Eddie Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

dockennylz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Instead of all this Fiedler BS from the FO how bout updating us on the likes of our coveted 2nd round pick from last year and his progress? If anyone knows anything please let me know.

I had a thought earlier today about Eddie Moore. The more I think about us drafting him with our 2nd rd pick last year, the more I get pissed. This year's LB group is excellent--the first time it's been this good in many years. Eddie Moore would have been WAY down the list had he been in this year's draft. Now, I know the foot injury was freak, but we're essentially getting a rookie LB with Moore, whereas we could had a better choice of players this year.

Oh well, hopefully he works out for us.

so, by your way of judgement, if we had drafted a WR it would have been stupid too, because this years draft is so full of good WR? and yet everyone that complains about the Moore pick would have liked us to get either Tyrone calico or Anquan Boldin. We haven't seen the kid, how in the world can we know if we spoiled a pick, if he gets injured again then i will agree with you, but i haven't seen him take the field, what if...

Originally posted by dockennylz
...how bout updating us on the likes of our coveted 2nd round pick from last year and his progress? If anyone knows anything please let me know.

January 2004

..." Eddie Moore is coming along great after his foot surgery. It was a shame that he went down in the first preseason game because he was having an outstanding training camp..."

RICK SPIELMAN, Dolphin GM

I don't want to be Mr. Negative...but after Yatil Green, I'm worried about Eddie Moore and whether or not he has a future in the NFL. Anytime a rookie gets hurt before he even starts playing it, 1.) Screws w/his confidence...he's never the same mentally & 2.) They usually never fully recover physically.

But we'll see...hopefully he'll be the answer we've been looking for on the outside.

MAYBE WE'LL FINALLY HAVE A LB THAT CAN COVER A TE OR AN RB!

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74

AMEN! That would be sweet for our defense :yes:

You may say you rather have someone else than E Moore w/ our 2 nd round pick last year. But it aint like if we had taken Boldin there was a guarentee he wouldnt have got hurt. E Moore might suk, or he might be great who knows, but he got hurt you cant say bad pick based on injury.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
I don't want to be Mr. Negative...but after Yatil Green, I'm worried about Eddie Moore and whether or not he has a future in the NFL. Anytime a rookie gets hurt before he even starts playing it, 1.) Screws w/his confidence...he's never the same mentally & 2.) They usually never fully recover physically.

But we'll see...hopefully he'll be the answer we've been looking for on the outside.

you will get just that sir eddie moore is outstanding in coverage it is his strength. he is also a pretty good blitzer.he should be a great player for us for years to come.(if the foot holds that is)

Yeah he should definitely be our nickel and dime LB next year. As good as Zach is, he shouldn't be covering RB's and TE's anymore.

(I realize there are two LB's in the nickel)

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Yeah he should definitely be our nickel and dime LB next year. As good as Zach is, he shouldn't be covering RB's and TE's anymore.

(I realize there are two LB's in the nickel)
no he should not as good as he is that is not one of his strengths. so eddie will help tremendously in that area.

I hope he's a 10-time pro bowler. I'm just saying that we really don't need a LB with one of our top picks, unlike the past 2-3 years, and this year's crop is very good.

..." Eddie Moore is coming along great after his foot surgery. It was a shame that he went down in the first preseason game because he was having an outstanding training camp..."

Thats the same thing Jimmy Johnson said about Yatil green.And we all no would happened with Yatil Green.

Yet another draft pick wasted but the FO

There was nothing wrong with using the 2nd rd pick on an OLB. Was it not a need? Yes. Now the only question should be whether Eddie Moore was worthy of the pick. At this point, the jury is still out. Hindsight is 20/20 and many teams passed over Boldin. Also, boldin numbers may have been artificially inflated because the Cards were not a good team and needed to pass a lot.

There was nothing wrong with using the 2nd rd pick on an OLB. Was it not a need? Yes. Now the only question should be whether Eddie Moore was worthy of the pick. At this point, the jury is still out. Hindsight is 20/20 and many teams passed over Boldin. Also, boldin numbers may have been artificially inflated because the Cards were not a good team and needed to pass a lot.

It was WANNY who picked Moore.Spielman wanted to take Boldin.
As far as Boldin #'s being inflated you are so wrong.
First off the Cards had no running game and teams were double teaming Boldin.It just proves how good Boldin is.If you watched some Cards games you would know this.

uhh....i watched some cards games thankyou very much.

Its very obvious that Boldin's receptions/yards were inflated because the Cards were almost ALWAYS in a pass first offense(almost always losing) Marcell Shipp isnt the best back, but over 800 yards in a pass first offense is pretty frickin good.

We've had this Boldin discussion 1000 times, and while i realize you're new, lets just get it out of the way. EVERYONE passed on Boldin. You can't really get butt hurt at wanny for passing if even the Cards passed up on him once as well. Hindsight is 20/20 (common quote on this board) and Boldin would have answered a major question for our team, but theres nothing to do about it. Hopefully Moore will contribute big time, until we know for sure, sit back and please, quit whining

and oh yeah...welcome to the boards :D

Back
Top Bottom