Eric Winston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Winston

DaPoppaP23

Starter
Reaction score
if we don't get the chance to upgrade our OL by drafting Winston Justice or by signing a veteran... does anybody think that Saban will give Eric Winston (the OT from the U) a look to see if maybe if could fill our OL void... he's another big guy that could add depth and possibly start for us

he's a starter first of all a Hell of a player when healthy but we dont have a 2nd and will be long gone in the 3rd! we wont take him at that spot

maybe we could pick him up as a UFA. Damn that's harsh. I like the guy, he seems very intelligent & nice, but he's going to be eaten alive by athletic DE's in the "League". He just is.

He's a RT primarily and has short arms, something that the coaching staff just don't dig.

I dont think he is for us. I wouldnt draft him. Just not first ound talent

Have u guys done your homework one this guy, bc all the sites i read say that if he can get back to form pre injury then this guy could be a steal at the bottom of the first round

offensive line

personaly i think our line is going to better with hudson houck in his second
year .:dolphins:

What are you guys talking about? Winston was predicted top 5 last year until he blew his knee out. The only reason he has plummeted is because he hasn't came back to full speed after the injury.

He was athletic enough to get recruited to Miami as a tight end. He was talented enough to be a top 5 pick after his junior year. He is just not lucky enough to come back to full speed after his injury.

However, I still think he will be a steal because the second year after a major injury is always the breakout year. He will be a second rounder that has a huge impact for whatever team picks him.

DaPoppaP23 said:
if we don't get the chance to upgrade our OL by drafting Winston Justice or by signing a veteran... does anybody think that Saban will give Eric Winston (the OT from the U) a look to see if maybe if could fill our OL void... he's another big guy that could add depth and possibly start for us

Not with the first pick, and he'll be long gone by the 3rd round...only chance is if we trade down.

I agree with the people talking about him in the first round. This guy was a major talent before his injury last year. I remember somebody, Kehoe I believe, saying that Winston was the best tackle he's ever coached (this includes Mount McKinnie and Vernon Carey).
He's a risk and a reach for us, and I'd rather have a guy on defense. I like him a lot, and would love to get him, but we have other needs. He is definitely a steal for whoever takes him.

DolfanChris06 said:
he's a starter first of all a Hell of a player when healthy but we dont have a 2nd and will be long gone in the 3rd! we wont take him at that spot

He's not a hell of a player. I'm a UM fan and quite frankly he did not impress me at all this season. I saw him get beat fairly frequently by pretty average DE's. He didn't look the least bit dominant.
I see him as a very average NFL OT.
I think the Phins would do well to pass on him.
I'd rather see the Phins trade down and pick up Mangold. Now he's an O-lineman that I see as a potentially special player.

Back
Top Bottom