Edwards, Minnesota, and Trades....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edwards, Minnesota, and Trades.......

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is anyone else just a tiny bit scared we could lose out on the next Jerry Rice if we trade our #2 overall??? Other teams seem willing to give up an aweful lot to get him, while we seem to be the only ones trying to get OUT OF POSITION to grab him. Don't get me wrong I'd still like to trade out of #2, but it would piss me off just a little if Edwards really turns out that great and whoever we get at #3, #5 or #7 turns out to be just decent.

On somewhat of a differen't note........ Minnesota would be crazy not to try and pull the trigger on this trade, they are pretty strong all across the board, and a top flight WR may be all they're missing

I'm more afraid that we will lose out on the next LaDainian Tomlinson.

We have already been slamed for not taking Moss when we had the chance. Look at what TO did for the Eagles

mag1carl said:
We have already been slamed for not taking Moss when we had the chance. Look at what TO did for the Eagles

Philly has an above average QB though that can get him the ball.

KB21 said:
I'm more afraid that we will lose out on the next LaDainian Tomlinson.

You honestly feel that strongly about Brown? I'll admit I was on and off the H2 bandwagon until today. I jumped off the Braylon express and back on to the H2 bus. He's the guy I really want. Would be happy with Braylon, but Brown is the flavor of the hour. (Subject to change in the next hour or so) :shakeno:

Im more afraid that we dont get to trade. Fact is we could like KB21 said have the next LaDainian and someone else and pay them less money. Trading down is the only option if it is presented to us. Other teams that are willing to trade up are doing so because they believe that they are one step away from being a contender. Edwards is an immediate impact player that can help them with that.

outlawd2u said:
Is anyone else just a tiny bit scared we could lose out on the next Jerry Rice if we trade our #2 overall???

I think it's far more likely that we're going to get a couple of solid picks so that a team can draft the next David Terrell. Don't get me wrong. Edwards will probably succeed in the NFL, but I think he has a better chance of being the next David Terrell than he does of being the next Jerry Rice.

We're just too worried because we're never in this situation. Heck, if we were Bengals or Chargers fans, this would be old hat.

mag1carl said:

TO did alot for the Eagles, but they made the SB without him playing a down in the playoffs before the SB.

mag1carl said:

Look what losing Ricky Williams did to us. Running back is far more important than wide receiver.

In case you didn't notice, Philadelphia didn't miss a beat without TO. They struggled without Brian Westbrook though.

OK listen you can be afraid of those things or you can be afraid of not trading down and picking up the next Ryan Leaf.............. It goes both ways

Back
Top Bottom