ELITE secondary | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

You serious? He stinks. Look at the clip posted earlier. No respectable NFL safety would get blasted that badly. Show me some clips of him laying wood or making a play to make the int himself without a deflection since being a stinking Stiller.
All pro last 2 years is a lot more viable than a few clips of him not making tackles. It happens to every player, he’s still going up against the best in the league on the other side so its bound to happen

I'd rather have Holland than minkah. Just as much ball skills, more physical, rookie contract.

I just don't think Jones, Noah, and Howard are great in man to man... adding Phillips though could change the secondary production big time.

I'd rather have Holland than minkah. Just as much ball skills, more physical, rookie contract.

I just don't think Jones, Noah, and Howard are great in man to man... adding Phillips though could change the secondary production big time.
Every secondary can play better when they have a good pass rush in front of them. I'm hoping Phillips will help up front.

When someone says " …. someone is unquestionably, blah, blah, blah, …." then I know they are just looking to stir things up on this board. - LOL

I honestly do not think it is a question. He has been all pro (mind you, not simply pro bowl) multiple years in a row. That shows he is regarded as the top FS around the league.

Now, I am very aware Minkah is a sore spot on this board. Him being a top talent and failing here and excelling when gone does not fit the parts of the board that look at every Flores move with rose colored glasses.

Minkah is also very relevant to this thread. We just picked a potential elite safety. I am worried that Flo will again try to misuse this potential elite safety at slot cb rather than his natural position. Let me also add that bringing in Hooker for a visit yesterday did nothing to alleviate those concerns.

I am not one to accept every move and not question Grier and Flores. I will provide my opinions and commentary rather than cheer every move.

IMO it's better to have an elite pass rush than an elite secondary. Nobody can cover their wr's if the QB has 5+ seconds to throw.
The two go hand in hand...if you cover well your pass rushers look better as they have more time to get there!

I’m less worried about our defense that our QB and offense.

I honestly do not think it is a question. He has been all pro (mind you, not simply pro bowl) multiple years in a row. That shows he is regarded as the top FS around the league.

Now, I am very aware Minkah is a sore spot on this board. Him being a top talent and failing here and excelling when gone does not fit the parts of the board that look at every Flores move with rose colored glasses.

Minkah is also very relevant to this thread. We just picked a potential elite safety. I am worried that Flo will again try to misuse this potential elite safety at slot cb rather than his natural position. Let me also add that bringing in Hooker for a visit yesterday did nothing to alleviate those concerns.

I am not one to accept every move and not question Grier and Flores. I will provide my opinions and commentary rather than cheer every move.
2 years ago the dolphins were a mess. Minka was then traded to a team that was loaded, had an identity and was playing with leads. Of course minkah " looked better " . It doesn't mean Miami made the wrong mo e. Getting the picks in Miami's situation 2 years ago was 100%the right decision.

At the end of the day the secondary being, elite, good or just average is a moot point. If tua takes the step forward this year that's all that matters

I don't get this Minkah adoration. So worried Flo will misuse another safety? Please that's pretty dramatic. Minkah is an ok player, he's fine, but we got a 1st round tackle for him and just drafted his replacement in the 2nd. He didn't want to be here, didn't want to be coached/used by one of the league's top defensive coaches fresh off of holding the Rams to 3 pts in the Super Bowl. Whatever his reasons, it was self over team and he wasn't with the program so he got moved, big whoop. I like the way our secondary and defense overall has looked a lot better since he left than when he was here anyway. Not sure what you think you're missing.

I don't get this Minkah adoration. So worried Flo will misuse another safety? Please that's pretty dramatic. Minkah is an ok player, he's fine, but we got a 1st round tackle for him and just drafted his replacement in the 2nd. He didn't want to be here, didn't want to be coached/used by one of the league's top defensive coaches fresh off of holding the Rams to 3 pts in the Super Bowl. Whatever his reasons, it was self over team and he wasn't with the program so he got moved, big whoop. I like the way our secondary and defense overall has looked a lot better since he left than when he was here anyway. Not sure what you think you're missing.
Ppl in sports look at pro bowls, ESPN highlights and 40 times instead of substantive winning. It is what it is. I'll always appreciate the formula to win rather than how sexy it looks.

It's why parcells hated the media

Didn't we win 10 games last year? Who were our running backs? - LOL

I'm not going to argue Miami didn't need an OL upgrade. It did. But, nothing in football stands by itself. Another part of the run game is a respectable pass game - someone to make the D honest - make them pay for stacking the box. That was absent, as was a legit deep threat and a speed/quick guy. I feel confident I have the agreement of many when I say Fuller, Waddle, Wilson will hep the run game.

Because we played him out of position and played McCain at FS. Which is exactly what my first comment was about.

I don’t know why people think this staff consists of DB geniuses. We truly messed up with an elite all NFL mainstay player in Minkah. Messed up with the Jones contract. Noah also didn’t play like a first rounder last year, but I am willing to give him more time.

Track record is not good at DB. At all.
Do a little research before you chime in on this subject. After playing with Pittsburgh for one year in the safety position, He whined to coaching staff and the press that he wanted to be played like he was in Miami.

At the end of the day the secondary being, elite, good or just average is a moot point. If tua takes the step forward this year that's all that matters

Disagree. Yes, I want TT to "take the step forward" and I think he will, but, from a team perspective, the better the secondary, the better the team will do.

Back
Top Bottom