ESPN Continues to hate on us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Continues to hate on us

I thought the stadium was rockin on Sunday night. I think it was one of the first times EVER I saw an opposing QB (Ramsey) pluging his earholes in Joe Robbie. Usually the noise is not a factor for opposing teams, but I can't talk smack .... I've never been there.

As for this ESPN 'hatin' on us' stuff. Get over yourselves. If you can't take an opinion that differs from yours I suggest you turn the TV off. I think ESPN is pretty fair about their coverage, they KNOWINGLY do not attack any one player or team in the interests of not ostercising themselves from an organization.

Originally posted by grooves12
I am not from Miami, but from what I see from watching the games on DirecTV's sunday ticket. The analysts are RIGHT. Miami has to have THE worst fans in the league.

The stadium is EMPTY after half-time win or lose. They are also QUIET unless the team is dominating someone.

That is simply false. I've been to a LOT of games, and the stadium is not empty after half-time unless the game is out of reach. And the fans are NOT quiet unless it's a horrible, boring game (like the Ravens game).

For the most part I agree, however, the fans were into this last game even when we were down 20-10. It was rocking and rolling. Also, when we went into overtime against the Ravens, the place was pretty fired up as well. It doesn't get as loud as say K.C. or Tennessee, but our fans can get pretty boistorous when we want to.

I was suprised by Sunday night.

With us trailing by 10 and the way our O was playing..I'm quite suprised a lot of people didn't leave. I was actually kinda stoked that the crowd was very into it on D.

Also, I leave at halftime to go smoke a cig and what not..never do I get food. Too expensive and to long of lines. I dunno, a lot of people like to stand outside and do their own thing :confused:

I think a major problem with the noise factor is that JRS is not a truly built football stadium. The fans are so far back from the field and the stadium is bowed out so far that the noise escapes. I have been to other venues to watch the Phins and one in particular, Fedex, is noisy because the fans are right on top on the field.
Miami does seem like it has some laid back fans but the 6 games I have been to JRS has been quite loud but not compared to other stadiums I have be in.

I might be talking out my arse, but I recall ESPN putting together a list of best teams in all of sports (fan experience, prices etc) I think we were 6th. I think ESPN is pretty fair and unbiased. (here comes the onslaught of haters, let me have it!!)

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
That thing about opposing teams filling our stadium is a myth.

I have season tickets.....and the opposing fans are always around 2,000 at a maximum.

I have been to the meadowlands and it sounded like JRS....if you want to see the opposing fans pack a place...watch anywhere the fins play.

Sorry I have to disagree with you I have been down to Athe AFC Championship game against the Bills and there were probably 60/40 Fins/Bills fans, I was at teh Jets game last year and it was about the same,

But the worst was this years Patriot game, if you have a tape of the game go back and listen the Patriot fans were way louder then the Fin fans, when Mare missed that FG in OT (I Couldn't see from my end) the roar of the crowd was so loud I honestly thought he made it, that was really sad to hear.

I can understand the Bills and Jets having alot of fans, there are many transplants from up here, but Pats fans that is unreal.

JRS is quiet? The fans are lame? What other venues are folks comparing us to? The Dolphins crowd is a damn good one.
People always envision Green Bay, Oakland or KC when thinking of great fans and they ARE great fans. But after that, many stadiums are about the same, including JRS.

The place gets loud, the fans are off their tush when they oughtta be, the joint almost always sells out and when it's time to make noise, Dolfans scream and yell as well as any fans in the NFL.

I've been to 6 different venues, none better than Miami. Some maybe the same, but none better. You want lame? Folks think Dolfans are weak, fickle? I live in Atlanta and the Falcons fans are so pathetic it defies comparison. All bandwagon, no passion.
Miami should be proud of their home crowd. Make no doubt.

J

do you guys forget that south florida has probably the biggest mix of cultures and snow birds? how many folks are actually born here in miami? other teams like kc, like dallas etc have a good fan base because, all do respect who the heck wants to move to kc unless they have too? those fans are rooted in their team since they are born basically. i have been to a ton of fin games as a 10 yr season tix holder and have seen many dads bring their sons to the games.. the dads are wearing an opposing teams cap and the kids are dolphin fans. We need to accept that this town is full of transplants who came in their mid 20's early 30's from other cities and already had a team they followed.. if this team were in the midwest they would have some loud rowdy fans.. always take in to acct the demographics of a city before you bash the fans. I know when i am there i scream , I get up and cheer and i talk smack to the opposing fans (all in good fun).

another thing you have to take into account is architecture and the fact that miami dolphins games attract alot of families, and i dont think i have ever seen a guy with a 6 year old kid going nuts on a ref. And the guy who said miami dolphins had the worst fans, go to a game at jrs, i used to have season tickets when i lived there, people in your section knew your name, all cheered loudly, and were loud on third down. please dont say that stuff if you have never been.

also having gone to a few bills games that werent against the dolphins, they re crowd sucks let me tell you, they get drunk and fight themselfs. they are uneducated fans for the most part and i would never take a little kid to one of there games, some of the trashiest people i have ever seen. you can be a rowdy fan with out being a dirtball and i dont think the bills fans have realized that.

This crap is so old and tired. I have been going to games for years. The fans here represent well. One of the other posts nailed it. Its because you can't get service at the stadium concession. It is impossible to get through and get back by the second half. Every time I go to a Fin game it is jamming. Unless of course we are losing. But that's not unique to us.
That crap has been invented by all the northeasterners. They think they invented sports. Because they cram10 million people into one city the size of Boca Raton, they think they are the epicenter for sports. That is why the media is biased against Miami. They all want that NY flavor and NY favor. They hate the Canes, they hate the Fins, and now they REALLY hate the Marlins. Most of the national writers like Pasquarelli and Prisco use to be beat writers for the Bills and the Pats etc. That connection runs deep into ESPN and all the major networks. They naturally carry over their hatred for the Fins. I mean look at how last week everyone had a piece about how bad we are and how much in disarray we are and on and on. This week we pull out a win and not one writer featured us. Not Prisco, Not Clayton, I mean no one. All you see is people talking about Keyshawn. If they can't dance on our grave then they sit it out. That's why we have to win it all soon. If they won't give us our respect then it is up to us to go out and take it from them. Like the Marlins did.

Do you believe in miracles?

Why is it that both of our prime time games, ESPN had a player from the other team miked up? I mean where's the love? Thats just wrong.
But hey, both times they [Spikes, Arington] looked like fools for running all that smack.
:lol:

I have been to about 7 games in JRS, and 2 at the meadowlands. First of all, there seems to be about one opposing fan per section. In the meadowlands, there are so many Dolphins fans there, it's easy to cheer and talk smack. When we play the Jets next year, make a point to look at the fans on the Dolphins sideline....they are ALL fins fans.

Also, the meadowlands NEVER gets louder than pro player does. Also, they only ever get loud of 3rd down, as opposed to the games I've been to at Pro Player when the defense is out there on a big drive, we are loud on 1st 2nd and 3rd down.

I went to the Atlanta game 2 years ago when Vick came in for an injured Chandler, and that is when the defense had 2 goal line stands and like 4 INTs. it was insane, the ground below my feet was vibrating that stadium was so damn loud.

Back
Top Bottom