Enough Dynasty Talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Enough Dynasty Talk

Prime Time said:
Also........how many crucial injuries died New England have? Look at their CBs. Enough Said. Dynasty.

No doubt. Dynasty all the way. I hate them, but you gotta give credit where it's due.

FireWrongstedt said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: Yeah, man- they're horrible. I wish our players sucked that much.:rolleyes:
I want "sucky" players too Fire! If they'll get us 3 out of 4, "sucky" come on down! :shakeno:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here (that they're not a dynasty or that they're not one of the best teams ever).

Anyone really think Belichick wouldn't have a dominating, superstar-laden team if this were the pre-salary cap days of the Cowboys?? That's what makes the Pats so great. They're largely a bunch of nobodies. They aren't flashy. They just get the job done. Heck, if the dynasty playing field was level, you wouldn't have those Cowboy, Steeler and Niner teams because they would have been broken up after one or two championships. IMO, it's HARDER to construct a dynasty these days because the system is designed to prevent such a thing.

A dynasty is a dynasty regardless of era. It doesn't matter how you do it or by how many points. All that matters is the final score. Style points don't count.

AquaAssasin said:
Actually they are a dynasty but to they couldnt compete with the likes of the cowboys, 49ers , dolphins, Steelers of the past...

Too much parity and that team is got good coaching not superstar players...

:lol: I am as a Die hard of a Dol-Fan as you will find BUT this comment is ridiculous. Dolphins are definately not a Dynasty and never have been.

Muck said:
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here (that they're not a dynasty or that they're not one of the best teams ever).

Anyone really think Belichick wouldn't have a dominating, superstar-laden team if this were the pre-salary cap days of the Cowboys?? That's what makes the Pats so great. They're largely a bunch of nobodies. They aren't flashy. They just get the job done. Heck, if the dynasty playing field was level, you wouldn't have those Cowboy, Steeler and Niner teams because they would have been broken up after one or two championships. IMO, it's HARDER to construct a dynasty these days because the system is designed to prevent such a thing.

A dynasty is a dynasty regardless of era. It doesn't matter how you do it or by how many points. All that matters is the final score. Style points don't count.
Great points Muck, I didnt think about that (yet)...;-) But so true! We all know how the 9ers acquired their teams right....This makes the Pats DYNASTY that more impressive!

Like the Chargers starting next year;-) Hey, come on, one can dream right! As of today, were all 0-0! Here's to playing you guys next year, and "squishing the fish!" Aint that right FireWrongstedt;-)
:roflmao:

Prime Time said:
:lol: I am as a Die hard of a Dol-Fan as you will find BUT this comment is ridiculous. Dolphins are definately not a Dynasty and never have been.
Early 70's with zonka...They won two out of three superbowls and would of won more if Zonka and KIck wouldnt have left....

Muck said:

And that will be their legacy 20 years from now. The Pats won three SB's in four years in a salary cap era with a bunch of "nobody's". If the 70's Steelers had the best defense, and the 80's 49ers had the best offense, then the 2000 Pats will be remembered as one of the best coached teams in history (together with those old Lomardi coached Packers teams). THAT will be their legacy, and one they should be very proud of.

Surferosa said:
And that will be their legacy 20 years from now. The Pats won three SB's in four years in a salary cap era with a bunch of "nobody's". If the 70's Steelers had the best defense, and the 80's 49ers had the best offense, then the 2000 Pats will be remembered as one of the best coached teams in history (together with those old Lomardi coached Packers teams). THAT will be their legacy, and one they should be very proud of.
i agree....

AquaAssasin said:
Early 70's with zonka...They won two out of three superbowls and would of won more if Zonka and KIck wouldnt have left....

Won two out of three...thats it. You could say the same about the Boys, 9ers and Steelers but all their key players stayed in tact for the most part. Miami is not a dynasty...not yet.

I think they are a dynasty. In fact I think what they've done is much harder than any team that has won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls in the past. They have a salary cap in place something that none in the past had.

The Pats are an impressive franchise now, one of the all time GREAT franchises in the history of the NFL and we are looking up at them. I don't see why that is so hard to admit. They've more than earned it.

whoops sorry... anyway, most of my anger is directed toward ESPN, esp. Salisbury saying they could beat Irvin's Cowboys. i just wish SOMEONE in the media would step up say that the 70's,80's and 90's teams (esp.the 90's teams) would stomp on the Pats. you wanna say Bellicek is the best of all time? fine, i can live with that. but to suggest they are as good or could even beat those teams is idiodic. winning 3 of 4 in FA era is amazing, but put it the context of the FA era and dont go back any further. We all know its superior coaching and scheming. ex. Deon Branch is now in the record books. HAHAHA. he tied Jerry Rice for receptions. yeah they're about equal...deon branch will go down as one one of the greats...HAHAHA

Prime Time said:
Also........how many crucial injuries died New England have? Look at their CBs. Enough Said. Dynasty.

TWO years in a row they have been hit hard with injuries and they won back to back titles. If that is not a dynasty I don't know what it then.

Prime Time said:

Yea they were. There were TWO in the 70's. The Dolphins and the Steelers.

ohall wrote:
" In fact I think what they've done is much harder than any team that has won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls in the past"
true but remember this, the '94 49ers had to beat the two-time defending Cowboys in the NFC Championship game. all of the NFC championship games of that span of five or six years (dont forget the Packers with Farve at his absolute best) had downright amazing teams. from the Cowboys perspective, their path to win a championship was harder, cause the had to get through a 49ers team that had Hall of Famers and had great talent on both sides of the ball. how many teams like that did the Pats beat? the rams? no defense. the colts? no defense. they missed the playoffs the year the ravens won...

Back
Top Bottom