Ephraim Saalam | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ephraim Saalam

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
Hes 6 ft 7, 295 pounds. Hes still only 27 years old and was drafted high out of college. Hes had an up and down career, but apparantly improved a lot for the Broncos this past season (nonetheless they elected not to resign him).

Since hes coming into town today, does anyone have any insight on him? IMO he seems too small to play right tackle. At the same time, I think the FO is set with Wade Smith on the left side, so Im not sure where hes meant to fit in.

Thoughts?

Salaam was terrible in Atlanta.He was a terrible pass blocker and he also isn't that good in the run blocking.Also has had past knee injuries.
The reason the Broncos signed him was the fact he has quick feet.
The Broncos OL philosphy is on quickness and technique and that is why they have the lightest OL in the league.
And the reason the Broncos cut him besides his salary is they got last years 1st pick George Foster waiting in the wings.

Jason Taylor and Mixon/Bromell kicked his butt down in Miami in 2001. Remember those two personal foul calls for pulling off face masks in one series?? And I think he did it to Surtain too....and Pat got the PF flag for retaliating.

Salaam would be way down the list for me, like a 4th or 5th option at best. I'd rather have Solomon Page and he isn't even on Rick's radar yet if at all.
But if we sign other than The McIntosh Man for RT, I'll be disappointed.

How I'd want them
1. Big Mac
2. Greg Randall
3. Zeus
4. Solomon Page
5. Salaam

Since they canceled with Meadows, I would guess that they have pretty much decided to target one of the guys who's already been here. Big Mac or Zeus

My prediction is Dolphins will end up signing McIntosh at RT and B.Williams or Cosey Coleman at G.
FO is trying to get younger and tougher at the OL
If they get 2 of the 3 it would make 1 great run blocking line.

Originally posted by 4THand10
My prediction is Dolphins will end up signing McIntosh at RT and B.Williams or Cosey Coleman at G.
FO is trying to get younger and tougher at the OL
If they get 2 of the 3 it would make 1 great run blocking line.

yeah mcIntosh just seems to be the guy who fits. I would be happy to see James, Williams, and McIntosh. The noname status should really piss some people off, but i think its more important to get young talent at better money. The difference between great OL and "average" linemen isnt much. I mean, TExas thinks they got a great T but we all know he has been "average".

would not mind brown either he is huge and played in a running offense with lewis, makintosh has to be the other option. worst part we should have resigned wade, not doing it was dumb

Originally posted by Bonedoc7777
would not mind brown either he is huge and played in a running offense with lewis, makintosh has to be the other option. worst part we should have resigned wade, not doing it was dumb

I diasgree. Wade was not worth a $10 million signing bonus. His play was mediocre last season. Id rather see us pay a guy like Mcintosh or Brown half that and watch them perform just as adequately as Wade. I agree its tough losing a starting linemen, but its no reason to start overpaying and throwing around money that the guy doesnt deserve.

Wade wasn't worth the money

but Miami has to find an adequate replacement...
at right tackle...I don't think Salaam is that...

I do think that MacIntosh would be.

How bout a trade?

Big O says he talked to his agent and the Dolphins did indeed cancel the visit.

Wade was playing out the string here last year , instead of picking it up and improving he regressed in ways from his rookie year.

After his first season the sky seemed the limit for him , but for a variety of reasons he never became dominant , as he certainly could have . That has to show some indication of how hard he wanted to work , how motivated he was , and what a fat paycheck would do...... I think Miami feared he would get big money and NEVER earn it....

He was good , solid and will be a challenge to replace but I agree on spending mega dollars if you are not getting fair value in return.

McIntosh would be a very good fit I believe , and if we sign him at a decent value contract I have to think we are further ahead , both in effectiveness and cap value than if we had capitualated to Todd Wade.

Only spend above average dollars on above average productivity.

There is no try ....you do , or you don't..........

Back
Top Bottom