Eddy Moore will likely replace Morlon Greenwood if he does what he did in tennesee. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddy Moore will likely replace Morlon Greenwood if he does what he did in tennesee.

finheavenfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think from a football standpoint and if you guys have watch Moore play in Tennesee, this guy has a lot of football player in him. He seems to have what Morlon Greenwood has been lacking of. I thought he was a great linebacker but shouldn't have been worth picking in the 2nd round by miami but I look back and I see that we needed more intensity as a team in our defense. We need more linebackers that can cover and he seems like a good fit to me. He won't start right away this year but I think if greenwood continous his lackluster play then he will be pushed to the back up roster.

I agree...if the Dolphins play the SEC this year.

Sorry guys. I am not buying into this pick.

He will be a special teamer for at least two years. What a wated pick.

In the mean time our QB will be pulling his tail off the turf with no LT to protect him.

fin-atic, are you willing to eat crow if this pick does pan out? I am skeptcal about this pick myself but I am willing to reserve final judgement on him at least until they play a regular season game. You never seem to have anything positive to say. What are some hings you LIKE about the Dolphins.

If I am wrong about this pick I will grovel at the feet of the chronics and hail your greatness. Even those who worship everything Dolphin, even if it is not good.

Are you all prepared to do the same?

I love the Fins. I have said plenty of positive.

I like lots:

Ricky
Chambers
McMichael
Dixon, Nails and Wade
McKinny over Ruddy
The defense as a whole, but especially our core of Thomas, Taylor, Madison and Surtain.
Love the Seau aquisition (and said so when they made it)
Love Norv Turner

After that you have a tier of medicore to slightly less than good.
They include:

Fiedler
Marion
Freeman
Ogunleye
Jay Williams
Ruddy
Perry
McKnight
Greenwood
Wandstedt

Some of those teeter on poor and are inconsistent. Like:

Fiedler
Greenwood
Freeman
Wandstedt
McKnight

Love the team. Have been a fan for 33 years. I study everything hard and in depth. I played college ball in the SEC.

When I see a bad move it's a bad move. I don't think it is fair to myself or to anyone to sit around and blow sunshine on everything this team does, when it has screwed it up every year. You guys say "trust the front office" and "the coach know what he is doing".

Until I see us get beyond an early playoff blow out, I will not change. I don't care what anyone says. We did not even make the playoffs last year. C'mon guys. We are not there and time is running out on our core. Thomas, Taylor, and Madison may join Marino as great unfulffiled Dolphin promises. For six years or so now we hear the same crap. "Oh this player is the missing piece or this year will be different"

And its the same crap. Have you ever gone to another AFC East site?? We are the laughing stock of the league. Even ESPN and National media note the probable and likely annual collapse of the Dolphins.

I am sick of it.

You guys are in denial because you keep accepting the status quo as being "okay"

If we get Griese, you will see plenty positive from me. I think QB is a huge problem. Even Ricky doesn't believe in Fiedler.

It's time to move on and get over this hump. If we don't do it this year, the hinges will fall off and you will see massive discontent and an uproar unlike we have seen in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by fin-atic

After that you have a tier of medicore to slightly less than good.
They include:

Ogunleye

Whoa!

:eek:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
i absolutely agree with you man

I agree with both of you and it won't surprise me a bit if Moore beats out Greenwood. He's faster, and if he has a knack for making a big play here or there he might jump right in front of Greenwood. Moore's speed could really make him a better fit. Question is can he hold up Physically, mentally, and how long will it take him to master the scheme.

i dont think he'll be bad. i'm just dissappointed with the organization taking a guy in the 2nd that could have been drafted in the 3rd. if you dont think you can get him at your spot in the 3rd, trade down your 2nd and get an extra 5th...do something

fin-atic, I didn't mean to attack you and hope you didn't take it that way. It just seemed to me that recently you have driven a lot of negativity on this board and it sort of had me thinking that you might be one of these, everything is alwa negative guys. As long as you still have some positives its all good with me.

One thing I thought was interesting was that you state you like Dixon, but yet, have no faith at LT, which is is position for now. Anyhoo, other than that have a good one.

I'll tell you guys one thing....If this happens...and Moore pans out to beat Greenwood...I will pick up a plate & stand in line at the crow buffet .....no, he doesnt have to be a Probowler or even a top LB, just as long as he beats out Greenwood and wins the starting Job....that would Justify this pick IMO.

BTW, next time you start a thread with his name, @ least spell it correctly:(.....it makes it easier on us that object to that pick to accept it, and be convinced that at least everybody knows his name.:lol:

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
i dont think he'll be bad. i'm just dissappointed with the organization taking a guy in the 2nd that could have been drafted in the 3rd. if you dont think you can get him at your spot in the 3rd, trade down your 2nd and get an extra 5th...do something

Proving once again that people are saps with the media.

Moore would NOT have been there in the 3rd. Anyone who believes that I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Christ why does everyone want to be lapdogs to the media. Why don't we have Prisco whip it out for you guys to lap it up.

I don't mind you guys saying it's a bad pick but you guys better have a hell of a lot more to say then what the media garbage is filling your head in ..........or don't you guys have your own opinions?

How many times have you heard this offseason that the league was moving to more coverage style linebackers. Well we picked us up a pretty good draft pick LB who excels at coverage. He's a 4 year starter that never missed a game. Hell if this guy had made the combine and his school's scout day Moore might have challenged Pisa since he could have shown off his coverage skills there.

Not only do I think he will beat Morlon but I'll wager that Moore gets in on the nickel package some. Nobody out there is questioning Moore's talent the media is questioning his injuries (which he didn't miss a game with and played through the pain) and his "size".

Also as an OLB Moore was rated on average as the 4th or 5th OLB and was taken as the 3rd after Nick Barnett (expected to go early 2nd but Greenbay took him in the 1st) and Pisa Tinoisamosa (hey he was projected mid third also.....get the picture about following draft projections?).

Maybe we want to follow Chaun Thompson (another 3rd round expected), Antwan Peek and Lance Briggs as the 3 OLB's to follow since with that argument isn't it one of these 3 guys you thought are better then Moore and would have been a better "draft spot" pick to make.

Would you guys have been more comfortable taking Chaun Thompson?

If you want to criticize the Moore pick then please back it up with more then that stupid draft slotting. Pick on his size or his injuries or whatever.......just have it be tangible.

this guys can't catch abreak just like Jay can't catch a break either.Call me a homer but I like this pick more everyday. And no, he would NOT have been there in the 3rd. I think we should give our draft picks a chance to at least play ONE down before we say that they were wasted pikcs.

I am NOT here to argue about where Eddie should or shouldn't have been picked, BUT...

Eddie's one of our guys, and he had absolutely NO control over where he was chosen.

I sure wish the guy had been picked in the 5th, cuz then he'd be an overachieving, gutsy underdog, a steal and a crowd fave.

As it stands, this guy who seems to have so much of the spirit and style and intangibles that this team NEEDS is going to be getting sh*t from some significant sector of the fan base without even having the opportunity to prove himself.

Given the uphill path circumstances have dealt him, I'm gonna be cheering my *ss off for his success.

No matter your feelings about where he was selected, etc, if we all don't take a step back from that quarrel and assess the man in his own right and within the context of the things this man can control, then we're doing our Fins and this teammate a disservice.

The man deserves our support. Period.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I agree...if the Dolphins play the SEC this year.

Sorry guys. I am not buying into this pick.

He will be a special teamer for at least two years. What a wated pick.

In the mean time our QB will be pulling his tail off the turf with no LT to protect him.

Man fin-atic, mini camp just started,, why not give the rookies and newer players some time to adjust and settle in ? How can anyone predict what a rookie is going to do in the course of a season,, unless of course you are talking about a McGahee ..:D Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom