Eli Manning threating to sit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning threating to sit?

Eli needs to growup and be his on man it alright to ask his dad for advice, but when he says he's going to sit out a year in SD drafts him thats wrong, What I wuold love to see happen but never would; SD drafts him this year he sits out and go in the 2005 draft and SD get the 1st pick again and drafts him again that would be funny.

According to the rumor I heard, the reason that the Mannings don't want Eli to go to the Chargers relates to how Leaf was treated. Apparently, Manning and Leaf became friends and talked regularly during their first season. They would compare the support they received from their respective teams. The feeling was that the SD organization did a poor job of grooming Leaf compared to the grooming that Manning received from the Colts.

well he's being a whiny little biach, I agree,

But I think it would be the end of his career. Not because their a bad team over all (which htey are), but because they just can't develope QB's. Leaf, Breese, etc. Just can't develope their rookies right. I feel bad for PR if he ends up in San Diego, whatever young QB goes there will flop, mark my words. It's an internal problem with them.

At the end of the day, he seems to think he's in a bargaining situation. The Chargers could really mess him up, but what will they benefit from that, let's say, he's not kidding about sitting out.

SD will be better to trade down to 4 then again to 7. Giving them a QB,a WR(from the NYG deal), and 3 2nd round picks, this is a team that was lets be honest HORRIBLE. They have gaping holes at almost every position. Plus trading down to 4 is rumored to also get them Ike Hilliard. Now that to me is a deal you have to do, you get a vet WR and 3 picks in the first 36. That is how you rebuild....... But SD always picks high and never gets better so they probably will pick Eli he will sit out they get nothing and lose their 1st from this year. Or they trade him to us for this years 2 7th rounders and next years 5th....LOL

VanDolPhan said:
And anyone who is dissing Eli for this then they must really really hate John Elway. Someone who actually did go through with his threat.

I do really hate Elway for that. In fact, I also really dislike what Vinny Testaverde did when the Colts turned their season around just enough to not get the #1 pick when he came out.

rafael said:
According to the rumor I heard, the reason that the Mannings don't want Eli to go to the Chargers relates to how Leaf was treated. Apparently, Manning and Leaf became friends and talked regularly during their first season. They would compare the support they received from their respective teams. The feeling was that the SD organization did a poor job of grooming Leaf compared to the grooming that Manning received from the Colts.

I don't doubt that this is true, but it is the stupidest damned reason I could think of for them to object to San Diego. The team has a new GM. They have a whole new coaching staff. Did the owner ruin Leaf, or was it the team name itself? :rolleyes:

Based on this rationale, Carson Palmer should have pulled this crap with the Bengals because they had a couple of nasty first round failures quite possibly due to treatment.

The sacrifice Pat Tillman made makes this sound even more petty, if that were possible. He doesn't want to go to SD because he may be treated bad. :shakeno:

Fins2theend said:
Draft him put him in on opening day and tell the OL to let the whole DL through turn the cry baby into a speed bump on the NFL super speedway

LOL ... I remember stories from back in the early 70s that the Saints' OL did this to Archie. IIrc, it was not unusual for him to blame his teammates for their God-awful performance. Not that it wasn't true, but he made the comments publically.

I say they should still draft him if they want him. Either they call his bluff, or he risks ruining his career by missing a whole season.

Jimmy James said:
I don't doubt that this is true, but it is the stupidest damned reason I could think of for them to object to San Diego. The team has a new GM. They have a whole new coaching staff. Did the owner ruin Leaf, or was it the team name itself? :rolleyes:

Based on this rationale, Carson Palmer should have pulled this crap with the Bengals because they had a couple of nasty first round failures quite possibly due to treatment.

My understanding was that the agent told the Chargers about their concerns, basically saying this is what we heard and didn't like about the way Leaf was treated. The agent didn't say that Eli would refuse to go, only that he wanted issues resolved. My guess is that the Chargers never really wanted Manning, but were feeling public pressure to draft him. So, they released the info that Manning didn't want to go there so they could have an excuse to trade or pass on Manning. It seems to me that the Chargers hung Archie out to dry on this one, by breaching that confidentiality. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't feel I could trust the Chargers and I'd advise Eli to sit out too.

While people like Tillman makes a huge decision that cost him his life, Eli threatens to sit it out. I hope he becomes the biggest bust in the history of the NFL.

Why would you possibly want to leak this instead of presenting a strong front? No wonder the Giants are trying to drive a hard bargain. I again don't doubt that it may have happened this way, but the whole situation is just making the Mannings and the Chargers both look like real idiots.

Back
Top Bottom