everyone says has been great. I think he'll be with us a long time and do great. I hope so anyway. We need another stud at one of the other LB spots. Seau's age scares me. I think Eddie will be a good pick up.

I was more surprised at the position than the player taken, I watch alot of college ball but have tunnel vision when it comes to the Wolverines and the Big Ten.
I read some pre draft stuff on Moore and he sounded like a potential future starter but like others at the time I thought it was a reach and felt other positions could have been addressed. But I realize I don't spend 80 hour a weeks scouting college talent, but after hearing from people that knew more about Moore and how well he's been doing I'll take my usual wait and see position.
Hopefully he works out for us.

I appreciate the responses you guys had about Eddie. I just wish you guys knew the whole story behind Eddie and all he's been through. You wouldn't believe how much he's improved in his football skills. Around his junior year in high school, he began spending extra hours in the weight room. It's funny to me to just see him playing defense. You wouldn't believe the runner he was on offense. Tennessee is famous for recruiting good running backs and turning them into linebackers. By the way, I'm a BAMA fan though. Thanks for letting us have Mike Shula. I hope he's the one that may turn things around at Alabama. Lord knows were in a mess. One more interesting note: Eric Westmoreland, now playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars and once played in front of Eddie at Tennessee, is from the same county as Eddie. Marion County(Jasper) and South Pittsburg(Eddie) have the oldest rivalry in the state of Tennessee. When Eddie was a senior, we beat them 49-0.

Originally posted by Pirate4213
When Eddie was a senior, we beat them 49-0.

Maybe that's why Tenn. turned him into a LB..:lol:

Moore's best games were on fast surfaces, saw him play indoors and he went off he was all over the place. The guy has speed and tremednous instincts. Good to hear he has background on O as tiop notch rb, kind of guy to match Henry in the flats on pass covers move for move.

The SEC had the most pro draft picks this year, Moore will not dissappoint, watch him exlpode form a crouch his first step is tremendous. Fast enough to play weak side Oustide, smart enough to play mlb and call singals and lead givcen time to adjust.

His first step to right side is money from snap- the guy should be money contain lb in the sieve system that doesnt call for much blitzing you run. He has close speed to read a block and close his man under for qb pressure, or drop cover and close the slant window underneath if the d goes full cover under. Guys like this will make your great corners even better.

SOme teams may try and play pass his side quick plays more, but your vets should cover him well in that regard. The guy was a person Mckay had eyes on in Tampa after letting Singleton go.

Tatonka the clown paint serves you well still. Unless Miami or New York get hurt you need to paint frown for playoff chances though.

My only problem I had when we picked Eddie was that we didn't , IMO, get the best value with the pick. Being a Gator fan, I know he can play, but I think we could have gotten him later in the draft. There was more pressing needs at LT that we could have addressed with that pick. Wayne Hunter was available there and would have been a better value.

I live in Ohio and Butch Davis was quoted as saying he would have selected him only couple picks later, and someone already said Buccaneers were also high on him, as were a few other teams
point is, we had no shot at him if we didnt take him when we did
i also thought we would select Hunter or a WR [Tolver seems to be a great find in the 5th instead though]here, but we will just have to wait and see who is better before we can judge the pick
if eddie starts this year sometime, i think that we definitely made the right choice because Morlon is still a quality LB that we still like it would say ALOT if he came in and started on this defense
our defense could definitely use Eddie's pass coverage skills which is a strength of his
kudos to Wanny and Speilman for this offseason and thank you so much for this great team that you have bestowed upon us lol

Back
Top Bottom