enough is enough take MATT RYAN!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

enough is enough take MATT RYAN!!

:lol::lol:..you funny!

Whats funny. Looks like a very sound argument with well thought out reasoning. But, youre right. Better off crossing our fingers and going with Beck who showed us that he is at least another year away from being ready to start or possibly just never going to be good. One of the two.

if john beck were coming out this year, he would be the #1 QB in the draft. I was looking @ videos on youtube of both QBs (beck in collage) and beck looks soooooooo much better

if john beck were coming out this year, he would be the #1 QB in the draft. I was looking @ videos on youtube of both QBs (beck in collage) and beck looks soooooooo much better

When wearing the rose colored glasses that a Beck worshiper would.

Whats funny. Looks like a very sound argument with well thought out reasoning. But, youre right. Better off crossing our fingers and going with Beck who showed us that he is at least another year away from being ready to start or possibly just never going to be good. One of the two.

Obviously you payed no attention to what I highlighted on your post.....take another look:up:

When wearing the rose colored glasses that a Beck worshiper would.
Dude r u seriously kidding me? u must not know much football OR maybe u know so much football that ur the only one who can evaluate Beck after 3 games. Hey u mite b rite, but its too early to tell with beck. If u were in Indy, u would have drafted another QB after Manning had 11 int. & only 3 TDs his rookie year. Good move!!!

And oh yea....almost forgot 5) If you think this years QB crop is weak, take a gander at what is coming next season.....NOTHING. Seems like Stafford and Tebow(who I dont think will succeed in the league) are both going to stay for their senior years. Not only that we probably wont pick near #1. Hopefully not even in the top 10. And you can forget about a good QB being available as a FA.

Basically guys, the deal is you need a franchise QB to build your team. The largest majority of franchise QBs are first round draft picks. A team is rarely in position to select the top QB prospect in the draft. This happens to be the year we are. We happen to need a franchise QB. This year the top prospect happens to be Matt Ryan. In other words this is the hand we are dealt folks. Get over it and get on board the Mattywagon.

Im also tired of hearing about build the team first and then get the QB. When??? Like I showed above, it wont be next year. Gotta get it now while we have the opportunity to. What good is having a solid team with no QB? So we can go 10-6 or something?

I dont know about you but, Im trying to win a bowl. For every Trent Dilfer who won a bowl there are 5 won by elite QB's. And for every elite QB you can name like Brady who wasnt a #1 pick, you can name 5 who were #1 picks.

Great points WV. Thanks for pointing out that next year's QB class is possibly the weakest in the last decade. If we fail to get a QB this year we have to wait until the 2010 draft before one becomes available

Also great point about the whole building a team first argument. Until you have your QB you havent begun to rebuild

I think that a lot of people want to take Matt Ryan because he is the best quarterback available. that's just stupid IMO. Being the best QB in any given draft does NOT make you a franchise quarterback.

A recent team who seemed to follow that logic, the San Fransisco 49ers when they took Alex Smith. That's worked out really well, huh? It was right down to the wire who the better player was between him and Aaron Rogers, and when the Niners took Smith....you saw what happened with Rogers, right? Fell all the way down to the Packers. The mystique of getting the 'best quaterback' was gone, so Rogers fell to a more reasonable draft spot for him (and what would have been more reasonable for Smith).

But I'm cool with Ryan if we take him....I have faith in the FO now to take the best football player for the Miami Dolphins and not just take Ryan simple because he's the best available QB. I just don't like how everyone here says we have to get Ryan because we need a franchise QB and just assume that he is one since he's the best available.

Great points WV. Thanks for pointing out that next year's QB class is possibly the weakest in the last decade. If we fail to get a QB this year we have to wait until the 2010 draft before one becomes available

Also great point about the whole building a team first argument. Until you have your QB you havent begun to rebuild

Its ridiculous that people dont want this kid.

I guess they like the idea of watching a team with a Super Bowl caliber defense and a Super Bowl caliber running game with a weak QB.

I guess they like going to New England on the last game of the season and blowing the lead because you have the ball with a couple minutes left.....too much time to run it three straight times and punt, so despite the bashing the coach takes for a smart move in throwing on 1st down.....you cant get it because your QB is Jay Fiedler. So you finish 9-7, blow the division, blow the playoffs, and go home despite having your running back kill the league with 1800yrds and your defense dominate all year. Yea, that was fun.

That must be what they all want. Some 10-6 and some 9-7. Cause guess what. When you dont have a QB who can get the job done in those spots, thats what you get.

Reality is no matter how good your team is these days your gonna play close games in this league. In order to win those games you need a clutch QB. And youre gonna be in spots where you need to make a first down to either drive for a win, or kill a clock(but need to throw it) for a win. Youre just not doing that with the Fiedlers, McCowns, retreads, Dilfers, and 2nd round projects of the world. Look at the clutch drives Eli had to come up with despite the fact that his front 7 on D dominated in those playoffs, and his running game was nice too.

And to finish, in that particular New England game, despite the fact that with Ricky we had the best running game all year, in that particular spot we had to try and throw it on first to get enough yards to run for the first down. No way New England was going to allow 10 yards on 3 straight runs. Thats why it was so smart to throw on first, they were ready for a run on 1st down. If we get 7-9 yards throwing it, were gold. Well it went incomplete.(Go figure, we had a bum at QB and not a franchise stud drafted #1 overall, like Ryan) So then on 2nd and 10 you HAVE to throw it now. Not gonna get 8+ yards on a running play in this spot. Well 2nd down went incomplete. Gotta throw again. See the importance of having a solid QB.

We had a Super Bowl caliber team that only won 9 games cause or QB wasnt clutch and simply couldnt hit Chambers on the deep ball throughout the year on the golden opportunity play actions passes set up by the killer run game we had that year. A good QB and we won 12 games easy that year. Go back and look at the close ones where Fiedler missed Chambers wide open on play action for scores. We win 12 or 13 and have home field and win the bowl. All we needed was a QB. I DONT WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN!!! GET RYAN!

I think that a lot of people want to take Matt Ryan because he is the best quarterback available. that's just stupid IMO. Being the best QB in any given draft does NOT make you a franchise quarterback.

A recent team who seemed to follow that logic, the San Fransisco 49ers when they took Alex Smith. That's worked out really well, huh? It was right down to the wire who the better player was between him and Aaron Rogers, and when the Niners took Smith....you saw what happened with Rogers, right? Fell all the way down to the Packers. The mystique of getting the 'best quaterback' was gone, so Rogers fell to a more reasonable draft spot for him (and what would have been more reasonable for Smith).

But I'm cool with Ryan if we take him....I have faith in the FO now to take the best football player for the Miami Dolphins and not just take Ryan simple because he's the best available QB. I just don't like how everyone here says we have to get Ryan because we need a franchise QB and just assume that he is one since he's the best available.

I agree 100% with eveything you said, except I just don't believe Ryan is worth the #1 overall. But, that's just my opinion, our FO may feel differently and I could live with that. IMO, Ryan shouldn't be drafted before #9.

I realize there are others on this board who think automatically being the best QB makes you the #1 pick, I just don't agree with that fallacy.

In my opinion, Ryan is worthy of being taken with the first pick in the draft. I would rate him higher than Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith, and Aaron Rodgers.

In essence, the only quarterback I would likely rate higher from the last four drafts would be JaMarcus Russell. And, that is not a sure thing given Russell's questionable work ethic and intangibles.

I can't speak to comparing him with Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger because I was not looking at tape prior to the Alex Smith-Ronnie Brown draft. Despite that, I think he would compare favorably with all three of those quarterbacks.

Miami will just be another team until they find their franchise quarterback. I would draft Ryan if the draft were today. Also, please bring more to the argument than stats when stating why they should or should not draft him.

In my opinion, Ryan is worthy of being taken with the first pick in the draft. I would rate him higher than Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith, and Aaron Rodgers.

In essence, the only quarterback I would likely rate higher from the last four drafts would be JaMarcus Russell. And, that is not a sure thing given Russell's questionable work ethic and intangibles.

I can't speak to comparing him with Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger because I was not looking at tape prior to the Alex Smith-Ronnie Brown draft. Despite that, I think he would compare favorably with all three of those quarterbacks.

Miami will just be another team until they find their franchise quarterback. I would draft Ryan if the draft were today. Also, please bring more to the argument than stats when stating why they should or should not draft him.

excellent post.

if every post that supported Ryan was like that, I would have no complaints. it just seems like the mob mentality is to assume that he's a franchise QB because he's the top rated guy this year.

with that said, I respectfully disagree. I'm not one to pretend that I personally know a lot about these guys or that I study all their game tape or anything. But based off of everything I see and read, I don't think of him as high of a prospect as you do. I would put him below Young and Lienart, and about even with Cutler and Quinn. I would definately put him ahead of Smith and Rogers. And going back a little further, he would also be behind Manning, Roethlisberger and Palmer (maybe even with Rivers)

I would definitely put him in front of Leinart, Cutler, Quinn, Rodgers, Smith, and Rivers. However, I agree that it would be much closer with Manning, Roethlisberger and Young.

I did not look at Palmer, yet, I believe pretty strongly that Palmer would be rated higher than Ryan because of his arm strength and better athleticism.

The bottom line is that I believe strongly that Matt Ryan is going to be one of the elite quarterbacks in this league within four years. His accuracy, poise, work ethic, and toughness are just too good. I fear Miami would really regret it if they passed on him. Especially if they pass on him for Jake Long.

I would definitely put him in front of Leinart, Cutler, Quinn, Rodgers, Smith, and Rivers. However, I agree that it would be much closer with Manning, Roethlisberger and Young.

I did not look at Palmer, yet, I believe pretty strongly that Palmer would be rated higher than Ryan because of his arm strength and better athleticism.

The bottom line is that I believe strongly that Matt Ryan is going to be one of the elite quarterbacks in this league within four years. His accuracy, poise, work ethic, and toughness are just too good. I fear Miami would really regret it if they passed on him. Especially if they pass on him for Jake Long.

one concern I have about him is that he only played at a high level for 1 year.....in '06 he only had 15 TD to 10 INT.

Looking back, he wasn't really viewed as a top prospect until after this year. A few 08 projections I could find from last summer, don't even project him as a 1st rounder. The one QB rankings I could find had him as the 6th rated QB. Trust me, I know all the flaws in using those kinds of mocks and rankings....but I'm just trying to illustrate that he really wasn't considered elite until this year. thoughts?

Ryan played with a broken foot on a bad offensive football team in 2006 and still had 15 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Plus, let us not forget that Carson Palmer was a turnover machine until he got some talent and a good coaching staff around him as a senior. Palmer had 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions as a junior. He had 16 touchdowns and 18 interceptions as a sophomore.

I would be very surprised if Matt Ryan was not highly rated by scouts going into his senior season. The facts that the media did not pick up on it is not that surprising. They are late all the time.

I

I realize there are others on this board who think automatically being the best QB makes you the #1 pick, I just don't agree with that fallacy.

That's a convenient argument. Diminsh the intelligence of those who disagree. Obviously the only reason anybody could posssibly want Ryan is because he's rated the top QB. It couldnt possibly be because they have seen the guy play and feel he's a potential franchise QB. It couldnt possibly be because they have compared him to the others available and deemed him the best of the lot

Back
Top Bottom