ESPN is now reporting the Carter deal and I have a link!!!!!!! (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN is now reporting the Carter deal and I have a link!!!!!!! (merged)

im a little torn over this, because oronde has always been one of my favorites but i guess thats the way it goes

anyway i cant wait to see if cris is any good anymore, at least both CC will benefit from this.

Gadsden is done, so I am 100% cool with this deal. Looks like we'll have two CCs on the team and one of the best receiving duo's in the league. Imagine what a job Carter could do mentoring Chambers some? I'm stoked....

Miami demonstrated interested in Carter during the offseason. Ironically, the plan was to sign Carter to a short-term contract and to release Oronde Gadsden. But Gadsden was injured at the time, the team could not cut him while he was hurt, and the plans never materialized. It now appears that Gadsden, who ruptured a ligament in his left wrist last weekend, will opt for season-ending surgery, unless the Dolphins present him a contract extension offer to his satisfaction.

Now THAT is very very interesting. In retrospect I kind of wish they had carried out that plan and gotten rid of Gadsden earlier. I really think he's been a disappoitment this season. He makes INCREDIBLE plays, but what good is that if these plays are few and far between? I think I'd rather have a guy that can help out more full-time...take some of the load off Chris Chambers.

By the way it remains to be seen whether or not that "guy that can help out more full-time...take some of the load off Chris Chambers" is in actuality Cris Carter.

I'm not sure if Cris still has stuff left in him or not, but if not I'm confident that James McKnight does.

yeah like the bang up job he did mentoring in minnesota ... he
turned the most talented player in the nfl into a nut job

Carter is a selfish player and Chambers and your team would be better off w/o him

Yeah, because Randy Moss' behavior before he entered the league sure was stellar.

If anything, Randy has been a SAINT since coming to the NFL, as compared to all the **** he pulled in college that led to him having to play for Marshall. And if you really want to get down to it, the worst thing that Randy has done to date in the NFL, came AFTER Cris Carter was no longer around to "mentor" him

Originally posted by BlackJohn
yeah like the bang up job he did mentoring in minnesota ... he
turned the most talented player in the nfl into a nut job

Carter is a selfish player and Chambers and your team would be better off w/o him

Not trying to be a homer here... because you may very well be right.. but, sometimes a change of teams/scenery/venues whatever you want to call it, can make all the difference in the world.. a few cases in point:

Ricky Williams
Drew Bledsoe
Priest Holmes

going back further...

Marshall Faulk

I'm hoping this works out well for CC and the Dolphins... I'm still a little wary, but I'd like to think Carter can make a solid, positive contribution to the team.

I GOT THREE WORDS FOR YA!!!!!!

ALL RIGHT MIAMI!!!!!!!!!

The problem with carter is that he wanted the offense to go through him .... (thats why he and moss and colpeeper were always bickering on the sidelines something that moss and colpeeper still do) when any two bit fan can see that Moss is the most dynamic talent in the NFL.

Ohh ... and remember colpeeper's first year Carter was whining all offseason because he wanted a veteran QB throwing him the ball ...pulease all mighty Carter (not suprising that he couldn't see the talent that his young qb possessed from watching him in practice ... he must've been too busy admiring his own catches)

This just shows what type of person he is .... one heck of a football player though .... but no wonder so many teams passed him over this offseson including yours.

Your FO should just concentrate on developing the players it already has ... look at patten in NE ... once they got rid of glenn he became a solid #2 receiver instead of bringing in a potential cancer into the locker room of a very successful team.

Oh yeah and he already got a change of scenery ... remember him in philly? it sure didn't change the person he was

David Patten played for the Cleveland Browns and had a few nice plays but then got dumped.

New England picked him up and he has "blossomed" But nonetheless he belongs in the crowd of people that benefitted from a change of scenery.

Welcome aboard Cris Carter!:) :D :cool: :p :band: :rocker: :jumper: :cooldude: :drinkers: :rocker:

Originally posted by BlackJohn
Oh yeah and he already got a change of scenery ... remember him in philly? it sure didn't change the person he was

Are you retarded??

Carter was a drug addict in Philly. He also battled alcohol. Now Carter is the picture of good living and physical fitness. Yeah, he's the same person he was in Philly.

Back
Top Bottom