Eric Winston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Winston

DolphanD said:
What do you guys think of Jonathan Scott from UT?

Good, but just like with Eric Winston, not with # 16...Justice, yes.

oldfinfan said:
Good, but just like with Eric Winston, not with # 16...Justice, yes.
yea but know theres a report that the Jets really like him and are possibly thinking of drafting him

DaPoppaP23 said:
yea but know theres a report that the Jets really like him and are possibly thinking of drafting him

Which one...Eric Winston or Justice...either one in my opinion will be way too high with # 4...but, if they do draft either one eith their 1st pick (4th overall), it just shows that there are idiots running the Jets...

DaPoppaP23 said:

As a fan of Jon Scott I would hate to see him in one of those ugly green uni's. :tantrum:

oldfinfan said:
Which one...Eric Winston or Justice...either one in my opinion will be way too high with # 4...but, if they do draft either one eith their 1st pick (4th overall), it just shows that there are idiots running the Jets...
Winston...

oldfinfan said:

No, with their later 1st rounder they got from the Abraham deal. #29 I believe. -- That would be funny if they took Eric, Justice, or Scott with the 4th overall!

DolphanD said:
As a fan of Jon Scott I would hate to see him in one of those ugly green uni's. :tantrum:
i would hate to see any player of value or talent wearing those puke green uni's

DaPoppaP23 said:
i would hate to see any player of value or talent wearing those puke green uni's

And it always seems to be a player from the U like Vilma or Santana Moss.

DolphanD said:
Or is there a rumor the Jets would take Justice with the 4th overall?
i'm not real sure if it was with the 4th but its illogical to assume its not with the 4th because he won't be around for too long... they really like his athleticism

DolphanD said:
No, with their later 1st rounder they got from the Abraham deal. #29 I believe. -- That would be funny if they took Eric, Justice, or Scott with the 4th overall!

That makes more sense...but. I still think Justice will not be there at 29th...Winston and Scott, probably.

jlfin said:
He's not a hell of a player. I'm a UM fan and quite frankly he did not impress me at all this season. I saw him get beat fairly frequently by pretty average DE's. He didn't look the least bit dominant.
I see him as a very average NFL OT.
I think the Phins would do well to pass on him.
I'd rather see the Phins trade down and pick up Mangold. Now he's an O-lineman that I see as a potentially special player.

Thats because, in case you didn't watch the 2004 games, he had a major ACL tear. Last year was his first year back from the injury.

In 9/10 cases of an ACL tear your first year is a major down year. Pretty much every player vastly improves in their second year. So I predict he will be the number 1 steal for offensive linemen for the 2006 draft class if he is taken in the second.

NJL52 said:
Thats because, in case you didn't watch the 2004 games, he had a major ACL tear. Last year was his first year back from the injury.

In 9/10 cases of an ACL tear your first year is a major down year. Pretty much every player vastly improves in their second year. So I predict he will be the number 1 steal for offensive linemen for the 2006 draft class if he is taken in the second.

I watch every year, but the fact is, that at times he looked horrible this past season.
I didn't expect him to dominate, but I did expect him to hold his own. However, there were a few games where he just looked awful.
He's definitely not worth an early to mid 1st rd pick. In fact, I think he's a mid 2nd rd to 3rd rd guy.
I'd be happy if we got him with our 3rd rd pick, but for some to suggest he's worth the 16th pick after the Sr. year he had is just crazy.

Winston Justice won't get out of the top 12. Jon Scott is a waist bending lunger, more suited to the right side whose technique at times is awful. Winston is a 2nd round RT who should have stayed a TE.

Boomer said:
Winston Justice won't get out of the top 12. Jon Scott is a waist bending lunger, more suited to the right side whose technique at times is awful. Winston is a 2nd round RT who should have stayed a TE.

Your right winston shoulda stayed at TE....he was next in line.

Back
Top Bottom