enough is enough take MATT RYAN!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

enough is enough take MATT RYAN!!

What will the draft Chris Long crowd do? What will the draft Glenn Dorsey crowd do? Those are better questions at this stage dont you think? Remember the Mcfadden crowd back in October? Where are they now? I think they're doing a 30 minute special on them on NFL Network later on

Entering March, the pick is down to three choices 1) trade down 2) Matty Ice 3) Jake Long.

Its obvious Matt Ryan is the best choice for this team and Parcells will make the pick. Been saying since November Ryan should be our choice and once Parcells was hired it became guaranteed. If Cameron was still here, Ryan wouldnt have been the pick but there is no way Tuna passes up a franchise QB for a Right Tackle

McFadden advocate right here, what happened was Tuna said you do not take a RB that high in the draft as they aren't durable enough to justify the pick.

Take Jake Long, pencil him in at LT for 10 yrs, and be done with it, no development, none of that...and if he washes out, RT will be there waiting for him..

As for Ryan, if he washes out at Qb, can he then play Rb?:)

McFadden advocate right here, what happened was Tuna said you do not take a RB that high in the draft as they aren't durable enough to justify the pick.

Take Jake Long, pencil him in at LT for 10 yrs, and be done with it, no development, none of that...and if he washes out, RT will be there waiting for him..

As for Ryan, if he washes out at Qb, can he then play Rb?:)

:lol: Pencils. We dont need no steenkin pencils. Draft Ryan and we use a pen and ink his name for the next ten years. What is this washing out possibility you speak of? Its impossible to wash out ink

Im sick of people falling in love with an above average QB. Just because our qbs have stunk for almost a decade doesnt mean we should jump at anybody. Ryan is not an elite prospect in my eyes...I might be wrong nobody knows but taking Ryan with the first pick would be horrible

terrible dont do it. if this happens itll make the team no better, if u think this is the answer then u should look at hte giants who won the superbowl with she-li

Matt Ryan....

Im kind of both ways on the whole Matt Ryan thing.. This is my first post on the site, ive been a huge fan of the dolphins since i could remember. It sucks to have had my dad as a dolphin fan cuz he quits on them anytime there not doing well. i had a subscription to the nfl.com radio stations so i could listen to them while i was in japan.. im a Marine i was deployed to Okinawa, JP for all of last year so you could imagine the frustration of not being able to watch any Miami sports. But back to what i was truly writing about, Matt Ryan. He has the size, the arm, the stats but honestly at this juncture do you think that we have surrounded him with the right cast. i would like to see what beck has with a better and younger receiving core. i think that building that front five is so important these days. if RB was averaging 5.1 a carry with a soso line last year imagine what he could with a good line. Let me know what you guys think.. Go Dolphins whether your 0 - 16 or 16 - 0 im still gonna be there and it seems like alot of the guys on this site are the same way.. its good to see there are still some true fans out there.

Welcome aboard to the site, but do you really think Matt Ryan is top ten material? I see him as a mid-first round talent, a huge reach at #1 overall.

Matt ryan

i think in this draft class definetly.. i just dont think that it would be the best pick for us.. i think choosing jake at 1 or at 3 would be the best for us. i also think salary cap wise its bettter because jake isnt going to be asking for the same money as ryan might be.. it would be nice to get some relief money wise.

I hope they draft Matt Ryan because he is the top rated QB in this draft class. Every draft expert that I've seen has him in their top 6 players available. If you're going to spend the kind of money that it takes to sign the number one overall pick you might as well do it on a potential franchise QB. You're never going to get one in free agency or trade. The only other player who makes sense to me would be Jake Long because we have a crying need for a good left tackle. They are almost as hard to find as a good QB. We can wait until next year to draft a good outside linebacker or defensive end or sign one in free agency. Players at those positions are alot easier to find than quality left tackle or Quarterbacks. Does anyone really think that John Beck will develop into a good player?

IDoes anyone really think that John Beck will develop into a good player?

Maybe, maybe not. Does anyone know if Ryan will be a good player? Maybe, Maybe not. All I know its not worth risking $35m to findout right now.

I'll pass on Ryan. I think we should either draft Jake Long for the O-Line or draft someone to build the D.

I think everyone shares the spirit of this post in that we all want to FINALLY find a good starting QB after years of ineptitude. Those that state Beck "deserves" a chance to start drives me insane. He deserves nothing. I agree he should have the chance to compete, but he has shown nothing that where we should stop looking for a QB. I will say I'm on the fence with Ryan. Many GM's see him in the same realm as Rothesberger, Eli and Rivers. We should be so lucky if he ended up that good. Others see the mistakes in college as a large cause for concern (myself included). From what I've read , he had nothing to work at BC in the skill positions and not one guy that played the skill positions at BC will find a home in the NFL. So, I'll rely on Parcell's and Ireland to make the call on Ryan. If they feel his is not a long time starter in this league then take one of the Long's and move on. Otherwise, I'd be very happy if we take Ryan knowing the FO has put him through the ringer before making that investment.

We all just need to remember that the odds of finding a long term starting QB's go down later in the draft. If you think Ryan has warts, start picking apart these guys everyone throws out there in the later rounds. I personally would rather have Ryan than Beck, but that doesn't make Ryan the best value at number 1.

As of this second I think Jake Long is the safest pick, so that is my preference....until I read something else tomorrow.

1) The argument that Bill and Jeff dont want to wind up in the club that take a bust with the top pick, so therefore they shouldnt take Ryan is stupid. Why is it that only the QB position is viewed as a risk at top pick? Sure, you can ramble off the Leaf's and Klingler's of the world, but dont act like players taken at the top or near at other positions never bust.

The bottom line is when you are picking #1 overall, you damn well better take a player that will turn into a good one or you are screwed. Especially now that they get so much money. Any pick is a gamble. And there is no way anyone is going to trade up into the top spot. Atlanta is the only slight possibility. Its too much money. Its a gamble yea. But, they are forced to take it. So they may as well take Ryan.

Why are the guys at the other positions considered locks to turn into a player worth 35 mil? On top of that, you cant take a guy and he be avg. or worse and it turns out you passed on a gem. When you pick 1st, you HAVE to get it right. There is no avoiding the risk. So stop acting like the only way Bill and Jeff are risking their ***** is by taking a QB with that pick. Their *** is on the line no matter who they take.

2) The guys will take a long look at Ryan during his pro day. If they think he is the goods then there is no way they pass on him. If they agree with some of you and think he is a reach at #1 then they will probably go Long(pun). One of them. Personally, I think if we draft Ryan were still going long. Only it will be long to Teddy Ginn Jr for a bunch of scores. :lol:

3) Flacco and Woodson completely blow. Stop talking about them. Both are big time long term projects with major flaws that must be corrected before they can start games in the league. Personally I think neither one will ever be a good NFL QB. Woodson is a lock to never succeed in the league. Henne and Brohm are projects too, but might make it. However they are not on the level of Ryan. The one guy that no one talks about who could be as ready or more ready to start right away as Ryan is, but with less of a celing is John David Booty. He can be had in a later round too.

4) I dont like the idea of another 2nd round QB. If we want to develope a guy who will take another year or two to get going, then we wait on Beck. Plus Ive been saying all along the talent level is so deep this year at other positions into round 3, that a QB in round 2 or 3 is a total waste from our prospective. To me its Ryan or wait till day 2 in late rounds to take a crap shoot. Booty might not be a bad pick if Ryan isnt the guy. Perhaps Ainge?

And oh yea....almost forgot 5) If you think this years QB crop is weak, take a gander at what is coming next season.....NOTHING. Seems like Stafford and Tebow(who I dont think will succeed in the league) are both going to stay for their senior years. Not only that we probably wont pick near #1. Hopefully not even in the top 10. And you can forget about a good QB being available as a FA.

Basically guys, the deal is you need a franchise QB to build your team. The largest majority of franchise QBs are first round draft picks. A team is rarely in position to select the top QB prospect in the draft. This happens to be the year we are. We happen to need a franchise QB. This year the top prospect happens to be Matt Ryan. In other words this is the hand we are dealt folks. Get over it and get on board the Mattywagon.

Im also tired of hearing about build the team first and then get the QB. When??? Like I showed above, it wont be next year. Gotta get it now while we have the opportunity to. What good is having a solid team with no QB? So we can go 10-6 or something?

I dont know about you but, Im trying to win a bowl. For every Trent Dilfer who won a bowl there are 5 won by elite QB's. And for every elite QB you can name like Brady who wasnt a #1 pick, you can name 5 who were #1 picks.

1) The argument that Bill and Jeff dont want to wind up in the club that take a bust with the top pick, so therefore they shouldnt take Ryan is stupid. Why is it that only the QB position is viewed as a risk at top pick? Sure, you can ramble off the Leaf's and Klingler's of the world, but dont act like players taken at the top or near at other positions never bust.

The bottom line is when you are picking #1 overall, you damn well better take a player that will turn into a good one or you are screwed. Especially now that they get so much money. Any pick is a gamble. And there is no way anyone is going to trade up into the top spot. Atlanta is the only slight possibility. Its too much money. Its a gamble yea. But, they are forced to take it. So they may as well take Ryan.

Why are the guys at the other positions considered locks to turn into a player worth 35 mil? On top of that, you cant take a guy and he be avg. or worse and it turns out you passed on a gem. When you pick 1st, you HAVE to get it right. There is no avoiding the risk. So stop acting like the only way Bill and Jeff are risking their ***** is by taking a QB with that pick. Their *** is on the line no matter who they take.

2) The guys will take a long look at Ryan during his pro day. If they think he is the goods then there is no way they pass on him. If they agree with some of you and think he is a reach at #1 then they will probably go Long(pun). One of them. Personally, I think if we draft Ryan were still going long. Only it will be long to Teddy Ginn Jr for a bunch of scores. :lol:

3) Flacco and Woodson completely blow. Stop talking about them. Both are big time long term projects with major flaws that must be corrected before they can start games in the league. Personally I think neither one will ever be a good NFL QB. Woodson is a lock to never succeed in the league. Henne and Brohm are projects too, but might make it. However they are not on the level of Ryan. The one guy that no one talks about who could be as ready or more ready to start right away as Ryan is, but with less of a celing is John David Booty. He can be had in a later round too.

4) I dont like the idea of another 2nd round QB. If we want to develope a guy who will take another year or two to get going, then we wait on Beck. Plus Ive been saying all along the talent level is so deep this year at other positions into round 3, that a QB in round 2 or 3 is a total waste from our prospective. To me its Ryan or wait till day 2 in late rounds to take a crap shoot. Booty might not be a bad pick if Ryan isnt the guy. Perhaps Ainge?

And oh yea....almost forgot 5) If you think this years QB crop is weak, take a gander at what is coming next season.....NOTHING. Seems like Stafford and Tebow(who I dont think will succeed in the league) are both going to stay for their senior years. Not only that we probably wont pick near #1. Hopefully in the top 10. And you can forget about a good QB being available as a FA. Basically guys, the deal is you need a franchise QB to build your team. The largest majority of franchise QBs are first round draft picks. A team is rarely in position to select the top QB prospect in the draft. This happens to be the year we are. We happen to need a franchise QB. This year the top prospect happens to be Matt Ryan. In other words this is the hand we are dealt folks. Get over it and get on board the Mattywagon.

Im also tired of hearing about build the team first and then get the QB. When??? Like I showed above, it wont be next year. Gotta get it now while we have the opportunity to. What good is having a solid team with no QB? So we can go 10-6 or something? I dont know about you but, Im trying to win a bowl. For every Trent Dilfer who won a bowl there are 5 won by elite QB's. And for every elite QB you can name like Brady who wasnt a #1 pick, you can name 5 who were #1 picks.

:lol::lol:..you funny!

Back
Top Bottom