ESPN-Is Donald Driver a possibility in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN-Is Donald Driver a possibility in Miami?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Earlier this morning, NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert caught my eye with a blog post detailing the contract situation with Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver. The Packers are unsure about Driver's future in Green Bay and most likely will restructure his contract or release the receiver.

If it's the latter, could Driver land in Miami? There are natural ties to suggest the Dolphins would be interested.

For starters, Miami rookie head coach Joe Philbin was Driver's offensive coordinator for five seasons in Green Bay. Second, Driver is a prototype West Coast receiver, which is something Miami doesn't have on its roster. In fact, the Dolphins don't have any proven receiver on their roster. I detailed those issues over the weekend.

The downside is Driver is 37 and doesn't have much time left. But he would be a good fit in Miami for the short term. Driver is an experienced veteran who knows the offense and can be a good mentor to the younger receivers. If Driver needs a job in several weeks, there's a starting position waiting for him in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/41708/is-donald-driver-a-possibility-for-miami

I saw that. It would be a good pick-up.

He would help the other wr's get the new system and help out whoever the starting qb is as well.

Would be an ideal pickup on a short term basis to help the other WR's learn the offense and bring something extra to the depth chart.

would only take a roster spot and playing time away from younger guys that we need to see and evaluate. really not high on the idea of signing a 37 yr old wideout.

time to move on from old and slow. Donald was a great WR up until 2 years ago. 37 is way too old to consider giving him a precious WR spot, esp when we have a lot of young guys who need reps and experience.

hmm ... Driver has uncertain future in Green Bay, whilst Miami (whose HC just happens to be Green Bays former OC) are very thin at the receiver position.

I'm not buying it. Media outlets are bound to put two and two together to get four.

if this was 2002 Donald Driver, then yes... We have a lot of young talent that need to get there feet wet. I don't think we are making a big push this year anyways, so I'd pass.

With so much depth at TE and RB... and with everyone pre-draft clamoring over our WR position, to me it adds up to maybe only carrying 4 or 5 WRs this year. With 2 draft picks, I don't think you add Driver to an already crowded and potentially de-emphasized WR core. Leave the few spots you have to youth.

cmon guys, we need a name to pump our chests with

What talent would we be giving up a spot to? Pruitt? Wallace? Moore? Those guys have shown nothing. As for Hartline I would dump him in a second. He has no YAC ability which is instrumental in a WCO. Donald Driver at 37 is better then any WR on the Fins roster.

What talent would we be giving up a spot to? Pruitt? Wallace? Moore? Those guys have shown nothing. As for Hartline I would dump him in a second. He has no YAC ability which is instrumental in a WCO. Donald Driver at 37 is better then any WR on the Fins roster.
I'd stake a VIP membership on Hartline being our best and more productive reciever this year, esp in the yac catagory.

Back
Top Bottom