Eli Manning threating to sit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning threating to sit?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Chargers | Manning Would Sit Out if Selected - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:12:23 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports QB Eli Manning (Mississippi) is prepared to sit out the entire 2004 season if selected by the San Diego Charger

That is bull crap, u all dont think that he will really sit out do u if he gets drafted by the chargers? If he does then he is a joke to the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOHHHH!!!! Poor little Eli wants to pick and choose the franchise that will make him a millionaire. Screw him, if I were in 5the Chargers war room I would draft the cry baby. I don't want Eli Manning because we have enough pre madonna's on this team already.

Just great what the NFL need is ANOTHER cry baby. :rolleyes:

He's just trying to scare them, after all they are still gun shy after the whole Ryan Leaf thing. I would draft him just in spite, just to piss him off. Sounds like he needs to grow up, I know he is young but damn I wouldn't want a whining baby on my team.

It never sat right with me that Elway did it, and it won't sit right with me if Archie instructs his boy to do it. Personally, I wish that the NFL had some sort of rule that made a player team property for maybe 5 years to avoid this crap. If you're talented enough to be #1, you are talented enough to help turn a team around. I'll again say look at where Cincy is now versus where we thought they would be at last year's draft. That came without Palmer even stepping on the field. The Chargers could be a playoff team this season. They have LT2, and they have some young players on D who might step up.

It's pathetic.

The chargers should just draft Roberts Gallery and forget Manning. After all there O-line is pretty bad.

Think about it, if the Chargers do draft Eli, and then they can take Mike Willians in the Suplemental Draft, not a bad start, You have Eli, Mike Williams and LT. There is the Chargers big 3. Sort of foolish for Eli to pass up that.

Well i guess we will all find out what will happen about 12:10PM saturday...cant wait :D

Eli Manning is a papa's boy. Daddy says don't play, Eli doesn't play. Daddy says play, Eli plays.

Eli needs to stop acting like a little b$tch or his daddy for that matter. The NFL owes this kid NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. Man up like all the rest of the first round picks of the past, save Elway, and appreciate that you've been accepted to "try out" in the big leagues. Seth Joyner said that due to this stink that he and papa are stirring up, you can best believe that when Eli finally hits the field no matter what team he's with, the D coordinators as well as the players will be hunting for this guys head. Bet on that. I can't stand this kid now. He should be happy just to be drafted into the greatest game in the world. Geez, some people. Why doesn't daddy just demand the Lambardi trophy for his boy too.

I hope the Chargers draft Eli Manning because what his father is doing is really pissing me off. Eli Manning is not a free agent and does not have the right to choose what team he goes to.

Eli to the Chargers!!!!!!

Wow nice reaction.

No offense but I wouldn't go to San Diego if I were Eli either. His career will die there. So much so that I would risk the cash drop (and yes if he's asking the Chargers to bypass him he does lose money) to the point of sitting for a year to avoid that fate.

Marty's never been good with QB's. His offenses make Wanny's look imaginative. That franchise has no offensive line to block for him and no receivers either. I mean what does he got on offense outside of L.T?

I can easily see Eli's point and if they can make a little power move to get to another city then so be it.

Draft him put him in on opening day and tell the OL to let the whole DL through turn the cry baby into a speed bump on the NFL super speedway

VanDolPhan said:
Wow nice reaction.

No offense but I wouldn't go to San Diego if I were Eli either. His career will die there. So much so that I would risk the cash drop (and yes if he's asking the Chargers to bypass him he does lose money) to the point of sitting for a year to avoid that fate.

Marty's never been good with QB's. His offenses make Wanny's look imaginative. That franchise has no offensive line to block for him and no receivers either. I mean what does he got on offense outside of L.T?

I can easily see Eli's point and if they can make a little power move to get to another city then so be it.
I tend to agree. It's not like the Archie demanded he not be drafted by San Diego, he simply said he'd prefer they didn't draft him. He never meant for this to go public.

LIQUID24 said:
I tend to agree. It's not like the Archie demanded he not be drafted by San Diego, he simply said he'd prefer they didn't draft him. He never meant for this to go public.

Yup the Chargers GM did.

He's not going to be very popular among the GM's either. Anyone who talks with him he immediately goes public. Not to mention he practically gave us David Boston.

Many many players over the years have suggested that teams not take them for whatever reasons.

And anyone who is dissing Eli for this then they must really really hate John Elway. Someone who actually did go through with his threat.

Back
Top Bottom