ESPN - NFL Playoff Machine 2014 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN - NFL Playoff Machine 2014

Not that I doubt what you're saying but how would we be the #6 seed when we'd have the same record as the Chiefs and they beat us head to head/

Not that I doubt what you're saying but how would we be the #6 seed when we'd have the same record as the Chiefs and they beat us head to head/

Because head to head is the tie breaker only when it's 2 teams that share the same record. As you know they're several teams 7-5 along with us if we win tonight. If more than 2 teams are of the same record then the tie breaker becomes the conference record.

It's posted in the other threads, tie breakers etc...still a long way to go after tonight.

Because head to head is the tie breaker only when it's 2 teams that share the same record. As you know they're several teams 7-5 along with us if we win tonight. If more then 2 teams are of the same record then the tie breaker becomes the conference record.

Ah I didn't realize that but good to know. And yes long way to go but it would be nice to see them up in there in the 6th seed and seeing Buffalo choking on our tailpipe again. I wanna see RT go off for 7 TDs tonight!

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

It's posted in the other threads, tie breakers etc...still a long way to go after tonight.

I hadn't gone through those threads yet and didn't realize that but it's good info.

Correct.

If more than two teams tied, conference record.

Win tonight and we jump to 6 seed.

With my best "realistic" predictions I have:
1. NE
2. Denver
3. Indy
4. Pitts
5. Miami
6. KC

NFC
1. GB
2. Philly
3. Seattle
4. NO
5. Detroit
6. Arizona

For some fun if the Chargers beat New England for us and we can pull that game out and beat them too we get the 2 seed. Having said that as tough as it'll be to play the Chargers on the road I can't imagine them losing two in a row let alone three. It is possible though...

And the game this weekend is it for either the Dolphins or Ravens. It is pretty much as close to an elimination game as you an get for two 7-5 teams in week 14.

With my best "realistic" predictions I have:
1. NE
2. Denver
3. Indy
4. Pitts
5. Miami
6. KC

NFC
1. GB
2. Philly
3. Seattle
4. NO
5. Detroit
6. Arizona

For some fun if the Chargers beat New England for us and we can pull that game out and beat them too we get the 2 seed. Having said that as tough as it'll be to play the Chargers on the road I can't imagine them losing two in a row let alone three. It is possible though...

And the game this weekend is it for either the Dolphins or Ravens. It is pretty much as close to an elimination game as you an get for two 7-5 teams in week 14.

Not sure Arizona is going to hold on to the playoff spot.

I feel that Miami just needs to win the home games and they will be in...

I also believe they can beat whoever the 3rd of 4th seed will be whether it is the Bangles, Colts or Steelers.

Didn't realize KC was effectively eliminated after last weekend. I believe they need the Jags to beat the Texans, and the Browns to beat the Ravens. Good luck with that one.

Back
Top Bottom