Eddy Moore will likely replace Morlon Greenwood if he does what he did in tennesee. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddy Moore will likely replace Morlon Greenwood if he does what he did in tennesee.

Why shouldn't OLB E. Moore replace OLB M. Greenwood if he's capable????

I think that's the most important question here.....

Being that 2002 was M. Greenwood's first season, and he was our starter at OLB, I have this question.....

Whose to say that OLB E. Moore can't come in and do the same this year????....Or even better???

How much of a drop-off are we actually looking at here if we decide to go with OLB E. Moore????...

IMO not much, if any. Are we that desperate for M. Greenwood to remain the starter at OLB in 2003???.....I don't think so.

I think they should let whoever looks the best during Training Camp be the starter in 2003. M. Greenwood was not a very visible addition last year, so I don't think putting E. Moore out there in place of him is going to hurt us. It could actually help!!!!.....

Adding OLB E. Moore will certainly push M. Greenwood harder than ever, and he {E. Moore} could also prove to be the better OLB once Training Camp is over......

PHINZ RULE!!!!:cap:

fin-wannabee-fan is one of the nabobs of negativism. He's going through a mid-life crisis, and he takes it out on the Dolphins and it's true fans. Yeah true fans, fans that don't wish hellfire and brimstone upon the coach/QB/owner/1st round pick. These guys are just out to hump your leg a little. Yeah, I got aqua and orange glasses on. I'm a damn fan you bastard. No one cares if your miserable, you might as well be happy. Go spread your disgust over at the Dolphin Digest boards- they'll gladly accept you.

Crud

this isn't the smack board... apologies to all offended :goof:

Love ya....
Mean it....

Fin atic - you have been a fan for 33 years, that is cool. youy played college ball, good. Does that make you an expert? I have beena fan for 30 played high school ball. Too slow and bad eyesight, so never did anything special. That said, we all do not have blinders on, why is it if we disagree with what you say is wrong we are just agreers and give a blank check to the FO. Everyone says they were shocked by the Moore pick, yet alot of us read up on him not just fromm the team sites and determined he may become someone special or may not but reserve juddgement and choose to be optimistic rather than pessimistic. It is funny that tghe poor players you list the team has gone out and brought new blood in at those positions yet you are still pessimistic. what do you want? should we be able to 7 players at the top of the draft before any others draft one? You heard them, they stated that LT was the top choice but all they thought could start were off the board and they felt Hunter and Smith were both good and would have to learn for a year or so and Clev dallas and Philli were after Moore and that was the guy Speil and Wanny wanted. the clowns took Chaun Thompson in the second, is E Moore worse then him? consider school size, character, ability, speed and all intangibles, it is a good bet that Moore would have been gone. I live in Ohio, Butch Davis was quoted as saying that since Moore and one other LB were gone that he feklt he had to take Thompson, so there is evidence the Browns would have taken him, Clev is desparate for LB help, they wouldn't have waited and hoped the ones they liked would be there in the third.

All in all i like the approach the FO has taken this offseason, yes there were other players I liked but you look at the oplayers lacking last year, those with all the intangibles and solid ability, i say the Fo put togethor a plan and has followed it, it is a plan i agree with. Bring high quality high character, high motor players. Judgement cannot be made yet, we have to see how it plays out. the pessimist says it will be the same, nothing will change, the optimist says they did great and we are going all the way, and the realist says we addressed areas of need and have the potential to cntend but we have to see what happens.

Which one are you?

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I agree with both of you and it won't surprise me a bit if Moore beats out Greenwood. He's faster, and if he has a knack for making a big play here or there he might jump right in front of Greenwood. Moore's speed could really make him a better fit. Question is can he hold up Physically, mentally, and how long will it take him to master the scheme.

Master a scheme that Morlon Greenwood hasn't obviously mastered?

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I'll tell you guys one thing....If this happens...and Moore pans out to beat Greenwood...I will pick up a plate & stand in line at the crow buffet .....no, he doesnt have to be a Probowler or even a top LB, just as long as he beats out Greenwood and wins the starting Job....that would Justify this pick IMO.

BTW, next time you start a thread with his name, @ least spell it correctly:(.....it makes it easier on us that object to that pick to accept it, and be convinced that at least everybody knows his name.:lol:

By the way you suck lol j/k

I think it is official. Miami Dolphins fans (at least some) are the most spoiled, fickle fans in the whole world. We get treated to a contending team every year. We get to watch damn good football.

I can't believe that a team that has won 31 games over the last three years, has made the playoffs more often that any other team in the last 5 - 6 years can be considered a laughing stock by any rational football fan.

Fact is only ONE team wins the SB, 31 teams go home disappointed. I feel sorry for the fans of teams that have no chance. Miami is a victim of their own success. The media notes the annual Dolphins collaspe because they are the only team in the NFL that is expected to contend EVERY YEAR. Next year will be no different. The media panned the late season demise and the draft, but will pick them to be a strong team next year.

Only in Miami can fans trash a QB that has a .700 winning pct. If the 6 game stretch with Lucas last year didn't demonstrate Fiedler's value, then you can't be convinced. Fiedler has improved each year and I believe he will be even better this year.

I think a 12 win season is very realistic. Go fins!

Originally posted by Cruddy-61
fin-wannabee-fan is one of the nabobs of negativism. He's going through a mid-life crisis, and he takes it out on the Dolphins and it's true fans. Yeah true fans, fans that don't wish hellfire and brimstone upon the coach/QB/owner/1st round pick. These guys are just out to hump your leg a little. Yeah, I got aqua and orange glasses on. I'm a damn fan you bastard. No one cares if your miserable, you might as well be happy. Go spread your disgust over at the Dolphin Digest boards- they'll gladly accept you.

Crud

Cruddy, even in the smack forum, you CANNOT attack poster personally like this. This is unacceptable. This is your first official warning. If you don't agree, thats fine. However, if you feel the need to do this, do it on PM.

Fin-atic, before you angrily respond to this, and you have every right to, just realize this is your chance to be the bigger man. He has been warned, and is now going to be under watch from the mods and mentors. I'd appreciate it if you let it be. If it happens again, punishment will be installed. That should be enough......

Originally posted by Bazinet37

Cruddy, even in the smack forum, you CANNOT attack poster personally like this. This is unacceptable. This is your first official warning. If you don't agree, thats fine. However, if you feel the need to do this, do it on PM.

Fin-atic, before you angrily respond to this, and you have every right to, just realize this is your chance to be the bigger man. He has been warned, and is now going to be under watch from the mods and mentors. I'd appreciate it if you let it be. If it happens again, punishment will be installed. That should be enough......

I got your back Baz....

cruddy, take the warning very seriously....

Fin-atic, Baz gives good advice bro!

You tell him bazinet, anyways...

You can't measure the heart of a football player by his physical size. Most of the best strong safety's and hall of fame safety's have been undersized. Many undersized linebackers have gone to the hall of fame, including not but only Nick Bouniconti. I think what intrigued Bates was how this guy is during gameday. He's an excellent cover man and due to his size peopel saw him nothing more but a strong safety but this guy can play the weak side very well. He seems to have instincts for the ball as well.

Back
Top Bottom