Elliott to the Steelers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elliott to the Steelers

Exactly. Weaver plays 3 safeties about 30% of the time. They might be looking for someone who they can play close to the LOS?
This is Weaver's first shot as a Defensive Coordinator. I don't think that we really know precisely how he's going to operate his Defense. His expertise is in coaching the defensive line, the group that he coached at Baltimore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but because the Ravens played 3 Safeties 30% of the time, we won't necessarily replicate that. Some of this is dependent on Weaver's assessment of the strengths of his Dolphin players.

Did Barry interview him for that info?

All I'm saying is that Weaver has only been an NFL DC once. That was in Houston in 2020.

Are we projecting that Weaver is going to use MacDonald's (Ravens DC last year) scheme and philosophy? If so, that's a huge assumption is it not?

Are we going by what he did in Houston?

Stating things like this as fact drives me up a wall. It's like when so many of the brothers here went on and on about us becoming a "run first" team, simply because McD happened to be SF run game coordinator in the past.

Unless Weaver made some statement, there is zero basis for that assumption, IMO.

It's not like Fangio who had an extensive history to indicate his philosophy. There isn't enough history as DC with Weaver to make such a concrete determination.

This is Weaver's first shot as a Defensive Coordinator. I don't think that we really know precisely how he's going to operate his Defense. His expertise is in coaching the defensive line, the group that he coached at Baltimore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but because the Ravens played 3 Safeties 30% of the time, we won't necessarily replicate that. Some of this is dependent on Weaver's assessment of the strengths of his Dolphin players.
Exactly...

Did Barry interview him for that info?

All I'm saying is that Weaver has only been an NFL DC once. That was in Houston in 2020.

Are we projecting that Weaver is going to use MacDonald's (Ravens DC last year) scheme and philosophy? If so, that's a huge assumption is it not?

Are we going by what he did in Houston?

Stating things like this as fact drives me up a wall. It's like when so many of the brothers here went on and on about us becoming a "run first" team, simply because McD happened to be SF run game coordinator in the past.

Unless Weaver made some statement, there is zero basis for that assumption, IMO.

It's not like Fangio who had an extensive history to indicate his philosophy. There isn't enough history as DC with Weaver to make such a concrete determination.
The one that got me was when a couple of posters thought Ingold was gonna get 200 carries...

LOL... what??? In a career?

The one that got me was when a couple of posters thought Ingold was gonna get 200 carries...

LOL... what??? In a career?
Or even Berrios as a top tier slot receiver. One only needed look at his career stats to see there was no basis for such belief.

Something else to consider...remember Week 15 last season, albeit against the inept Jets offense, we were forced to use Campbell and Jones as the starting safeties the entire game, and Campbell didn't look bad. We still need one more proven safety though.

bMe too. Curl is a good young safety. Unfortunately he might be expensive.
Would suck, but could bring us a good player for a few years. I'd take a solid starting safety over an extra comp 3, if its not an asinine contract

Not sorry to see him go, honestly. Think he was overrated on here. He was a solid player, but nothing more. There’s a reason he keeps bumping around the league on near-minimum deals.

Some serious safety talent is still on the market. Lots of upgrades available.
I agree. I'm not trying to talk **** on him bc he left either.

He was an alright player. Keeping him at this price woulda been fine with me but his skill set is not that hard to replace. We have Poyer now anyway so I wish him well in Pitt.

At 2yr/$6 million it was obvious we didn’t want him, but he, Poyer and Holland could’ve made for a nice rotation.

Miami has interest in the safety position in the draft. They appear to like the University of Miami's Kamren Kinchens. And Jaden Hicks from Washington State University. Who happens to be quite the hitter.
Love Kam Kinchens. Sucked to see him get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom