ESPN is now reporting the Carter deal and I have a link!!!!!!! (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN is now reporting the Carter deal and I have a link!!!!!!! (merged)

My point was that he came on very strong towards the end of the year as he got more playing time ... he made a lot of clutch catches for NE down the stretch and got both receiving TD's for the pats in the playoffs ... on the same play nonetheless.

More to the point Carter isn't exactly a long term solution at wr ... it looks like ward could be a good wr if he got playing time and miami would benefit later in the year from his development and in the next few years too.

While Carter can come in and be effective i'd venture to say that his selfishness and the fact that gadsen basically got disrespected for this guy wont sit well in the locker room.

Remember a lot of teams were interested in him this offseason ... so no one doubts the guy can play but his head must not be screwed on straight if he bungled all of them up.

An interesting tidbit is that a lot of peoplearound the league felt that the most remarkable thing about NE's run last year was the team overcoming all the turnover in playing time during the season ... bledsoe/brady, Johnson/Bruschi, Cox, and the glenn saga which were different from tebucky jones, A. Smith, and the O-line, R seymour beating out competition for their spots.

So with carter replacing gadsen and a potential QB situation things could get dicey in the locker room down in miami

black john you are simply an idiot......

chris carter is the second leading receiver in the entire life and existence of the NFL.. the guy has stayed in shape as he ALWAYS does and i think it is a MIRACLE if they sign him..

Next monday night may be the most watched game of ANY in NFL history with green bay and Favre..... If the phins take care of business sunday and Green bay wins it could be a early superbowl.

BOOOOO yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i am shocked and can't believe it. i liked Gadsden but he is not any where near a Chris carter. Chris does it all and without injury and has good speed still.............. This could be one of the better starting tandems in the NFL by the end of the year at wide out..

Carter Agrees in Principle
Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have agreed with WR Cris Carter in principle on an incentive-based deal. However, there are still some items that need to be finished before it's a done deal. There's a chance he could be in the team's lineup the first game following next week's BYE.

Carter, who turns 37 next month, is the NFL's second all-time leading receiver with 1,093 catches for 13,833 yards and 129 touchdowns.

<<Next monday night may be the most watched game of ANY in NFL history with green bay and Favre..... >>

In two Monday's.

The writing was on the wall in the offseason that OG wouldn't be brought back. Why didn't we sign Carter then? We couldn't, because OG was injured, & he was to be cut. So that image under Booyeah's name will be the last great image we'll see from OG.

OG isn't the long term answer, neither is Carter, but Carter may stick around for another year too. Chambers is the only WR that will be here a while.

I will unlike some people on these boards refrain from childish name calling.

However if Chris Carter is such a good fit for this team why didn't your FO sign him in the offseason? It seems they are either 1) reaching for a player they deemed not a good fit or 2) really stupid for not signing him in the offseason where he could already be an integral part of the offense

Yes, yes I know gadsen is injured but he would've played with his injury given an extension, they felt gadsen was good enough then why not now?

I have also said that the guy can play ... there is no denying that but you underestimate the impact of losing a palyer and having another step into the locker room. I have played competitive sports at a very high level and these things do have an effect in the locker room. Mind you I played only as an amatuer but Some people will have allegiances to gadsen and feel slighted by carter's signing

Talent wise the Miami Dolphins have been upgraded but why in the middle of the season when you look like the best team in football ... as the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it..

"Are you retarded??

Carter was a drug addict in Philly. He also battled alcohol. Now Carter is the picture of good living and physical fitness. Yeah, he's the same person he was in Philly"

Having Drug and alcohol problems doesn't make you a bad person. However if you'd talk to an educated person on the subject they'd tell you that substance abuse is often a selfish act which becomes a much larger problem. (there are many other underlying factors too!)

The point is he still hasn't stopped being selfish.

I'm just offering constructive criticsm .... unlike some who blindly cheer on their team even when moves are made that could quite possibly are to the detriment of the team

We didn't sign Carter in the offseason because there's this thing called the cap. They offered what they could afford at the time, it wasn't enough then. There were other more pressing needs, like DL, punter, and a KR. It was thought that as long as the corps of WRs we already had remained healthy, that would be enough. But they didn't remain healthy, so here is Carter, still available, and ready to play on a legit SB contender.

I don't think any of you guys really understand want went wrong in Pihilly between Moss, Carter, and Culpepper.

I was all for CC in the offseason, wasn't big on the idea 2 days ago, but now it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters now is Miami is about to sign the 2nd best WR that ever played in the NFL. No he won't ever catch 100 balls again, but he is 36 3 years younger than Rice who is currently among the leaders of WR this year. CC off season regiment is the only one that could contend with Jerry's. He also will have the advantage of not going thru training camp and the first 7 games. How perfect of a setting is 3 mondays from now on Monday night in Green Bay. This is a spotlight that has hit CC before, and all of America will be watching to see if he catches one more time.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I was all for CC in the offseason, wasn't big on the idea 2 days ago, but now it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters now is Miami is about to sign the 2nd best WR that ever played in the NFL. No he won't ever catch 100 balls again, but he is 36 3 years younger than Rice who is currently among the leaders of WR this year. CC off season regiment is the only one that could contend with Jerry's. He also will have the advantage of not going thru training camp and the first 7 games. How perfect of a setting is 3 mondays from now on Monday night in Green Bay. This is a spotlight that has hit CC before, and all of America will be watching to see if he catches one more time.

Imagine that Chris Carter first game with the dolphins on national t.v if every thing goes well....:D

Back
Top Bottom