Enough of this with Philip Rivers not able to throw the long one!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Enough of this with Philip Rivers not able to throw the long one!!

Man, all this talk about the QB's is making me dizzy. There is a chance that the doplhins might not even take a QB. I want them to take one, but they might not and if they do, it could be in the 3rd round. I just somehow don't think that we'll take Rivers.Is just a feeling and I actually like Picket better.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Actually that has always been his weakness.He tends to overthrow his WR on his deep throws.

That's fine....that can be tweaked....much better than throwing it too short and getting picked like a cotton field.

I was talking about Tom Brady not Rivers.

Originally posted by minus

Actually that has always been his weakness.He tends to overthrow his WR on his deep throws(Tom Brady).

i live in CT (NE), and watched all their games (since the dolphins were on a lot, cuz the pats didn't play at the same time) and i can tell you thats BS. he hits the longball as good as anyone.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i live in CT (NE), and watched all their games (since the dolphins were on a lot, cuz the pats didn't play at the same time) and i can tell you thats BS. he hits the longball as good as anyone.

Well according to many writers that is his main weakness and I've seen missed on his deep throws many times.Any ways people don't understand that having 2:1 ratio on deep throw is about as good as you can get.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
Thanks gray good post. but can anyone find me a video highlight of philip rivers game.. ANY?

Here's some shots from the tangerine bowl. The most notable pass they show is his 40 yard TD pass. That could have been from the 10 yard line and it still would have scored, though it went to the 1. It was only a 40 yard pass, but that's the longest one they showed. He had 2 over 50 in that game. What is notable is the fact that he hit the receiver PERFECTLY in stride.

http://www.kusports.com/news/2003bowl/story/108934

Same station not quite as good footage, but it has miscellaneous throws by rivers throughout the season. one good shot of his pocket awareness, and ball placement on a sideline pass.

Edit: Forgot the link :D

http://www.kusports.com/news/2003bowl/story/108782

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if you want to see a clip of Philip Rivers throwing a deep ball, watch any clips package from the Senior Bowl. He hit a receiver in stride at about 45 yards -- play went 65 yards total.

Originally posted by bg34
If we pass on Rivers, we will all regret it for many, many years.

yep....whoever gets Rivers will be getting a QB who can start and win for them for the next decade.

Originally posted by minus

Well according to many writers that is his main weakness and I've seen missed on his deep throws many times.Any ways people don't understand that having 2:1 ratio on deep throw is about as good as you can get.

A lot of talk about Brady's long throws were from last year. This year he has been money!
Most of what I've read is that he does not have the strongest arm, but It plenty strong enough.

As for the last part, I'll take even a little lower than that since the ratio in Miami has been about 2 long balls in 4 years!

:D

Back
Top Bottom