Eight Dolphins players unsigned/News on Bell, Moore, and O-Gun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eight Dolphins players unsigned/News on Bell, Moore, and O-Gun

Let's get those boys signed up....I hope Yeremiah Bell makes the team!

It always comes down to the last minute with the Phins. The last few years it was always the day of or the day after training camp opens.

News on Bell, Moore, and O-Gun

In case some of us might miss this little tid bit....
When its slow like this every little bit helps.

Dolphins | Bell Could Sign This Week - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:33:50 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins rookie S Yeremiah Bell could sign as soon as this week, according to his agent Alan Hall.

Dolphins | Moore to Receive Contract Offer This Week - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:25:08 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins LB Eddie Moore is expected to receive a contract offer this week. "I don't foresee any problems with Eddie getting to camp and signed on time," said Derrick Spratley, Moore's agent.

Dolphins | Ogunleye to Sign by Training Camp - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:23:44 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins DE Adewale Ogunleye, who received a one-year tender of $375,000, is expected to sign a one-year deal before training camp, which opens July 25.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Nice, Ogunleye is finally going to sign the tender, or at least he says he will.

That's not the way I understood it:

''We have discussed a long-term contract, but that's not likely to happen at this time,'' Ogunleye's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Tuesday. ``In lieu of that, we have discussed a one-year deal. What we're currently hung up on now is incentives. . . . "

Also says Rosenhaus has added leverage due to Bowens' injury. Ogun would have probably signed the tender before Bowens got injured, now Drew's gonna milk the Dolphins for all he can on a one-year deal.

Yes he will milk the Fins, why not? It's always about the money.

Originally posted by Boone
I hope Yeremiah Bell makes the team!

The general sentiment is that the Phins will put him on the PUP list, then probably IR.....hoping another year of recovery will enable him to win a job next season.

I don't think Bell will play this year but maybe he'll be ready next season. I think everyone will be signed by the opening of training camp.

Ozzy rules!!

The Dolphins should just say "Take the one year deal or don't play." They shouldn't even let Drew try to get incentives in the deal.

O-GUN

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Dolphins should just say "Take the one year deal or don't play." They shouldn't even let Drew try to get incentives in the deal.
:fire: :eek: :tongue: :o everyone seems to want to play hard ball with this guy... although we have depth on the dline ...ogun is the second best, clearly.... and it doesn't hurtl:tongue: having an all-pro on the other side of the line:o

sign him for this year and then try to extent him....

too young to get rid off..........:yell:

since Wally is an exclusive rights free agent we should just sign him for 1 year since AFAIK he will be a RFA next year

I hope we can re-sign Ogun for more years before next year ends.

If Wally continues to improve, why only sign him to one year? We need to get some players on the line that will be here for a while and have a chance to learn their teammates actions in a certain situation. Wally know the players tendencies and they know his. I say sign him to a long term deal now before some other team makes him an unreal offer we can't match.:judge:
:jetssuck:
:nesucks:
:billsbite

There is absolutely no reason at all to give him more than 1 year right now. He HAS to sign a 1 year deal at 350K or he doesn't play!!! Next year, he is a RFA. If he does well again, we can sign him long term then, but for now, it would be stupid to give him more than the 1 year, 350K contract that he can either sign or not sign and not play.

Back
Top Bottom