ESPN.com senior writer Len Pasquarelli reported on Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com senior writer Len Pasquarelli reported on Monday

Carolina_Dolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ESPN.com senior writer Len Pasquarelli reported on Monday that no matter how the rest of the season plays out, the Dolphins have already decided to make quarterback their top offseason priority.

Pasquarelli went on to note that even though the coaching staff goes to great lengths to defend Fiedler, it knows, as does management that he isn't going to be a guy who ever gets the franchise to a Super Bowl.

There has been plenty of talk about Mark Brunell wanting to play in Miami, but there are serious obstacles to such a move taking place. The preference is to get a veteran for a year or so, maybe even Griese if he reduces his financial demands, although no one is sold on him yet, either.

But the push will be to get a quarterback in the draft, perhaps even the first round, or to trade for a young guy, like Drew Henson.

There are financial ramifications, too, with Fiedler. He is due a $2 million option bonus by next March 14, is scheduled to earn a base salary of $5.775 million, and has a cap charge of $7.57 million.

And according to Pasquarelli: "He's just not worth it. He's like the little girl with the curl. When he's good, he's good. But when he's bad, like (on Sunday), well, you know the rest. ..."

he was very good on sunday. 60% completions 230 yards.. that 2nd pick should have never happened if mare kicks the first FG (he slipped i know but still).

he needs restructing anyway... 7.5 is insane.

Drew henson... nuff said. either him or BJ simmons (i know it's spelt different).

HENSON BABY!

Wouldn't mind Tim Couch..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
HENSON BABY!

Wouldn't mind Tim Couch..
yeah i have thought about him. i think he is just in a bad spot in clev.

he is great on the road and awful at home. this is because the fans give him no mercy and the pressure just builds. they've hated him for a long time now and it's gotten to him. i would love to have the guy...

even so no matter WHO we get, JF has to be on this team. whether he is a backup or not.. he could be the very best backup in the NFL (and imo in the middle for starters). but his deal needs to be TRIMMED.

Fiedler shoudl pack his bags this weekend. He was terrible in the NE game. I don't know what you were watching. You can't dismiss the 2 picks because fo the missed FGs. That is like saying if Jay hits a TD then the FG doesn't have to take place. Bottom line is when the time comes your stars have to make the plays that win games. Jay just doesn't do that. He misses WRs all the time. He just doesn't make plays.

I like Phillip Rivers out of NC State. He will almost certainly be available when the Phins pick (#32). :D

Oooooh I would like to have Tim Couch. Butch Davis seems to be in love with Kelly Holcomb, so getting Couch could be possible. I know one possible destination for Couch could have been Dallas, but if Qunicy Carter keeps playing like he has, that wouldn't happen.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Fiedler shoudl pack his bags this weekend. He was terrible in the NE game. I don't know what you were watching. You can't dismiss the 2 picks because fo the missed FGs. That is like saying if Jay hits a TD then the FG doesn't have to take place. Bottom line is when the time comes your stars have to make the plays that win games. Jay just doesn't do that. He misses WRs all the time. He just doesn't make plays.

The 2nd pick was no big deal. It was on 3rd down and really just as good as a punt.

I don't know what you were watching either. Suggest you go the the thread titled Tale of the Tape. First pick was on deep ball to DT that hit him right in the hands. Possible interference that wasn't called but the ball was right on the money. But I guess Fiedler gets the blame for a receivers screw up. Jay was so terrible that he put together a 70 yd. drive in the 4th quarter to give Olindo the FG. Jay was so terrible that he put together another long drive in OT to give Olindo another shot. No blame goes to play calling, no blame goes to receivers, no blame goes to the O line and damned sure no blame goes to a defense that that has Marion and Knight covering Troy Brown. It's all Fiedlers fault so he should just pack his bags. I love it.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

I don't know what you were watching either. Suggest you go the the thread titled Tale of the Tape. First pick was on deep ball to DT that hit him right in the hands. Possible interference that wasn't called but the ball was right on the money. But I guess Fiedler gets the blame for a receivers screw up. Jay was so terrible that he put together a 70 yd. drive in the 4th quarter to give Olindo the FG. Jay was so terrible that he put together another long drive in OT to give Olindo another shot. No blame goes to play calling, no blame goes to receivers, no blame goes to the O line and damned sure no blame goes to a defense that that has Marion and Knight covering Troy Brown. It's all Fiedlers fault so he should just pack his bags. I love it.

Yes!! You are 100% correct!! EVERY SINGLE LOSS is Jay Fiedler's fault!! He is responsible for every single thing that happens on the field.....the defensive breakdowns, the Mare misses, the suspect play-calling, EVERYTHING!! And when he wins, which is what, 70% of the time, it's all in spite of him. He has never done ANYTHING to help this team, only hurt it!!

:rolleyes:

i think you should pack your bags.:lol:

bottom line ladies is that JF is not sexy and never was sexy. peyton manning can throw 20 INTS two years in a row and he is still sexy. its time to get a sexy QB. and i dont mean drew henson either.......:lol: mark brunell. break the bank. sell off jay and griese (not better IMO) and get the man who wants to make a diff and can. mark brunnell. oh and while were at it.....dont resign chambers and mcnight and get rid of 3/5ths of our line. time to rebuild ladies........why? cus we fans have already given up.. why dont we just lose teh rest of the games so we can make alot of people happy while were at it.

Pasquarelli went on to note that even though the coaching staff goes to great lengths to defend Fiedler, it knows, as does management that he isn't going to be a guy who ever gets the franchise to a Super Bowl.
It looks like the Fiedler-Lovers are now the last to realize this. I'm not a Fiedler-Hater, but I, along with others, have known this for a couple years now and, no, I did not call for Lucas. I, for one, am relived. This is a sign of good things to come. Maybe not this year, maybe not even next year, but at least the mindset has changed. And, no, I’m not scrapping this year.

Jay played a decent game last sunday. the loss doesnt fall on his shoulders i agree... i dont know if Pasquarelli even watched that game. but it is good to hear that the wheels are in motion for next season though. he isnt worth 5.75 mill against the cap, or whatever hsi cap figure will be...

Back
Top Bottom