ESPN Ranks Team's Under-25 Players - Dolphins Dead Last | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Ranks Team's Under-25 Players - Dolphins Dead Last

lynx

Club Member
Reaction score
There's a paywall? Hmmm..not for me and I haven't given ESPN a dime in my life, weird. Sorry about that. Anyways, here's the Dolphins assessment

32. Miami Dolphins

2023 ranking: 24

Blue-chip players: None

Notable graduated players: WR Jaylen Waddle, OT Austin Jackson, EDGE Jaelan Phillips, CB Kader Kohou

It's hard to know how much credit to give Miami for 22-year-old running back De'Von Achane. He had an incredible rookie season, with 7.8 yards per carry and 11 combined touchdowns. But that's over just 11 games and 130 touches. He's a great player but also a great part-time player.

The other main youngster with NFL experience is 24-year-old safety Jevon Holland. In three NFL seasons, Holland has posted four sacks and five interceptions. Otherwise, the top talents here are rookies: first-round edge rusher Chop Robinson (21) and second-round offensive tackle Patrick Paul (22). There's also cornerback Cam Smith (23), last year's second-round pick who hasn't earned a starting job yet.

My guess is the lack of draft picks through trades and tampering penalties has much to do with this low ranking. There have been some misses and "to be determined" players, but the list of players in the review is pretty impressive IMO.

I don't see this posted anywhere, please delete if it has been already. We do have multiple key players just over 25 but still, I thought this list was surprising

Not surprised at all. How many draft picks did we hit on in 2022 and 2023

Not surprised at all. How many draft picks did we hit on in 2022 and 2023

Miami didn't have a first or second in 2022, or a first in 2023, so it's difficult to hold them accountable for that.

Back
Top Bottom