ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Report: Wade to sign 3 year contract like Lebron

Smart move. UNION BROTHERS MUST STICK TOGETHER!!! Good for them

I agree - it's ****ty that they're doing this for more money, but it's smart business wise, more so for LeBron because he was the one who informed Wade. O'well, as I said before, it doesn't change the fact that Wade is my favorite player and LeBron is one of my favorite players. I just don't like it, personally.

The saddest part of it all is that Melo will soon be making $25 million per year. :rolleyes2 And please, nobody post his stats - I already know what his stats are, and that is misleading. Yeah, he's come up clutch during the regular season, but the reason he had to do so in many of those situations is because he was a 4th quarter turnover machine. When the steaks rise, Melo declines. He doesn't deserve the contract he'll get in four years. I don't understand Melo's hype. On an excellent squad, he's a 20 per guy, not much more. I like him as a player, but I can't stand his name being brought up in "superstar" discussions. Also, I assume Chris Bosh will now follow? Good for him, he'll be a superstar by then.

Blueprint said:
I agree - it's ****ty that they're doing this for more money, but it's smart business wise, more so for LeBron because he was the one who informed Wade. O'well, as I said before, it doesn't change the fact that Wade is my favorite player and LeBron is one of my favorite players. I just don't like it, personally.

But the saddest part of it all is that Melo will soon be making $25 million per year. And please, nobody post his stats - I already know what his stats are, and that is misleading. Yeah, he's come up clutch during the regular season, but the reason he had to do so in many of those situations is because he was a 4th quarter turnover machine. When the steaks rise, Melo declines. He doesn't deserve the contract he'll get in 4-years.

nobody is giving melo 25 million a year. he might want to re-think his decision.

LightsOut said:
nobody is giving melo 25 million a year. he might want to re-think his decision.
If it was an option right now, Denver would sadly give him 6-years/$150 million.

Blueprint said:
If it was an option right now, Denver would sadly give him 6-years/$150 million.

they wouldn't have to because nobody else would be offering it.

melo can't carry a team by himself. thatz what you have to do when you make that kind of money.

LightsOut said:
they wouldn't have to because nobody else would be offering it.

melo can't carry a team by himself. thatz what you have to do when you make that kind of money.
In the NBA, you don't have to carry a team to get the max. Don't get me wrong, I know Melo can't carry a team, nor can he carry Wade or LeBron's gatorade bottles. For the cap that the league has in place, this is the most overpaid league there is. All you have to do is come off the bench and add a spark - you'll get the full MLE of about $6 million a year; ask Vladimir Radmanovic.

Melo puts up 26.5 PPG and he's 22 - he'd get the max just because of it, sadly.

Blueprint said:
In the NBA, you don't have to carry a team to get the max. Don't get me wrong, I know Melo can't carry a team, nor can he carry Wade or LeBron's gatorade bottles. For the cap that the league has in place, this is the most overpaid league there is. All you have to do is come off the bench and add a spark - you'll get the full MLE of about $6 million a year; ask Vladimir Radmanovic.

Melo puts up 26.5 PPG and he's 22 - he'd get the max just because of it, sadly.

kobe signed a 7 year 136 million contract. you are crazy if you think carmelo is getting 6 years 150 million.

LightsOut said:
kobe signed a 7 year 136 million contract. you are crazy if you think carmelo is getting 6 years 150 million.

You couldn't sign for $150 million that year, but if you could, obviously Kobe would get it. :rolleyes2

I don't think you truly understand this league and the salary cap. Players do not always get signed for their value, this is an overpaid league and it has been for a while, and will only get worse. Can Melo carry a team? NO. Is Melo worth the max? NO. Is he overrated? YES. Would he get it from Denver if he was a free agent right now? YES.

LightsOut said:
Nene signed a 6 year 60 million dollar contract, why is it so far off? Melo is one of the biggest names in the sport today, and even if he isn't as talented as 'Bron or Wade he'd still get payed as an equal. Melo is more of a name than anything, and when fans think of the Nuggest coming to town, the first thing that comes to their mind is, "Lets go see Carmelo Anthony", as goes with guys like KG, Kobe, Tmac, Bron, Wade, etc.. Melo isn't a top 20 player in my opinion, maybe he still has soom room for improvement, but if he wanted the big bucks Denver would obey him.

Wade gives away 10% of his yearly income every year, and has been doing so since BEFORE he was in the NBA

He wont be going anywhere, after the next 3 years he will Max out for another 6

Lebron will leave Cleveland, and Carmello wont get the new Max contract and go to the highest bidder....he isnt worth it

Alex44 said:
Wade gives away 10% of his yearly income every year, and has been doing so since BEFORE he was in the NBA

Lebron will leave Cleveland, and Carmello wont get the new Max contract and go to the highest bidder....he isnt worth it
Says who? You? Only time I believe it is when I see it. Carmelo will be with the Nuggets for three more years, then will max out. Also, where are you getting this info on Wade? I'd like a source posted proving it true, otherwise it seems fabricated to me. 10% of income is quite a lot, and you're saying he gave away 10% of his income before he was in the NBA, what was he doing in college while playing bball and going to school? I'm sure if he was working he'd be giving every penny to his family.

Yep sounds good, let's bring Wade and Bron out to LA in three years!! They will be in their prime and ready to go!!

O-Connection said:
Says who? You? Only time I believe it is when I see it. Carmelo will be with the Nuggets for three more years, then will max out. Also, where are you getting this info on Wade? I'd like a source posted proving it true, otherwise it seems fabricated to me. 10% of income is quite a lot, and you're saying he gave away 10% of his income before he was in the NBA, what was he doing in college while playing bball and going to school? I'm sure if he was working he'd be giving every penny to his family.

Its called titheing, and I got it from wikipedia, just search Dwyane Wade, it tells you EVERYTHING you would ever need to know about him

Wade is also among the American Christian adults who tithe, according to the Sun-Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Wade gave 10% of his $2.6 million salary this season to the Blood Water & the Spirit Ministry on South Prairie Avenue on Chicago's southside. Wade was a tither before he started playing in the NBA.

Titheing is giving 10% of your yearly income btw in case you dont know that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwyane_Wade

Alex44 said:

ya... I was just thinking about that. That church he donates 10% to must be loving life right now! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom