Ephraim Saalam | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ephraim Saalam

Didn't someone say that McIntosh said he wanted the West Coast? What would it take to change his mind or was that report wrong?

I'm still concerned that Big Mac would sign here after saying he was all but done with contract negotiations with Oakland and stating he wanted to stay on the west coast. I know the FO persuaded him to come here and this is his old hometown but I wonder if he will sign here or not. I hope so.

Yeah if Mac would sign here it would take the sting out of losing Tait. Tait definitely better, but Mac is very good and solid, better than Wade to me. Letting Wade go was smart to me, even if he does well in Houston, why? Because he didnt prove he was worth that bonus nor salary, he capitalized on the market. Good for him, he got what he wanted, the FO did the right thing IMO. Getting Mac would show that the FO is in fact working hard and being aggressive.

I agree on McIntosh. I didn't know that he had a tricep injury last year. Anyway he's a good run blocker. And he's young and apparently getting better.

Meadows is falling off. He's 30 and not even a starter. He's racking up injuries. And he ever was a mauler or a road-grader to begin with.

Someone made a good point on QAM awhile ago about Wade. If you sign a guy who's good in the run game and deficient in pass protection, you're essentially getting Todd Wade, but at a lower price. PLUS.....McIntosh has played alot (if not soley) at LT. So you know you're getting an upgrade in the pass protection department.

I say get him in here.

I'd also like the Mack(sounds like a Pc)and hope we can keep him here. Get him to sing before he leaves town.

Smith
James
Seth
Carey/Snee/Locklear
Mack

I'd be happy with that o-line

Ozzy rules!!

If we sign McIntosh we better sign another RT as well to play in the five games Mc misses each year to injury.

Don't get me wrong, anyone who reads my posts knows I love him and want him to play RT here. I'd like to sign all these young guys who have a chance to improve, as opposed to all these guys we had in here who were getting WORSE each and every year.

German isnt horrible and can hold his own, getting Mac is teh concern, he is the last best young option available in FA. I like the post previously that had us drafting Carey. I would be very happy with the o-line if it was:

LT Smith
LG James
C McKinney
RG Carey
RT McIntosh

Back
Top Bottom